a New Years day insult !!

fillymum

synful soul
Yesterday at work at my antiques unit the owner of the place came round for the months rent.

I paid him and jokingly said " Look Julian, that is all I have left for food " His answer..............

" You are fat, you will survive without food "

I was a bit shocked because I know it is not true. I am not stick thin but I am certainly not fat either.

I just put it down to the massive hangover he had after his New Years Eve celebrations and forgive him because he is just an ignorant prat and knows no better.

How rude of him! he needs a good kick in the shins!

Heavens above, that's awful. I'd be crushed! Is there any chance that something was lost in the translation and he didn't mean it as he said it or am I clutching at straws here?!

Thats just plain rude! Have a good think about what you can say next time you speak to him to bring him down a peg or two.

He probably wouldn't have said it if he REALLY thought you were fat. It was probably just a throw away remark that he thought was amusing.
It still would have upset me though, men are really stupid sometimes!

I would have told him to take his face for a sh*t!

what an absoloute arsehole! am so glad you know that it isnt true, as a comment like that could really hit you hard if you wern't so self assured.

lots of loves for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would have put an extra £5 in his hand and said "Here, go and buy some manners you ****" ( insert your favourite dirty name here )...

He probably wouldn't have said it if he REALLY thought you were fat. It was probably just a throw away remark that he thought was amusing.

I totally agree, why do men think they are funny when they make comments like this?

Back in the summer I took my children away on holiday for a week with couple friends. My little girl wanted to go on the little train that went around a golf course. We sat at the back and the carriage came away from the main train! I was so embaressed but to make it worse this old bloke came over and said not once but three times (it was obviously so amusing he had to keep repeating it 'its cos all the weight is at the back' while looking at me, grrrrrrrrrrrrr! I didn't laugh back and to be honest wanted to cry and punch him at the same time.

Was feeling so bad about myself at the time anyway really didn't need it!:(

omg sue! have a hug hun (((((((((((sue)))))))).
how awful and extremely rude.....you and i both know hes a complete twat but i bet that didnt stop it hurting,id be crushed if someone said that to me after all my hard work.
you have done amazingly well and dont you forget it or let some arsehole rob you of that well deserved good feeling.

Heavens above, that's awful. I'd be crushed! Is there any chance that something was lost in the translation and he didn't mean it as he said it or am I clutching at straws here?!

No nothing lost in translation !!!

and this one is more stupid than most.

I totally agree, why do men think they are funny when they make comments like this?

Back in the summer I took my children away on holiday for a week with couple friends. My little girl wanted to go on the little train that went around a golf course. We sat at the back and the carriage came away from the main train! I was so embaressed but to make it worse this old bloke came over and said not once but three times (it was obviously so amusing he had to keep repeating it 'its cos all the weight is at the back' while looking at me, grrrrrrrrrrrrr! I didn't laugh back and to be honest wanted to cry and punch him at the same time.

Was feeling so bad about myself at the time anyway really didn't need it!:(

That is just awful and especially when I look at your stats and see your start weight is lighter than most peoples target !! You must look lovely.

Just to say thank you to you all for your comments. I agree with you all he is all the names you have called and then some.

I saw him before 8 this morning. I took him to one side and said to him " I am not fat and if I was it would have been a cruel and thoughtless thing to say " He was most apologetic. Hopefully it will make him think twice before he makes a personal remark to someone again.

What a good job I have your back up and a place that makes me feel good about myself.

I would like to have said something along the lines of "Some people can be very insensitive can't they?". But knowing me I would of laughed and said "Oi ya cheeky git".

Well done Sue on confronting him . I doubt he will make the same mistake twice! I really admire you for doing that as I wouldn't of had the confidence to do it but so glad you did! What a thought less person.

Thank you for your comments about my earlier post. Tbh I was heavier then than when I started SW in Sept but still lol! :)

i was on facebook last week and 2 male ex-colleagues, in their 40's, were online posting music. i've always had really good banter with them both and one had noticed i was online. i got a chat message saying "watch out fat karen's online. she'll probably start giving us grief about our music" i sat and stared at it and started crying....it was such a shock

when i asked why he'd written that he tried to weasle out of it saying he was drunk and it was a typo! so i cut and paste it to the other guy saying i think this is meant for you!

anyway i went offline and he sent me a message fessing up and apologising ALOT! i forgave him but i made him feel terrible first.

it wasn't the fact the he'd referred to me as fat, because i am! it was the fact that i've never said a bad word to him and had alot of respect for him and he'd be the last person i'd have thought would do that kind of thing!

I'm glad you confronted him on the matter Sue - what an insensitive git! To be honest, if he'd said it to me, he'd have probably been hobbling down the road with a little bit less flesh than he had when he arrived, if you get my drift ;)

Why anybody feels the need to comment on somebody else's size (big or small!) is beyond me! :sigh: xxx

i was on facebook last week and 2 male ex-colleagues, in their 40's, were online posting music. i've always had really good banter with them both and one had noticed i was online. i got a chat message saying "watch out fat karen's online. she'll probably start giving us grief about our music" i sat and stared at it and started crying....it was such a shock

when i asked why he'd written that he tried to weasle out of it saying he was drunk and it was a typo! so i cut and paste it to the other guy saying i think this is meant for you!

anyway i went offline and he sent me a message fessing up and apologising ALOT! i forgave him but i made him feel terrible first.

it wasn't the fact the he'd referred to me as fat, because i am! it was the fact that i've never said a bad word to him and had alot of respect for him and he'd be the last person i'd have thought would do that kind of thing!

That must have been so hurtful and such a shock to you. I feel for you. At least the guy who was rude to me means less than nothing in my life but this is someone you looked upon as a friend.

I want to hit him !!!! I feel hurt for you.

hugs xxxxx

Back