A new dawn, a new day, a new diary.

I woke up so late today, and only woke up because there was a kitten hitting me in the face with his paw wanting to play. Oopsie. I'm feeling rather hungry today and m mostly fine for meals but snacks i'm getting low on, my fruit bowl is a little diminished and out of cereal bars too. Have no idea what to have for dinner tonight, I think it might end up being baked potato again. My grandad keeps giving me potatoes the size of baby lol. They're fantastic for someone with a huge appetite, aka me. I need to find out where he gets them from though.

I'm realllllly wanting some chocolate today, I always crave it when i'm writing but I think it's out of habit, since for the past 5 years every time I write I get myself a huge bottle of Lucozade or two and two bags of chocolate and eat it while I work. So bad. I'm trying to get out of the habit of snacking just because i'm working, i'm not even hungry when i'm doing it, I think it breaks up the boredom a bit. So i'll try and stick to apples and oranges for now.

Friday

Breakfast: x2 special k bars (hexB 1 & 2)
Lunch: rice, sugar snap peas, quorn mince, soy sauce, mushrooms and onion
Dinner: baked potato, cottage cheese, rocket, tomato, cucumber, pepper and balsamic glaze (1 syn)
Snacks: apple, clementine, 25g mixed seeds (7 syns), orange, 0% yogurt, grapes, mugshot (1 syn)
Drinks: 250ml ss milk (hexA) with chocolate mix (3.5 syns), 3 litres water with nas squash
Total syns: 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Again woke up really incredibly late today, so haven't been awake long enough to eat as much as normal! Haven't had much protein for dinner so think i'll probably be hungry later... I did cook up quorn turkey style things, but I realllllly dislike the taste, I had a few bites and threw it away. If I get hungry later i'll have some cottage cheese and grapes instead. Was very good grocery shopping, managed to keep the cost down a lot this week, since we went waaaay over budget last week and didn't buy too many synful things. Last week i bought a bag of popcorn, x4 twirl bars and a box of cookie and had finished them all by tuesday and didn't even remember I'd eaten them until I was taking bins out yesterday, how I lost weight last week I don't know. So purposefully I bought 3 mini chocolates for £1 so I can't overindulge and will incorporate the rest of my syns into meals and from seeds/cereal bars. Mostly stocked up on fruit and cereal bars which are my go-to snacks. I've got a box of assorted chocolate biscuits from
Christmas that were sitting unopened on the table in front of me all day, i'd managed to stay clear so far because they're 4 syns per biscuit, but today I caved and had
three - don't know how I stopped at three because they tasted amazing. I've now noticed the box has disappeared! I have a feeling my mum tidied them away so I
wouldn't eat them all :rolleyes: I won't admit it but it's probably a wise move ;)

Off to see my grandparents tomorrow, hopefully my grandma hasn't been baking because it's so hard to sit talking in the kitchen when you're being offered food and turning it down but you can still smell it!

Saturday

Lunch: x2 toast (hexB 1), 30g cheddar (hexA) and tomatoes
Dinner: potato wedges, roasted peppers, mushrooms, carrots and courgettes and homemade tzatziki
Snacks: orange, x3 biscuits (12 syns), special k bar (hexB 2), apple
Drinks: 1.5 litres water with nas squash, 500ml coke zero cherry

Last edited:
I had a real bad chocolate craving yesterday!:rolleyes:...what is it about chocolate?!

Well done on stopping at 3 biscuits:D and knocking the head on some of the goodies in your shopping :D

Hope you don't have anything to irresistable at your grandparents!

Had a bit of a weird food day today. Ate a small breakfast as I was about to go out and my grandparents decided they were gonna come here, but by the time they eventually showed up (they decided to go to a few shops first :rolleyes:) it was already lunch. They literally arrived as I gave up on them coming and was gonna cook lunch, so had three biscuits again while they were here but by the time they left it was nearer dinner, so I ended up without a no proper breakfast and no lunch and have been starving all day :sigh:

I'm struggling today, i'll admit, I had an awful night and it's left me grumpy! Something has been keeping me awake at night outside then last night something was moving about in our garden around midnight, It sounded like my neighbor moving stuff but I woke up this morning to bunny toys out of the run and realised our neighbour is away so it's either burglar or I'm guessing a fox is roaming around. Just so glad I locked up my bunnies in their hutch last night because of the cold rather than letting them stay out. I've locked them in again tonight and since i'll be up until the wee hours writing I plan on finding out whatever is keeping me awake! Not that I know what to do if it is a fox, try and find where it's getting in I guess. I'm rambling...

