A Nut Crunch bar that actually did!!!!

Sez

has started again!!
I have a Nut Crunch every day, as (weird I know) I actually like them!! I cannot stand the other LL bars as they make me gag big time.

I would never have named it a Nut Crunch as it is a total misnomer; more like a Nut Chew&chew&chew&chew!!!! LOL

However, for my lunch today I opened a bar and it really is crunchy!! Dates are always good on these bars, and no idea why the difference, but its really good!

Any thoughts?? (How small & sad my world of eating has become, to obsess over a bar.......)

xxx

I know what you mean Sez, I think they have changed the recipe lately as I have noticed that my new batch , seems .... nutier! You can actaully see the nuts and it s more kinda curmbly too and tastes less cardboardy. Now I have always preferred this bar because it lasts ages you just cant gobble one of these fellas up fast and I need a coffee with it to get it down but they really fill me up. Many in mu goup hate them with a vengence , but when i mentioned I thought they were crunchier and told them about half a pack of banana made into a custard with hot water and then half a nut bar crumbled on the top(mmmmh!) they were all after them!
BTW I am definately definately an EX FAT PERSON after my telling off LOL!

Love carole

MMMM Banana custard - must try!

I know what you mean too.

I think Heaven is right as I have noticed recently that they have what look like proper nuts and they seem bigger. I tend to microwave some of it so it goes crunchy, but they have been tending not to crunch up more.

My group are also eating more of these, I think our tastes have changed as to begin with we all thought they were not that great.

I too think they are great with cuturd or as a cheescake thingy frozen with different layers of shakes on top.

I think we are probably all going mad as I am really going to miss some of the packs and making the crisps and biscuits with the other bars when I am in management.

I know what you mean Sez, I think they have changed the recipe lately as I have noticed that my new batch , seems .... nutier! You can actaully see the nuts and it s more kinda curmbly too and tastes less cardboardy. Now I have always preferred this bar because it lasts ages you just cant gobble one of these fellas up fast and I need a coffee with it to get it down but they really fill me up. Many in mu goup hate them with a vengence , but when i mentioned I thought they were crunchier and told them about half a pack of banana made into a custard with hot water and then half a nut bar crumbled on the top(mmmmh!) they were all after them!
BTW I am definately definately an EX FAT PERSON after my telling off LOL!

Love carole

Not a real telling off!! Just to make you appreciate yourself and what you can and have done!! Dont be too mad with me!!

xx

I too have taken a recent liking to the old carpet bar. And I've definitely noticed the odd one tasting so much better than others - much crunchier and tastier!
I have not tried the fruit bar at all - does it actually have fruit in it? Or is it just a flavour thing like the lemon and the toffee? Cant believe that after 14 weeks I'm asking a question about the packs!!
:D

I had one yesterday and I thought it was much crunchier- also noticed a couple of sweeter bits in it? Not through the whole bar, but a bit like getting a little bit of salt when you eat a digestive. I love them cos it takes a litre of water to get them down and I feel full for ages- after toffee or lemon I usually feel hungry!

I love the nut bar and have about 3 a week but I have them toasted with a dot of salt on - gorgeous.

Tiger - I've not had a fruit bar for about 6 weeks, didn't like them as they smelt a bit sour milky/yoghurty --- from what I remember they didn't have any fruit in them.

Cath

I haven't tried one bar in 16 weeks since I started! I was afraid that it might affect my weight loss but now I am curious!

Now that I am close to my target weight, I might try the Nut Crunch!!

Yeah not a sniff of fruit been anywhere near the fruit bar , dont know why its called that really. They make me , hungry too! Just cant trust myself with them only the nut bar lives for more than a day in my cupboard. I usually treat myself to a toffe bar and nibble it on the way home from W I. I try to make last the whole 14 mile journey but never get past half way. (I know its probally illegal to nibble and drive but I am very carefull honest and only do it at red lights etc!)

Hi I like the nut bars to I have them at work while all the others have there fry ups:eat: They last a long time because they take some chewing and glugging of water to swallow them I only 1 bar a day and that's only when I'm work don't have them on my days off

I'm wondering if I shouldnt have one every day then, after all your comments? I would really miss my daily chew, tho, I seem to have forgotten what my teeth are for!

Mind you, I havent noticed any major loss issues. There has been one week with a poor loss because of constipation and another because of my binge but thats all....

Do they actually affect loss then? Might I be size 12 by now if I didnt have them???!!! LOL

Hi Sez, I have a bar every day for lunch, It used to be the lemon & toffee bars, but now I have a nut crunch.
On my very first day at class, we tried the nut crunch & it was disgusting, just like cardboard.
Now I love it, it is absolutely dreamy with the banana custard, so maybe the consistency has changed.
If I have a lemon bar I usually make it into the biscuits, because you feel like your getting more.
I have had bars from week 2 & I don't think it has affected my weight loss, I'm always the biggest loser in the class every week.

I couldn't possibly imagine doing lighter life without my daily fix of a bar. I agree the nut crunch is the most filling but toffee bars made into biscuits are just divine. I really don't think they affect weight loss either because I've had good losses and not so good losses all the while eating them.

I've never tried the toffee made into biscuits - have to give that a go this week.

Cath

Hi Sarah!
I've had a couple before now that were crunchier as they seemed to be burnt!

Cath, all the biscuits are lovely and they are espcially nice if you mix up some of your fav shake into a thick mousse like consistancy and coat the biscuits with some. Have really got into thick choc/bananna at the mo which I am slightly worried about.

Pixie, you may be right, they do have a burnt lood about them on one side. But I love them cooked in the microwave so they do get crunchier
xx

Back