A Pattern Is Emerging

DaveP

It goes like this

Have a good week Get complacent
Have a bad week Get Angry

Have a good week Get complacent
Have a bad week Get Angry

and so on........... does anyone else find this?

So far ive been

13lbs -Starter
4lbs - Good week
1lb - Bad Week
7lb - Good week
1lb - Bad Week

absolutely dave
spot on

my pattern isnt weekly to be honest but i do bounce between complacency and despair/anger

have also found that as i havent been able to weigh in for three weeks - i have not felt accountable and so my NEED to be good and deliver results hasnt been there - a voice in my head kept saying 'oh go on eat that - yous tlll have six days before you get weighed and can make it right before then' - - of course now my weigh in is tomorrow and i have no time to 'make it right' at all

oh well
must face the consequences

I also had a strange pattern of weight loss which followed a similar pattern to yours...

1 week above average weight loss (I'm a lady so 5lbs is above average)
1 week below average weight loss (something like 1.5 - 2lbs)

When your losses are not consistent it is easy to get caught up in the emotional rollercoaster of disappointment and elation. My best advice is that in the long run only you know if you are doing anything different on the lower weightloss weeks. If you genuinely are doing nothing different (I know I wasn't) then for your own sanity it is better to accept the pattern that your body has settled into and try not to react emotionally to the number on the scale.
Afterall, the number on the scale is only part of the picture, there are your body measurements to take into consideration, your general wellbeing (I felt great on the programme) and also you will soon start to notice a change in your fitness levels and stamina.
I know in the early stages you rely heavily on the number on the scale to reassure you that the programme is working. On the weeks where your inital reaction is disappointment, ask your LLC to do measurements - you may find that the inch loss fairy has been to visit instead!

Take care and chin up
Every day that passes you are closer to your goal
Love Laura

It seems quite common to 'leapfrog' each week. If I have a poor week, then next week I have a big loss - even though I've done nothing different. My theory is that perhaps we lose weight on something like a 10-11 day cycle, which is why it shows up as bad week/good week over 7 days?

Yeh thats true. First the first time since I've been on the diet I actually noticed it. I had just got back from my weigh in all disappointed and angry and seeing as only my partner and I live in my flat I walked to the bathroom nakie and out the corner of my eye caught myself in the full length mirror and I actually stopped and turned.

It is the first time that I am noticing the weight loss. I have been glaring in the mirror so pissed off that ive lost 2 stone and dont notice it. But last night I noticed the belly doesnt overhang as much and that the fat roll between my belly and chest is gone and the crease i had where the back fat meets the hips is gone.

It put a smile on my face and made me realsie that though I had only lost 1lb I had obviously lost more than that as all 3 were there last week. Receeding but still there. So even though I cheated and only lost 1lb in fact I probably lost more fat than I thought.

I was really down after losing one 1lb at my weigh first week - although I had lost 7lb in my stop in 3 days before (8 for the week) I think the bars are effecting my loss. As its the only thing im doing diffrent.

Also yesterday i didnt drink my water as was running about and today i have gained! Or so the scale's tell me.

im going to pop in and swap my bars only have 3 a week.

Yep thats it then I think i'll swap and limit myself to 2 a week as a reward.

I cant belive im calling the woodchip bar a reward! not that i should reward myself with food.....

Peanut x

Back