A new start - 78storm

We were discussing geocaching at work the other day so I thought I'd try it and see if it makes my walks more interesting. I found me first cache on the way home this evening & have planned a walk for tomorrow taking in some caches, as I know the route well I'm hoping it'll make it more fun and generally be an incentive to go out and walk more during the week.

A friend of mine does it with her husband, and daughter (3) not really sure what it is but they enjoy it! So if it helps go for it :)

9 mile walk this morning, I definitely went further because I was hunting for caches so yes hopefully it will help. it also showed me some new places.

@mis-behave it's a treasure hunt thing using GPS ( or maps & compasses) to find the location & then a visual search to find the cache which is a hidden container of varying sizes. I used my iPhone to find the locations. It's definitely something kids would enjoy.

2 lbs last week which was an 8 day week as I was OH's yesterday morning when I should have weighed in.

Yes it's a good loss BUT I'm disappointed in the loss and myself. I didn't exercise as much during the week as intended but made up for that slightly with Saturday's walk and being on my feet all day Sunday & Monday.

We had friends for dinner last night, I didn't have any alcohol or crisps but admit my portions of stirfry were not the smallest! and I had seconds so I think that's not helped the WI, strawberries and blueberries to follow so overall a pretty good meal to have seconds of.

I'm cutting my calories down to 1700 and will see how that goes and I also need to start weighing portions again as I think my 40g of shredded wheat at lunch time is now nearer 50g - fine as long as I log it accordingly!

Hi!!

I have read your diary, and just wanted to say well done on your loss. I have been on xenical since last friday, and am finding it good so far, but have struggled today a little, but reading your diary has been great motivation to carry on. xxx

It may help to knock 50-100 cals off and I'd say watch the portions.. portions are something I find hard to control, I'd happily fill a plate and eat everything on it, like I have to finish the meal... you could try getting a smaller plate too, that's meant to trick the mind ;)

Have a friend's birthday party on Saturday night and am trying to decide what to wear. Several new things are already too big but have sat in the wardrobe too long to be returned and I'm not quite down to the 24's yet. It's a great problem to have!

Hope things are ok with you hun! :)

bunny_hops said:
Hope things are ok with you hun! :)

Thanks Bunny I was thinking of your advice while choosing food last night!

Yesterday I didn't take any Xen on the basis there would be some in my system & I wanted to reduce the likelihood of being Tango'd.

I had lunch with the friend who's getting married (dress code black tie) in December and enjoyed spinach & ricotta cannelloni with a salad rather than garlic bread. It was gorgeous and served on roasted veg so some unexpected oil in addition to the cheese sauce. They had lots of fish dishes but I wan't feeling that brave and I didn't have a pud.

On my way home my tummy was painfully churning & I had to stop for the loo. I had a lie down for an hour & luckily was fine. I'm not sure if this was from the meal or that I'd had a couple of days of rabbit poos.

In the evening it was off to a 60th birthday party, I deliberately had some veg first so I wasn't starving. There they'd laid out lots of Indian dishes so I had a little bit if everything veggie & piled my plate high with lettuce so it looked full then had the fresh fruit salad as it was unsugared. The food was delicious & I enjoyed trying it all - a couple if months ago I'd have been up for seconds & thirds!

I saw friends who we'd not seen since June and they commented on how well I looked & how my skin was radiating. The compliments were really nice. They also said I'd always looked healthy while overweight & it's true that some people can be thin but look unwell. She suggested I look into doing some proper long distance walking which she enjoys (between her marathons), so that's a thought for next year.

Today I've been at a kayak slalom competition all day on my feet with a couple of portaloos between everyone hence not wanting Mr Tango to visit!

I'm not advocating skipping Xen & won't be making it a regular occurrence but on this occasion it worked for me. Fingers-crossed tomorrow's WI agrees.

I am positive your WI will be great! :)

Positive internal dialog... Go you !! Whoop! Whoop!

I think you did the right thing by stopping the Xenical, and I bet you enjoyed yourself a bit morethat you didn't have that to think about. The spinach and ricotta on roasted veg sounds gorgeous and right up my street! lovely!

