a new starter....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by stilltoowide, 30 July 2007 Social URL.

1. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Hi Guys,

After losing a large amount on CD last year, I have toyed on and off with it since jan, I am now 2 stone heavier than my lightest weight - but still MASSIVELY lighter than when I began CD - but now the time has come for me to try a different approach.

I have done SW many moons ago - but found it hard to last more than 6-12 weeks - I think this was more down to the fact I had a lot of weight to shift and was too impatient (prob why CD did work!) BUT now I really want to address my (still) very un healthy eating habits and hopefully shift the 2 stone I have gained (maybe shift an additional 14-21lbs as well!)

I am going to my class tomorrow at 7pm for official weigh in but have got the new book (from last time in jan!!) so have started today - will update and let you know how I am doing...

STW xx

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Hiya good luck with SW hope it works for you this time.:)

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi STW,

Well done for starting today and best of luck with your SW diet journey.

Love Mini xxx

5. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Thanks you guys, well day one nearly over and so far so good.....
    SonBan you have lost a lot of weight in a short time - well done!!!

Mini likes this.
  6. foodfairy

foodfairy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.59%)
    Diet:
    none in particular
    hiya, welcome back and good luck for tonight ;)

Mini likes this.
  7. Judy

Judy Full Member

hi i also have started back with sw after doing this and cd back and forth, i started today properly and have been 100%
    started with my weetabix, then had a ham salad for dinner and made a turkey mince meatloaf for tea and had that with salad too.
    now having some banana's with fromage frais its great with some splenda in, just like a plain yougart then.

Mini likes this.
  8. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Welcome back to SW Stilltoowide :cool:

Mini likes this.
  9. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    hi guYS,

Well I went last nigt - kinda scarpered in and scarpered out - had my little girl with me, but planning to stay next week - When I have done SW before I really haven't stayed to many meetings (some of this due to anxiety issues) but definatley going to try next week- so day 3 today and still on track - had scrambled eggs and bacon for brekkie today.....

Thanks to everyone who has popped in to say hi - and good luck for all of you today!!

Mini and sonban like this.
  10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Your breakfast sounds yummy! :D

Mini likes this.
  11. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    hey dq,

brekkie was loverly.. but lunch was really good too - chopped up crabsticks, cucumber and tomato, plenty of vinegar - all in one bowl - was delish!!

DQ - u used to do cd? How have you found the mental side of this diet, ie the "slower" losses? Did it take you a while to adapt - or have you started this with a competley different mindset?

12. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Unfortunately I had no choice but to stop doing CD - I hurt my back, and am on a range of tablets that mean my Dr said I had to come off of CD.

I was very upset originally, but am determined to put 110% into SW and do the best I can. If I can lose weight then great, but maintaining even at the size that I am is an achievement.

So I guess the small losses don't get me (too) down :rolleyes: because it's simply nice to see the scales going down again after such a traumatic year.

I actually lost 45 lbs doing CD earlier in the year, then did my back in and started suffering from water retention, etc. :cry:

Sorry for long-winded post - basically, promised myself that doing something is better than doing nothing and I'll take what I can get!! :p

13. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Hi,

Good for you DQ, hopefully we help encourage each other - are you enjoying SW? Do you intend to bounce back to CD if and when you are off the tablets, I am SO hoping that I will be patient as I really feel that SW will help address my eating issues.

Have a good day

14. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I am enjoying doing SW but am keeping my options open. I have been reading about the unit diet a lot lately. It looks like my back is a long-term thing so going back to CD may not be an option :(

15. Judy

Judy Full Member

DQ can i just say ur pic is lovely so natural and u look so happy!
    now im curious whats the unit diet lol
    anything to do with dieting im so nosey incase its better than this one, i do love sw though as u can eat so much and u dont have to be hungry.

16. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Check out the Unit Diary subforum - Midnight Sparkles is doing really well and it is taking off!! :cool:

And thank you - it's actually a photo of me I like! :p

17. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Hey DQ,

All diets need time - I think we all need to find one that suits us best life-styles etc - Give slimming world some time I am sure it will work for us!! - I have posted on your other thread.

Chin up!!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Thanks Stilltoowide, I keep reminding myself I am in this for the long haul, and if CD is not an option then I will just have to try another way. :thankyou:

20. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Hi all - well day 6 today and all is well - enjoying the sunshine - looking forward to seeing a loss (hopefully!!!) on mon/tues.

21. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Good luck for weighin keep us informed.:D

22. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Good luck mate - hope you get a good result :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.