A positive post

snow_white78

Ok, so there seems to be lots of us struggling to get back on track (me included) - and people seem to be beating themselves up - lets have a positive post about how we are going to reward ourselves and how we are going to look after and love ourselves this year..

I am going to put a £2 in a jar for every lb i lose this year (and put 22 pounds in from last year aswell) and spend it all on MEEEE at the end!!
I am going to use lovely toiletries (got enough for xmas lol) and have lovely long baths and smother myself in gorgeous smelling stuff
I am going to wear nice underwear and nice clothes everyday (except if slobbing in house of course - when it will be nice pjs and slippers)

What is everyone else going to do to love themselves?

:D With over 100lb to lose, I'm going to pinch your idea of putting £2 in a jar for every pound lost.

I can't remember where I saw the suggestion, but it was using a personal shopper at Debenhams which apparently is free and you don't have to buy anything. I could combine my £2 jar with a personal shopper and have a GREAT day out.

Thank you for the idea.

I'm going to be more positive about everything - try to see the good in things. This should improve my mental health.

For evry 7lbs lost I will buy myself some new clothes - nice clothes not just everyday stuff or maybe some sexy underwear.

I'm going to look after myself better inside and out.

I'm going to be more organised in respect of my household chores so I have more quality time to spend with my children as a family.

I'm going to lose 3 stone by the end of June.

I can do this. I am worth trying.

I'm going

I am going to lose this weight once and for all.
I am going to take care of myself both inside and out.
I am going to buy myself some new clothes and stop walking around looking like a tramp because I think "I'm fat anyway so what does it matter what I wear".
I am going to buy some new underwear, get my hair done and be the sexy woman that I am.

I am going to be under 10 stones by my hubby's 30th birthday in June and look absolutely stunning at his party!

I am going to do at least 3 hours of exercise a week.

wonder if i can get the OH to give me a pound for a pound :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
that would be a joke

like the idea for doing £2 for a pound ...but wont tell him HA HA

Hi
A brilliant topic.:)
Mine:
To walk at least 3 lunchtimes per week for 20mins - briskly - then when the lighter night comes I can do add an hour twice a week - therefore exercising Mon - Fri.
To be more organised in the house, do paperwork weekly, do a big online shop every 2 weeks and then I only have to run into Asda for bread, milk, fruit and veg etc.
Lose a further stone by 5th April - by which time I will have been going to SW for 2 years and then maintain forever..........
Thats it.
Irene:)

I will meet my 2.5 mile a walk day target

I Will do those exercise DVD's i have just bought from Wilkinsons for £2.99(even if they are with people like tiffany from eastenders and random people I cant even remember ever being in soaps but they claim they were!) and I will do them at least 3 times a week on top of my walking plus I will try to do them for at least 15 minutes every day no matter what as its better than nothing!

for every 1lb I lose I will match it with a £1 coin in a jar which wont be broken into till I have got to 11 stone whatever I buy will probably involve the beauty counters in Selfridges or Harvey Nicks but will deffo be 100% for me and me only

I will also treat myself monthly to some soap & glory goodies or a trip to bodyshop or lush but only if I have met my walking target

Oh and I will go to the rosemary connelly classes not to get weighed or follow their diet but to get some exercise and to support my mate who has joined so im going to be an exercise demon in 2009!

Last edited:
I really like that idea... £2 a pound. I think I'll do that too. I reckon then, by the time I've saved up enough to buy a new pair of jeans, I'll have lost enough weight to be in the next size down! :D

I want to be at my target weight by my birthday in July... and that's totally do-able. I owe it to myself (and my knees!) to not let myself down!

well i have a wedding to go to on 6 june and mama mia in london with my mum on 17th july so want to be trez sexy by then lol

Well I've still got a lot to lose. (7 and a half stone - ish). But.. I will be at target, or as near as dammit by my hubby's 40th birthday on 20th December '09.

I'm going to organise him a surprise party with his family all coming too from Plymouth, Scotland and various places in between. None of them have seen me slim.. so although it will be his 40th, I want to shock the pants off everyone by wearing that little black dress that i've never had, and for him to be proud of his wife :D (selfish bugger that I am LOL)

I just told by ex-husband about me putting £2 per pound I lose in a jar.

He said 'I've got a brilliant idea'. I thought brilliant, he's going to match it :). Then he told me his bright idea - knicking an empty barrel from the local pub as with the amount of weight I have to lose a jar wouldn't be big enough. That reminds me why he is the ex-husband!!:8855:

Men can be such charmers.....

OMG your ex is soooo mean!

Good idea Snow White - I am a bit fed up and lack motivation right now, so will go away and have a think about the stuff I can do.
I do like the idea of the £2 per pound thing.

lol I got my revenge. For financial reasons my ex-husband, our 10 year old son and I all live under the same roof. much (Fortunately he works nights and doesn't have much time off!)

I cooked a roast today and some of the meat was a bit gristly. Guess whose plate that ended up on :)

I have found a big rose coloured flower vase. I've decorated it with ribbons and it has pride of place on a table in front of the window.

I've already started pricing up health spa short breaks for when I reach target.

Ha ha serves him right!
I was just telling my OH about Snow White's £2 for 1pound and he says he'll pay it for me!

I did something a little like this at work with my manager. She goes to WW so from Sept we had a Christmas Challenge, who could lose the most by Christmas and we put £2 a week each in, and the winner (me - yay!) got the £64! I've saved it and will be having a spa day soon with my winnings!

From Monday, we're starting a Valentine's Day challenge with the same £2 per week. Maybe I should let her win this time or she may sack me....?!

Great idea, (the £2) also I thought I'd put the equivalent weight in cans in a bag so that if I get discouraged, I can lift up the bag and see how much I've lost.

Back