Sunday

Breakfast: x2 special K bars (hexB 1 & 2), banana
Dinner: rice, sugar snap peas, onions, mushrooms, soy sauce and quorn mince
Snacks: pear, x biscuits (12 syns), 6 crackers (6 syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash

Haha, now where to get a catapult. Lol

ive been a busy little bee today, did loads of jobs around the house, and even made some soup ready for tomorrow dentist appointment and all on no sleep. I have a feeling I've been so productive because I'm getting sick, I always seem to go on a cleaning spree before I get sick lol. Also that tom and I'm crazy crazy craving chocolate today, already used my syns on chocolate but it's so bad there might be a midnight snack run...

monday

breakfast: x2 Special K bars (hexB 1 & 2) and a banana
lunch: 45g reduced fat halloumi, roasted tomatoes, courgette, peppers and large flat mushroom, couscous, stock, spices and sundried tomato (3 syns)
dinner: quorn chilli with rice and homemade tzatziki
snacks: Apple, pear, x2 mini chocolate bars (12 syns)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash

I did resist haha, but only because I wasn't sure I had enough petrol to get me anywhere lol.

Dentist was okay, mouth felt okay, but wasn't allowed to eat for 6 hours after, and my appointment was late, so by the time I finally did get to eat it had been 12 bloomin' hours and I was starving. I managed a little bit of soup on Tuesday night and a mug shot. Yesterday I was struggling a bit more, mouth felt okay until early evening apart from the feeling of my throat bruised and it's so hard to swallow. After WI I went and bought a quorn cottage pie from tesco since it's nice and soft to eat, even though it's a few syns it's better than not eating, and some chocolate too. Today though I am soooo sore and can't really open my mouth, i managed a tiny bit of pasta but i'm very hungry and it's making me grumpy lol.

I was disappointed with WI this week, I was really expecting 3lb, I felt like i'd lost loads but had a sts :( idk if it's TOM or because of the whole not eating/teeth thing but i'm disappointed. I'm hoping i'll be able to eat properly again in the next few days and kick butt at next week's WI.

No food diaries until I can actually eat again I don't think.

Thank you Denn x

The mouth is much improved today, although my face is still swollen. But woke up and didn't have to take pain killers, so improvement, yay.

Im trying out an SP day today, since the last few days food wise haven't been brilliant, not awful but probably not enough to lose. Figure I can give it a shot and see how I fare. So far so good.

monday

lunch

Butter bean mash (P) with 1 tsp margarine (2 syns), quorn fillet (P), large flat mushroom (S), roasted courgettes (S)" tomatoes (S) and peppers (S). A bowl of raspberries (S) and clementine (S).
image.jpg

Dinner

Thank you Denn x

The mouth is much improved today, although my face is still swollen. But woke up and didn't have to take pain killers, so improvement, yay.

Im trying out an SP day today, since the last few days food wise haven't been brilliant, not awful but probably not enough to lose. Figure I can give it a shot and see how I fare. So far so good.

monday

lunch

Butter bean mash (P) with 1 tsp margarine (2 syns), quorn fillet (P), large flat mushroom (S), roasted courgettes (S)" tomatoes (S) and peppers (S). A bowl of raspberries (S) and clementine (S).
View attachment 164636

Dinner
glad you're a bit better, and no pain killers- result!

oooh good luck with SP, you're braver than me!:D
bit too restrictive for me, if i have an SP day, it's by accident :D

I have been on plan all week, but very snowed under with work. I have finally caught up, for now. Was very disappointed I had a STS this week (although I was waiting to WI for so long I needed to pee really badly, so maybe that had something to do with it :rolleyes: maybe not). I had been very good, EE most days, green a two and SP once, I was really expecting a loss. Didn't even resort to chocolate while I was working! I'm really disappointed with my losses the past few weeks.

I'm going to try and have a week of SP, at least 4 days and see if that boosts my losses. So far been SP today. Dinner is cooking now, really late because I got chatting to my friend and before I knew it it was 3 hours later! But i've got veggie chilli on, and lentils cooking instead of rice. Don't think I could make SP a regular thing though, I really do enjoy my pasta and rice and potatoes too much!

