A new start - 78storm

It might be a good idea for you to write down some sort of time table system to help you, you really shouldn't be missing out the Xenical though.

I take Xenical at the start of every meal, my multivits I take last thing at night,before I go to sleep.

What about taking the multivits in the morning, as soon as you get up? or around time of elevensess?

I think taking them at elevenses time might be the answer thanks for suggesting it.

I get up 5.30-6am depending where I'm working & leave the house within an hour having breakfasted and first Xen tablet. Lunch is 1ish quite often nearer 2 and another Xen.

One day a week I get home around 6pm the rest of the week it's after 8.30pm hence I'm struggling to get the timegap between my evening meal & taking the multi-vit.

So I will try elevenses from tomorrow. Not quite the same as a biscuit with my coffee!

I think that's going to be a good time for you, won't get in the way of meals then :)

Made the OH his sandwiches this morning & didn't eat the cheese crumbs. I was quite proud of myself-had sorted my food out last night.

I'm still struggling with ideas for pub food. I know I'll be going out for lunch on Thursday at a Chef & Brewer pub (we always go out and it's a bit of a treat for the client's wife plus the offices there are fairly grubby so I enjoy a change of scene). I've been looking at the menu and am really struggling for a low-fat choice, I'd normally have had fish & chips so even if I swap the chips for new potatoes that's still an awful lot of fat plus I don't think I want to risk fish there as the loos aren't great if Mr Tango calls!

They only have a few veggie options (I eat fish but not meat) and they're loaded with cheese. As I'm in company I obviously need to eat similarly to them i.e. a meal not a sandwich ideally. The waitress there is always in a bad mood so whatever I ask to have changed i.e. potatoes rather than chips will generate a huffy response.

Any ideas appreciated for this week and generally on eating out.

Good luck, just had a quick look at their web pages.. Perhaps your Fish and chips.. Take batter off fish and ask for new potatoes no butter/ or on the side :). Good luck

1/2 cup chips aprox 6-8 chips 186 cals 6.7g fat.. Looked up pub f&c 790 cals 25.9g fat

Another 3.6lbs which takes me to 1 stone lost. Very happy with that as wasn't feeling I'd lost anything this week. Yippee.

Well done!!! Excellent loss! :)

Have been tackling the filing mountain (it's still a very large hill) in the office today so mainly on my feet with brain wandering thinking about exercise ideas and realised I have an exercise bike in the barn which I bought 14 years ago when I couldn't walk due to a back injury (sitting was ok). The bike used to live behind the sofa so I could watch TV while pedalling, but it eventually become a clothes horse and of course that was a different home. It has spent at least 12 years in the barn BUT there's no reason why it shouldn't work so I'll be getting it out at the weekend and need to find it a new home so I can cycle undercover in the evenings and perhaps read at the same time.

At work and the client came in and complimented me on losing weight. Very nice that it was noticed, I'm wearing my belt a hole tighter now too.

Off for the pub lunch shortly have decided to have the minestrone soup with a roll and have sneakily had some dry bitesize shredded wheat while I've been in the office on my own so I'm feeling filled up a bit already.

Have got the exercise bike out, cleaned it off & enjoyed 30 mins gentle pedalling. The batteries had corroded so I want to clean the contacts up as it would be nice to get the stats back on display. Main thing is the resistance still works so I can build up the time & make it harder even if the distance & calories aren't displayed.

Hey hun, well done this week :) What do you do for work hun? I've just had a look at your stats, you're doing so well hun, I've been where you are now, and more and I know it's hard, but you can do this, so well done for what you've acheived so far! :)

4.2lb this week yippee!!! and I've made my 5% loss which is really nice. Looking at my Christmas ticker weight loss is both manageable and achieveable.

Dr's WI tomorrow, will be interesting to see what her scales say in the afternoon, also my starting weight with her was a few days before I started the Xen when we had visitors so I think I probably gained between her WI and my start WI at home. I'm going to stick with the at home figures and her scales should also show a good loss even if not quite so much.

You're on the right track for Christmas hun, your snowman will soon be nearing the end...keep going :)

Good luck for tomorow... I hate the Dr's weigh in :(

Well had the Dr's WI this afternoon she noted down my loss but her scales only showed 2kg however we did discover I could lose another 5kg by standing differently on them so I think my start weight with her was wrong. I'm going to stick with the weight on the digital scales I have that like to be level and will refuse to record a weight if they're not happy.

She was pleased with my weight loss and the main thing was that I must exercise more and have more variety when I do, it's back to see her in a month.

The practice pharmacist asked if I'd found the phone calls from the Xen dietician useful as apparently when Xen was first launched it was one of the main features and you had a weekly phone call for c. 6 weeks. I've not had one although I've seen mention on old postings on other forums that they were happening. I've registered on Mapassist. Has anyone had a phone call?

Well had the Dr's WI this afternoon she noted down my loss but her scales only showed 2kg however we did discover I could lose another 5kg by standing differently on them so I think my start weight with her was wrong. I'm going to stick with the weight on the digital scales I have that like to be level and will refuse to record a weight if they're not happy.

She was pleased with my weight loss and the main thing was that I must exercise more and have more variety when I do, it's back to see her in a month.

The practice pharmacist asked if I'd found the phone calls from the Xen dietician useful as apparently when Xen was first launched it was one of the main features and you had a weekly phone call for c. 6 weeks. I've not had one although I've seen mention on old postings on other forums that they were happening. I've registered on Mapassist. Has anyone had a phone call?

This just goes to show how much these people know! When Xenical was first launched they had a brilliant program, where Xenical nurses would ring you up, help you over the phone and they'd send you free stuff, info..measuring tapes etc etc... all that stopped, it no longer exists. All that's available is a simple website, which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot :)

Up another notch on my belt today so that's 2 holes tighter I'm wearing it. Yippee

2.9lbs this week, was a bit disappointed initially then realised that's still nearly 3 jars of honey and a good figure! So I've picked myself up again and am happily heading onwards.

The honey reference goes back to daily tea as a child, the jars were always 1lb and said on the label that they were approximately 454g - it's one of the conversions I can always remember!

I had three good exercise days last week so my aim is to get in at least 4 this week.

Lots of work to do and feel like reaching for the chocolate so thought I better come and say hi instead. Not that I have the time to procrastinate!

Back