A new start - 78storm

My doc told me to wear same clothes.. Even when it gets cold lol..

You're doing so well hun! Portions are a problem for me and I hate it when you look at a plate and it's not full..and I'd always finish my plate of food thinking that I had, and not recognising when I was full.

I rectified this by buying a smaller plate and filling that plate, I could finish the plate of food without worrying about portions, plus my brain was happy that I finished a plate of food, and I didn't feel hard done by lol!

Had my Dr WI on Tuesday, on my scales I'd lost 4kg since my last visit only 1.5kg on hers but as the dial moves a lot I'm sticking with my readings. She was very happy with my progress and said even if I haven't lost 10% in 3 months (think it should be 6 months as she actually said 5% in 3 months when she first prescribed the tablets) per her scales she was happy to let me keep taking Xenical. As my starting weight there is wrong I know I've actually lost over 8% & I'm sure 10% isn't far away.

I thought 1 stone loss was meant to be a dress size but I'm 3/4 pound off 2 stone and have only lost 1/2 a dress size.

Rachgleeson said:
i know the feeling with the dress sizes, i am the same, i had lost 5 stone but didnt lose that many dress sizes. Wouldnt it be nice if we did!! I think it just depends really as we all lose the weight from different places!!

Thanks Rachael your pictures are a real inspiration for me.

I think it depends on how how heavy we are too...the bigger we are the more it takes to show up, and I think the same applies with the dress sizes too, it takes a bit to come off before they start going down, as the weight is spread around and not concentrated in one area... :(

3.3lbs this week I've finally made my 2 stone - well actually 30lbs which is a nice round number. I was imagining 13 bags of sugar and didn't think I wanted to carry them in the supermarket to get an idea of what I'd lost.

Started the green tea tablets yesterday but don't think they're quite responsible for that loss. Lots of walking on Saturday which upset my knee but I enjoyed at the time and I've been drinking protein shakes (4 days last week) to try and up my protein levels in the hope that would help as I know I'm not getting enough protein without having eggs, fish etc in the quantity I did - some of the shakes are a lot nicer than others!

Fab start to a new week I feel energised after that result.

Well done on hitting the 2 stone!! That's great!

3 weeks ago I lost 100g so was a bit demoralised but carried on with the eating. The following week 2.4lbs and now 1.3lbs. The numbers have slowed down and I've been reading but not posting on here as I've been busy BUT I'm delighted to say this week has just tipped me over my 10% loss in 12 weeks. I know the Dr WI tomorrow won't share the loss as their scales started higher and are more inaccurate but 10% wow!

Other achievements in 3 months 15cm off my waist ( I now have one), 7cm off my hips, 5cm off my left thigh and 7cm off my right. My brother commented that I look smaller and I have just bought a pair of size 24 trousers from a shop where I normally squeeze into a 28. I'm still wearing size 26 jeans daily but they're almost worn out so I will be in 24's (from my extensive wardrobe) very shortly.

I know I need to get exercising but as I've injured my knee which responds to exercising by becoming inflamed and sore it's not inviting. The Dr wants to see my knee when it's inflamed but unfortunately it doesn't come to order.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Last edited:
Rachgleeson said:
which green tea tablets are you taking by the way? i was reading up on them today and there is some great reviews for them

good'N Natural green tea extract 315mg from H&B. They were on offer for 100 so I thought I'd start with these. They had some with a double dose for triple the price. Which you taking and what level?

I'm pleased things are going well hun....you're doing really great!!!

Just for once the Dr's scales were with me and I've lost 11lbs on her scales in the last month so the weight loss on her figures is catching up with the real thing - yippee.

She's also given me antibiotics for my knee so lets hope it is an infection as she thinks.

Another good week and I'm feeling & looking thinner finally. At the weekend I dug out a pair of knee high boots you tuck trousers into and they finally fit-I should have measured my calves when I started. Today I wore a tunic jumper, jeggings & the boots and was complimented. I felt good wearing clothes to show I was slimmer. Last week I wore ankle boots a couple of times and with the heels felt I was standing taller.

Work is manic so I've read the threads but not posted much. I'm also trying to get ahead as next week I'm on holiday in Scotland. I was planning on stopping the Xen later in the week for being away-I'm still intending to eat 2 low fat meals a day but as there are 7 of us heading north and we will eat out most nights I don't want to worry about the repercussions and a visit from Mr T. Interestingly having been thinking about what I'd like to eat again when not on Xen for ages and particularly fancied cheese there's now nothing I'm desperate for.

Anyway I'm stopped taking my Xen this morning a bit earlier than planned as tomorrow I'm being taken for lunch at the pub owned by Jamie Oliver's parents (his Dad is the Chef) and I want to be able to enjoy it.

Unfortunately I don't think the antibiotics have solved my knee problem - it responds more to ice so I will take an ice pack to Scotland (or just leave my leg outside based on the weather forecast) so I can still go walking and then head back to the GPs on my return.

This afternoon the office I was in booked their Christmas meal, a set menu at a pub known for its food, there's only one veggie option and everything is ridiculously fatty. The owner actually suggested I look at the main pub menu to see if there were some lower fat options or said I could ask the pub for something I could eat which was nice. Even if if I'm not taking the Xen for Christmas I don't want to go completely off the rails and undo the hard work so far.

Back