Total Solution A new me

Em_gee

I've been posting in Introductions but figured I should move to here as it's become somewhat of a diary. Hi everyone!

Hi everyone,

I've been using this site for the last month as inspiration to help me begin and stick to my own weight loss journey but hadn't been brave enough to start sharing it until now. Seeing how determined you all are and how much success you can have if you put your mind to it has been so encouraging.

My name is Emma and I've been overweight for most of my life, BMI obese for maybe the last 6 years at least. I'm 26 and have never had any kind of body confidence, I hate the way I look. I've tried all sorts of diets in the past but never been able to stick to anything long enough to get results. This year I reached 15st11lb, the heaviest I've ever been, and I was devastated but not surprised. I'm a carb junkie!

My sister (smaller but still overweight) and I decided we needed to do something a bit more drastic than our failed attempt at SW last year and decided to try Lipotrim. We've stuck with it for the last 5 weeks and I lost 24lbs which is crazy to me! I never thought I could actually stick with something and be able to lose so much so quickly. It was too expensive to do longer term though so I did some research (and checked out minimins again!) and found out about Exante which cost about half as much. And after Lipotrim I was looking forward to the variety!

Today was Day 1 of Exante and I'm feeling really positive about it. The packs taste really good and it's given me a renewed energy to continue this journey to find the body that I am happy with. So I decided to start documenting the adventure here, maybe I can encourage myself and others who might feel like they are just destined to be fat forever!

Thank you to everyone who has shared their own experiences here and helped me to begin mine.

Day 3 and things are going really well so far. I'm loving the flavours of the shakes but I think turkey dinner is my fave so far. Didn't really enjoy the maple granola 'cereal', way too sweet for me. I keep checking the Exante site and it looks like things go in and out of stock super fast so ordered some more varieties and waiting (im)patiently for pasta carbonara, Irish cream and cherry bakewell to make it through the snow! Has anyone tried the choco puffs? I've been a bit put off the 'cereals' by the granola :confused:.
I feel like I'm more hungry with this than I was with the lipotrim but I'm putting that down to the higher carb and sugar content. Hopefully I'm still in ketosis.

Yeah it's been a good day. Been stuck at home since Thursday because of the snow and that's been hard because usually I would eat out of boredom so Netflix has been my close companion to keep me occupied 😂. Back at work tomorrow and back into a routine. Managed to stay 100% even though I've been craving sausages (random I know!). No added sugar cream-soda is my new drink of choice. Makes a nice change from water!
Trying to avoid stepping on the scales until Tuesday morning as that will be my WI day. The hunger pangs have subsided at least.
Not a fan of the gooey lemon pud but absolutely loved the Mexican rice yesterday (with some Tabasco and fresh coriander). My new order should be here tomorrow or Tuesday so I'll finally get to try the Irish cream shake.
How is everyone doing?

Pasta carbonara was absolutely worth the wait. So good to be able to have pasta! I wonder if I'm in the minority but really enjoyed it. Cherry and almond bar was good, not too sweet. Weigh in tomorrow so we'll see how Exante has suited me so far. I'll be happy with 3lbs
At least the weather is finally getting better, today was actually decent!

I know it's only a little thing but two people complimented me on my weight loss at work today. One of them asked how I'm doing it! Made me feel really confident and renewed my resolve to hit my target by summer.

When did people start noting the changes in you?

Irish cream shake does not taste like Irish cream :badmood:

On a positive note, weighed in at 194lbs which means 4.6 off since last week and 27.8 off in total. 2 stones in 6 weeks! Setting myself a goal of another stone for the Easter holiday

Irish cream shake does not taste like Irish cream :badmood:

On a positive note, weighed in at 194lbs which means 4.6 off since last week and 27.8 off in total. 2 stones in 6 weeks! Setting myself a goal of another stone for the Easter holiday

I can confirm that Lemon Cheesecake shake DOES taste like lemon cheescake. I mean, in much the same way that Bovril IS roast beef, if you know what I mean, but still...

Yeah I know what you mean! I did try the lemon cheesecake and enjoyed it but weird cheesy aftertaste....like mini cheddars :classic_err_what:

I've been posting in Introductions but figured I should move to here as it's become somewhat of a diary. Hi everyone!
I didn't like the maple granola either - sickly and weird artificial aftertaste! maybe I'll try it again with more water after a while.
Good luck!!

I sort of expect it all to taste weird and artificial - because it is those things. Therefore I think the shakes aren’t too bad considering.

That's true. I've definitely had worse. I think I'm struggling because I prefer savory flavours and I'm finding a lot of the Exante products are really sweet (especially compared to Lipotrim) I ended up having vegetable soup for breakfast 🤣

They are very sweet. You can add more water maybe. I’ve not had any soups, but I had a pasta tonight and made it nice and spicy. Big change from milkshake!

I ate some food yesterday and I've somehow gained 3lbs. It wasn't even 3lbs of food :banghead: I know it's not the end of the world but it's really discouraging...makes last week's effort seem a bit worthless.

How do you deal with unexpected gains?

I ate some food yesterday and I've somehow gained 3lbs. It wasn't even 3lbs of food :banghead: I know it's not the end of the world but it's really discouraging...makes last week's effort seem a bit worthless.

How do you deal with unexpected gains?

If you ate carbohydrates, the gain will be glycogen/water weight

All you can do is dust yourself off, draw a line under yesterday and start again :classic_smile:

Onwards and downwards :classic_big_grin:

It was a few chicken wings, two bites of steak and two chips :classic_big_grin: we ordered Coke zero but it tasted suspiciously sweet so maybe that was a factor! :eatdrink017:
I'll be alright, struggled a bit today but just had an extra pack instead so it was controlled, will try to only have 3 tomorrow and get properly back on track.
Remembering to hydrate enough is the hardest bit :waterbottle:

Back