A problem with my boyfriend's nuts

ceebeee

Silver Member
I have a big problem with my boyfriend's nuts. You see, he loves peanuts. He buys them all the time, in big packs. My problem is that its hard. It's very hard. I can't help myself but to take a gulp of them. They really are my downfall. I've asked him not to buy them or to buy small packs for just himself or to hide them but he can't help but carry on. I'm not sure my new SW lifestyle can cope much longer with my boyfriend waving his nuts in my face.

What do you do when temptation raises its ugly head? How do you persuade your OH or families to stop dangling the tasty fat sticks of yum at you?

As light hearted as I hope this comes across, I need to find a way to get him to stop buying naughty treats which I don't really want, but can't resist.

Hahahaha loving the thread title. Given the honesty in other threads about toilet habits, TOTM, farting and being underwater getting oral from someone in a wheel chair, I have to say I jumped to conclusions about your post! Was having a flashback to the days when my OH read Viz. sorry, realise its about trying to resist temptation, all I can suggest is that you have something you can have in reserve for those moments. Not very helpful :)

Brill thread!

What I will say though, is that the issue with the nuts is yours - not his. Therefore, why should he have to stop buying or eating them? It's up to you to resist temptation, not him!

Try distraction techniques? Have some grapes or raspberries on hand for when he has his nuts? Sit on your hands? Sellotape your mouth? I know it's hard as my husband is the same and eats anything and everything and it is sooooo hard, but you do just have to overcome it as best you can.

Good luck with that! xx

I have a problem with hubbys bits lol bits of this n bits of the other and he can shove them in his cake hole and I want to do the same but I can't :sigh:
I try and distract myself as Mrs.S suggests sometimes leaving the room if necessary! I just try and ask when its something I find really hard to resist like nuts or bombay mix that he doesn't leave them lying around where I can just grab them!

I agree with everyone else, have other things on hand for when he's gets his nuts out, fruit and yogurt, or home made houmous with peppers and carrots to dip in it. Have your syns while he has his nuts maybe?

And constantly remind yourself why your following slimming world and that his treats aren't worth ruining that

Honestly if folk didn't know we were talking about SW they'd think they'd stumbled on some sort of readers wives forum! ;-)

Hehe, thanks for the responses. I know it's my problem really but I find it so hard to just take a teeny tiny handful of nuts, or a little slice of blue cheese or something else naughty and then don't put it in my food diary. I don't know why, I'm only lying to myself but all these little handfuls and slithers of this and that add up :(

This made me LOL. Thank you!

If he is waving his nuts in your face then just ignore them... you could taste something so much nicer!

you is naughty, second innundeo tonight - your hubby needs to do an mot on you me thinks ;)

Hahaha nah we are all good in that department ;)
i am just a cheeky girl ;) and like to make anything sound naughty lol xxxx

I don't know if it works for everyone, but the satisfaction I get from saying NO to myself makes me feel so proud!

It does not normally bother me when I know I can't eat what others are having - well - I do want my work colleagues' sandwiches all the time, but I still won't have them. lol

But if it bothered me like this at home I would try to train the boyfriend - bin the whole lot, refuse to spend time with him, refuse other bed activities, etc until he learns to hide them. By the way, I bet that if you kept bining them he would get possesive and start hiding/guarding them from you.

You have your life together so your problem is his problem - what would he do if you were allergic to them? Eat them because it's not a problem of his???

Good luck!

Back