A Piece of Fruit

fitnan

calories,Well the spring is beginning lift its head above the covers and if you are anything like me you eat more fruit for snacks and dessert in the spring and summer than you do in the autumn and winter.
If that is the case for you then you might like to have an idea of how many calories there are in many of our favourites.
· A medium apple contains 53 kcals.
· An Avocado on the other hand contains 275 kcals. So go easy there.
· A medium sized banana comes in at 143 kcals.
· A handful of grapes (about 50g) will be just 30 kcals.
· A kiwi fruit is a measly 14 kcals
· A slice of melon contains around wait for it........... an unbelievable 7 kcals.
· A medium sized orange will give you 59 kcal.
· An average pear will be 68 kcals
· A juicy Satsuma a mere 25 kcals.
· A peach weighs in at 36 kcals................. and lastly..........................
· A 100g serving of cherries will provide 51 calories.

So just think about it healthy fruit salad made from,
1 Apple 100g Grapes 2 slices Melon 1 Orange 1 Pear 1 med Banana and 50g Strawberries will be around 411 kcals. That’s enough for 7 or 8 people and only between 50kcals. and 58 kcals. per person compared to 420 kcals for a Banana Split, or 210 kcals for a Crème Brulee, 200 kcals for a serving of Apple Pie, 150 kcals for a portion of Strawberry Trifle or 320 for a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie. Quite a difference I’m sure you will agree.
Of course apart from the calorie count our bowl of fruit salad is much lower in fat and if we leave the skins on our apple, pear, and grapes we’ve got far more fibre which helps us to feel full and aids our digestive system. Try looking out for the sweeter varieties of apple and oranges as that will help with cravings for something sweet.

wow thanks for that info, its very useful for the fruit lovers out there!
Cant believe there is 143 cals in 1 banana, i thought there was only like 30 lol!
Not seen u around b4 fitnan... so if ur new to the CC forum....
WELCOME!! hope 2 hear more from u! x

Mmm I want some juicy fruit now but I'm still too full from my tea.

Can't believe that about kiwi fruit, they are lush too! Gonna stock up on those...

really great post thankyou.. definately offers some great ideas!

nic x

7 calories in a slice of lemon? I know what I'm going to be stocking up on :D

Back