THURSDAY

Lunch: scrambled eggs (p), loads of mushrooms (s), x2 wholemeal toast (hexB 1), veggie bacon (3 syns), brown sauce (1 syn)
Dinner: quorn chilli (carrot (s), mushrooms (s), peppers (s), quorn mince (p), kidney beans in sauce (p), chopped tomatoes (s), lentils (p))
Snacks: pear, pear, orange

a STS isn't too bad, better than a gain!...and LOl @ your reasoning, you could have a point though :D
Good luck with the SP, not sure if i could do 1 day let alone 4 :D
May have a go at some point, but wouldn't hold out much hope :D

Lol, I gotta be honest I'm struggling with SP! I miss potatoes and rice a lot. I definitely can't handle a week of it, I don't know how some people at group are going on with their third week of it :confused: I'm already stuck for ideas for tomorrow!

friday

breakfast: leftover quorn and lentil chilli
lunch: 35g porridge oats (hexB 1) with 250ml ss milk (hexA) and 1 tbsp Nutella and peanut butter (8 syns)
dinner: quorn and chickpea curry (chickpeas (p), quorn pieces (p), peppers (s), mushrooms (s), butternut squash (s), spices
snacks: Orange, raspberries, blackberries, crisps (6 syns), alpen light bar (hexB 2)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash

I think the SP will 'calm down' soon.....reckon it's a 'novelty' of SW bringing a new 'plan' in....seems like a tougher 'Red' day to me...
And i haven't heard of many having great losses with it either?
will be interesting to see how you get on at weigh in if you do a whole week on it :)

Definitely. First week of it I know most of the social club tried it with average success. I think the novelty is wearing off quickly in group at least. Although one of the ladies at group said she'd lost 5lbs, she's always had trouble with the losses and tends to lose inches instead, but everyone else seems to be having fairly average losses, I think. Tbh I don't think there's a huge difference. I'm much happier on EE and green but I'm going to persevere for now at least lol. Maybe have a cheeky weigh in on Monday morning and see how I'm getting on/if it's worth continuing.

Today has been a mishmash of food. Been in bed most of the day with a bad back, God knows what I've done to it but it's killing. So food has just been whatever I can shove together quickly so I can lay back down! Forgot I'd had halloumi for dinner so had a cheese slice tonight and am now over syns, but nothing I can do about it now.

saturday

lunch: rocket (s), tomatoes (s), cucumber (s), peppers (s), balsamic glaze (1 syn) and quorn pieces (p)
dinner: roasted peppers (s), roasted tomatoes (s), 45g rf halloumi (hexA), roasted large flat mushroom (s), eggs (p), peas (p), carrots (s), veggie burger (2.5 syns)
snacks: space raiders crisps (3 syns), raspberries, blackberries, satsuma, popcorn (8 syns), alpen light bar (hexB 1), x2 wholemeal toast (hexb 2), cheddar cheese slices (4.5 syns), tomatoes and basil
drinks: cherry coke zero, 4 litres nas squash
total syns: 19 syns

Bit stuck for dinner ideas today, I might attempt some kind of stew, I think I have a swede and some other miscellaneous veggies that need using up. Maybe mix some lentils in or something, I'll see what happens nearer the time.

Sunday

Breakfast:
x2 wholemeal toast (hexB 1) , cheese slice (hexA), tomatoes (s), basil
Lunch: mushrooms (s), eggs (p) and half a grapefruit (s)
Dinner: lentil and quorn bolognese
Snacks: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 2), pear, pear, apple, bowl of popcorn (6.5 syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml cherry coke zero
Total syns: 6.5 syns

Last edited:
No stew for me, bolognese instead, made better leftovers I think. Back is a bit better thank you, although still sore.

I'm a bit sick of SP now, I want some pasta! I'm running out of ideas and feel far too restricted. Unless I lose a miraculous amount I will be reverting to green. I might make myself a veggie lasagne after WI tomorrow night, all I will have to syn is cheese and sauce so shouldn't be too bad. And it will be nice to eat a yogurt and some blueberries and grapes, i've missed grapes a lot this week!

Monday

Lunch:
leftover lentil and quorn bolognese
Dinner:
scrambled eggs (p), x2 large flat mushrooms (s), brown sauce (1 syn), x2 wholemeal toast from 400g (hexB 1)
Snacks:
apple, pear, pear, satsuma, blackberries, raspberries, x2 alpen light bars (hexB 2), packet of space raiders (3 syns), 20g popcorn (6ish syns)
Drinks:
250ml cherry coke zero, 3 litres water with nas squash
Total syns
: 10 syns

Tuesday

Lunch:
salad (rocket (s), cucumber (s), tomatoes (s), peppers (s), onion (s)) and low fat cottage cheese (p) with balsamic glaze (1 syn)
Dinner: 45g rf halloumi (hexA), roasted tomatoes (s), peppers (s), onion (s), carrot (s), butternut squash 'chips' with cumin (s) and far, far too many mushy peas for one human being (p)
Snacks: x4 alpen light bars (hexB 1&2), x2 apples (s), x2 packets of space raiders (6 syns), pear (s)
Drinks: 500ml cherry coke zero, 3 litres water with nas squash
Total syns: 7 syns

Back