A pound of fat.. (food mentioned)

Enough

Gold Member
My CDC showed me a pound of fat..

YUCK!!! It's big a blobby.. the size and weight of a large grapefruit...

So, I've just been looking online at a pound of fat.. it's about 450 grams (just over).. and when you search sainsburys online for food that weights the same as a pound.. it's..

-a large box of cornflakes/rice krispies/
-a large rump steak
-four cod fillets in breadcrumbs
-2 gammon steaks
-a family pot of yogurt
-3 cornish pasties
-a whole packet of bacon
-a family size cheesecake

I had NO IDEA that 1POUND is the weight of any of these items..

That's HUGE!!

I "ONLY" lost 1 pound this week.. but now I have it more in proportion... it's a HUGE amount.. if you have any of these items in the house.. don't eat them.. hold them against your body and see how much you have lost each time you have lost a pound!!! :D

Vxxx

Puts it into perspective doesn't it?

Hi V,

OOOH, just what I needed! I was all down in the dumps as I only lost a 1lb last night (on week three) and posted on here saying I was upset/disappointed and all the lovely ladies posted and cheered me up. I ran to the freezer and got out some cod in bredcrumbs and held it against me (brr, cold!) and now am much happier and looking forward to my WI next week.

Well done you for losing a pound :)

x

Two packs of butter or a large tub of lard....a jar of jam....half a bag of sugar....its a LOT, a lb of fat!

I posted this a few weeks ago...and it really brought it home to me

I recently weighed my eldest son - and he weighs the same amount of weight as I wish to lose ... he is nearly 7..

It's amazing to watch him running around, thinking that I am carrying all that excess weight all over my body and how much better would I feel when it has all gone ??

I know it's going to take a while but for all the 1lbs that we all lose, it does get closer...

Tracy

In total, I need to lose almost what my entire husband weighs. Which is disgusting and disgraceful. :(

There is no way on EARTH I could lift him and carry him around all day!

In total, I need to lose almost what my entire husband weighs. Which is disgusting and disgraceful. :(

Hi Guru, please don't beat yourself up about it :) You have acknowledged the fact that you want to do something about your weight and are on this diet, you'll be slim before you know it xx

great post thanks xx

I know how you feel, I need to lose almost exactly half my start weight. When I think what I've done to my poor body I could kick myself.
But, I've started my journey to a slimmer and healthier me. So I've forgiven myself, and made a vow that I'll never slip back to my old binging ways.
I think the trick is not to dwell on the past & focus on the future and all the good things that can & will happen.

I lost 9 pasties this week :D definatly makes it seem more when comparing it to food etc!

How many gammon steaks have you lost in total? heehee :D

guys.. about the regrets of putting on so much weight in the first place.. once it's gone, it's gone.. there are people on this planet who are bigger than you ever got.. be kind to yourself.. and remember.. there are benefits to having once been larger.. for me..

I have really strong healthy legs for having carried so much weight so long :D

I'm loving and appreciating my new found health, but I'm not arrogant about it, and I have a healthy humility and understanding of how easy it is for anyone to get into comfort eating etc.. so I haven't turned into some body-fascist who stops seeing the value in people, and only sees their size/clothes.. It's easier to value people's strengths when you've been there yourself.

I've discovered that my body has the capacity to renew itself, and that helps me recognise that I have the capacity to renew my life in other areas too.. go new places, learn new things, feel freed up..

I wouldn't have any of these to this extent, if I hadn't had the weight in the first place..

Here's to CD! :D

Vxx

Last edited:
recently weighed my eldest son - and he weighs the same amount of weight as I wish to lose ... he is nearly 7..

It's amazing to watch him running around, thinking that I am carrying all that excess weight all over my body and how much better would I feel when it has all gone ??

You know what Tracy, that's a good point! I'm probably wanting to lose more than the combined weight of my three kids! Madness :D

had a little giggle at this post last night. slept on it and realised when i re-read it this morning that i lost 12 cornish pasties or 8 packs of butter. xoxox

http://www.mypetfat.com/thetools.asp

Was this what she had?

My CDC has it too, it's disgusting isn't it! It looks like 1lb of fat. It feels like 1lb of fat. It weighs 1lb. It's the size of 1lb of fat. And it made me realise, I'm happy with 1lb! If we lost it in a big blob like that, we'd notice a lot more! It's just the whole being from all over. But, it's a loss, and still a good one when you look at that!

Look at the 5lb one.... it's disgusting to think how many of those I've lost, and how many I still have to lose!

Last edited:
My old counsellor used to have a 5lb weight in the shape and consistency of fat. It was just a hard jelly but it was the same colour as fat, and had veins and blood in it and felt like actual fat. It was only 5lbs but you had to hold it in 2 hands it was huge and heavy. I still even now cant comprehend that I am carrying round roughly 25 of them. How I ever make it up stairs or into a chair without breaking it is beyond me.

http://www.mypetfat.com/thetools.asp

Was this what she had?

My CDC has it too, it's disgusting isn't it! It looks like 1lb of fat. It feels like 1lb of fat. It weighs 1lb. It's the size of 1lb of fat. And it made me realise, I'm happy with 1lb! If we lost it in a big blob like that, we'd notice a lot more! It's just the whole being from all over. But, it's a loss, and still a good one when you look at that!

Look at the 5lb one.... it's disgusting to think how many of those I've lost, and how many I still have to lose!

Add a 'p' onto the end of that link.

Whoops, I updated the post. Not sure what happened there, I just copied and pasted it! Silly me.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! the 5lb pet fat is horrific! and that was my weight loss for this week! as horrid as it is!- i want one!!
hahahahahah! at the same time i think its actually quite funny and i have a big grin on my face while im writing this!

i felt nessasary to forward to link on to all my freinds! bet they love me! thanks caroline!

xx

Yeh I want one too but not for $150!

Back