A note about Coke Zero

Pinksparklybirdy

Hiya

Was just talking to S&S via Live Chat, and they advised me that I should only be having 500ml Coke Zero a day, maximum.

I'd been having 2 cans, which is 660ml and therefore too much.

Just thought I'd let you all know in case anyone else has fallen into the same trap.

What happens if you drink more than that?

I think it can kick you out of Ketosis.

Aaaah right thank you

I drink at least 6 a day plus my water ive never had a prob!! how can they kick you out of ketosis?

I think its the acid in them.... I'm not totally sure. I have to say, I was seriously wondering if the extra 160ml in 2 cans worth would really cause that much of a problem.

One thing I would say though is that there's no mention (that I can see) on the S&S site about only 500ml being allowed, unless I am missing something... which is a bit naughty!

I think maybe they advise only 500ml a day because they'd rather you drink plenty of water rather than diet sodas? Because if we're allowed 500ml a day then it obviously doesn't affect the diet itself or ketosis, but most VLCD's need a large water intake & maybe their advising only 500ml a day so you at least get 2+ litres of water a day rather than only consuming coke zero all day & no water.. This is just a guess though!

Those are the guidelines.some people will find it knocks them out

Saying that I've not had any issue with drinking more

If its the choice between falling off or glugging Dr pepper zero Il take the latter!!

Thanks all - I think I'll have my 2 cans a day and that will be it - I find it so hard getting fluid into me that 660ml Coke really helps!

There are lots of things that 'might' knock you out of ketosis, but then again they might not. I drink probably close to 5 litres of sugar free squash every day, and a can of sugar free red bull every morning, and never had a problem. But everyone's different.

This is good to know as i struggle with plain water and cant stand the water flavourings so i shall get some coke zeros in at the ready

I remember reading someone say the limit was because drinking too much can trigger cravings in some people, not that it can knock you out of ketosis, especially since it doesn't contain citric acid. But if it can knock some people out I think they should mention this on the website.

I only drink coke zero on the weekend (last weekend I had dr pepper zero). I drink a 2L bottle spread over Sat, Sun and Mon then Tuesday - Friday I only drink water.

Pinksparklybirdy said:
I think its the acid in them.... I'm not totally sure. I have to say, I was seriously wondering if the extra 160ml in 2 cans worth would really cause that much of a problem.

One thing I would say though is that there's no mention (that I can see) on the S&S site about only 500ml being allowed, unless I am missing something... which is a bit naughty!

They don't have citric acid so won't knock you out of ketosis

ive been know to drink 2l of coke zero a day and its never caused me any probs

I think I remember someone saying its because it may kick off cravings with some people. But as most other peole have said, I find that it keeps me sane!

Me too it beats eating!!

Back