A pink thread for westiegirl

IreneH

Gold Member
It is hard to believe that it is nearly a year since westiegirl (Sarah) died after suffering from cancer for a short time.

She was a much loved member of Minimins and we miss her very much. She was always there when you needed a hug or a bit of encouragement.

Her anniversary is on Tuesday 17 May and we thought we would like to celebrate her life and show how much she meant to us.

She loved the colour pink and so we will have a pink day on Tuesday in honour of Sarah.

If you have a picture of Sarah we would love to see them on Sarah's Day.

I arrived on the forums just before she passed away so did not know her, but the outpouring of love for her on here at the time was incredibly moving, and it was clear that her loss was devastating to the forum members who knew her well.

RIP Sarah - you will not be forgotten.

I arrived in September 2010 so never knew Sarah. I did run into her thread and it was obvious that she meant an awful lot to many, many people and that's a good indicator of what kind of a person she was.

I hope all who knew and loved her take some comfort from the fact that a year on she is going to be so fondly remembered

RIP Sarah and hugs to all who knew, love her and miss her

It is hard to believe that it is nearly a year since westiegirl (Sarah) died after suffering from cancer for a short time.

She was a much loved member of Minimins and we miss her very much. She was always there when you needed a hug or a bit of encouragement.

Her anniversary is on Tuesday 17 May and we thought we would like to celebrate her life and show how much she meant to us.

She loved the colour pink and so we will have a pink day on Tuesday in honour of Sarah.

If you have a picture of Sarah we would love to see them on Sarah's Day.

Hi Irene :hug99:

What a lovely idea. I've also changed my profile piccy on fb in memory of our darling Sarah. Much love to you xxx

Lacey

I dont have a photo of me and Sarah, I do wish I did, but we talked often about my wee bug and she knew how much I loved it. We always promised to go out in it when she came to stay, sadly that never happened so the pink bug is for you Sarah xx

Last edited:
I can`t believe it`s been a year already!

I didn`t know Sarah amazingly well, But we had spoken on here and I was very sad about her passing :(

I`ve changed my prof pic on here & Facebook to the one I had for her when she died.

*cwtch* Cariad Xx

I remember the first time I met Sarah. It was way back in April 2006 in the Pitcher and Piano in Newcastle. We were having a meet and she had travelled down from Edinburgh. She was on LighterLife then and stuck to it perfectly.

And then many other meets followed.

Irene xx

Such a lovely idea Irene, I didn't get a photo taken with Sarah when we met in Liverpool and I regret the fact that I hate having my photo taken because I have such lovely memories of that weekend. xxx

I can't believe that a year has passed. I remember Sarah, though unfortunately I didn't know her as well as some of you. But I remember what a truly amazing, supportive and inspirational woman that she was.

In the past year my mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer and thinking of Sarah and how she was so quickly taken away has made me realise how truly lucky I am to, 7 months later, still have my mum here. She may not be ok just yet, but she's getting there and at least she's still here.

It's nice to know that a year on there are still so many people who remember Sarah. It shows the impact that she had on so many people's lives. She may have been taken away too soon, but every moment of her life mattered and she made a difference in lots of people's lives.

I too was one who didnt really know Sarah, but knew what a wonderful amazing lady she was, and what a lovely friend to so many on here she was.
I have been thinking of her today, but mostly thinking of my friends on here who are sad.
Hugs. xxx

Irene thank you for this thread in memory of Sarah.

It is very difficult to believe our beautiful Sarah is no longer with us but she is always here in spirit as I still come across one or two old post of hers every now and then where Sarah is there just like always giving support, sharing her weight loss journey and making others feel good about themselves.

Sarah will remain in our hearts forever young!

Missing you so much Sarah:hug99:

Originally Posted by flirty40greeneyes
DSC06488.JPG

Not sure how well you can see the people - but here goes ....
Isobel in front in grey dress, with Mandyb2 next to her, Summersky next to Mandy, Westiegirl/Sarah next, Debz looking away from the camera and talking to nce1, Mini in red jacket, Cah ching, myself (and Phil!!) cazmaz-irl, kati, Irene, FFnF (in red), Isis, Pierce and Hopefilly behind Isobel.

For Westiegirl

I was so sad when I returned here after being away since April last year and finding out what happened - she was one of the people I was hoping would say 'hiya' when I returned...little did I know.

When I was on my first journey, Sarah was always there, always encouraging and laughing - along with AmandaJayne - happy times on the Minis board.

So I'll raise a glass of pre-prepared chemical milkshake to you tonight and wish you were still with us.

I cant believe Sarah has died. I used to come on here a few years ago and loved reading her diaries, she was great fun and always had time for you. I was looking for her diaries to catch up and found this,she is in my thoughts and its so great to read so many tributes to her, she was an amazing woman.

RIP Sarah xxx

Miss her so very much - so many fantastic memories though... thank you Sarah for making my life so much happier for all the time I was blessed to have you in it.. love you xxxx

Attachments

• westiegirl and FatFairNForty(ish).JPG
    westiegirl and FatFairNForty(ish).JPG
    315 KB · Views: 115
  • Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0069.JPG
    DSCF0069.JPG