Glad you had a lovely time and you got some lovely compliments, it's a real boost :)

I like walking, and I wouldn't mind doing long distance walking, but I always think, if I walk from my house to wherever for how ever long a distance, what happens if I'm completley knackered and can't get back lol! ;)

I think you did the right thing by stopping the Xenical, and I bet you enjoyed yourself a bit morethat you didn't have that to think about. The spinach and ricotta on roasted veg sounds gorgeous and right up my street! lovely

I'm happy it was the right decision, they offered jacket potatoes which with a different filling would be great but I have a jacket potato with baked beans at home I don't need to have that when I'm out!

I am positive your WI will be great! :)

Positive internal dialog... Go you !! Whoop! Whoop!

3lbs so I'm delighted thanks. I've really made an effort to be more active, not necessarily 'exercising' but just moving around more so hopefully that's helped. I actually walked up the stairs this morning and felt a bit out of breath which used to happen when I was heavier and thought I must have gained but I think I'd just been rushing around downstairs and not really thought about breathing as I climbed the stairs.

The only down for me was that I'd decided there were only 12lbs not 14lbs in a stone so I was thinking I'd reach a 2 stone loss this week but I'll have to aim for it for next week. My own fault that my maths went awry. The plus is that I'm under 300lbs, until Minis and MFP I didn't think about pounds but all the same 300lbs is a threshold number like 250/200/... (must stop getting carried away) so that's great to see.

78storm said:
The only down for me was that I'd decided there were only 12lbs not 14lbs in a stone so I was thinking I'd reach a 2 stone loss this week but I'll have to aim for it for next week. My own fault that my maths went awry. The plus is that I'm under 300lbs, until Minis and MFP I didn't think about pounds but all the same 300lbs is a threshold number like 250/200/... (must stop getting carried away) so that's great to see.

I use a converter on my iPhone as I really only deal in kgs.. I would be lost with out it lol

Well done on being below 300lbs that must feel great!

I'm happy it was the right decision, they offered jacket potatoes which with a different filling would be great but I have a jacket potato with baked beans at home I don't need to have that when I'm out!

3lbs so I'm delighted thanks. I've really made an effort to be more active, not necessarily 'exercising' but just moving around more so hopefully that's helped. I actually walked up the stairs this morning and felt a bit out of breath which used to happen when I was heavier and thought I must have gained but I think I'd just been rushing around downstairs and not really thought about breathing as I climbed the stairs.

I was 350 when I first started, getting to 300 was huge for me and when I got under 300 It felt so good, so I know exactly how you feel! Well done hun! I'm sure you'll hit the 2stone loss next week!

Well didn't quite make the 2 stone loss this week as lost 1lb and need to do another. A bit of a disappointment really but it all counts. On the positive improvements from when I started Xenical 8 weeks ago: my belt is now 3 notches higher, I pulled on a pair of size 24 trousers yesterday and wore them without a though, I have a defined waist which 13.5cm smaller than when I started (4cm lost off the hips).

I've been measuring my breakfast and lunch portions again but I know my evening portions are creeping up - last night there was enough for lunch today so I took lunch out of the pan before serving myself so I couldn't have more last night and less today. So evening portions need watching.

On Friday night I was out for dinner with work colleagues, we'd had to order in advance and I'd chosen the lowest fat veggie option of butternut squash, stilton and spinach risotto - not very low fat but a lot better than the other two dishes! I asked for it with a green salad which came dressed and included olives and then they also sent garlic dough balls and I confess I ate it all although I intended to resist the dough balls - they weren't even that nice. For pudding I ordered the sorbet and fresh fruit but they were out of that so I didn't choose anything else and drank some more water - no drinking extra calories for me!

This last week I've been good on the exercise front for 4 days on my feet all day for 2 of them and walking not standing for that time, but as I've written here for others I need to be doing more exercise than I used to not the same amount. So I've had my 30 day shred DVD out this morning after it's sat unopened for a couple of weeks - I was puffing half way through the warm-up! and need a bra equivalent for my belly which is now loose & floppy rather than solid fat, plus I need to stick the DVD on the laptop as I don't have enough space by the TV to do the exercises. I bought the Beck book Bunny recommended a few weeks ago and have carefully carried that around with me without reading it so I also need to open that. Yes I'm good at going through the motions of ownership and assuming that will be sufficient.

Dr WI this afternoon, this will be the last time I can get away with linen trousers (before it gets too cold and they completely fall down) but I want to wear the same pair as originally so I can't blame being in jeans for reducing my loss.

All sounds really positive, well done on losing 13.5 cms from your waist and the 4cms from your hips, that's great.

Good luck for the WI this afternoon. I have mine too.

Back