A proper hello

Spinoza

Never give up
I've been faffing about changing very slowly from my VLCD to Atkins in order to lose about another 10 pounds.

Over the last 2-3 weeks I've been replacing my shakes half at a time, every few days, with a protein meal. Had my last shake :wave_cry: last night so from today I'm Atkins all the way!

Still keeping the carbs ultra-low as I'm petrified of putting anything back on, and so far I'm maintaining, which is brilliant. I think it's gonna take a while for my body to cope with more than the 450 calories a day I've been feeding it for the last couple of months, so I'm keeping an eye on calories too for now - I hope to let that go soon though - forever! :D Currently sitting at about 1000 calories a day and increasing that a little every day.

As you know, I've been reading and occasionally posting for a few weeks, to get my low carbing facts straight. So, thanks for all the pointers so far, and hello! :D

I hope it works for you, good luck and welcome then. :)

Welcome Water - you will love it here, people are brilliant, and always ready with helpful and supportive advice :)

I always need a daily (and sometimes 10-times daily) dose of Atkins wisdom :)

Susie

Hi and welcome. I've come from a VLCD too. Haven't lost but haven't gained either :) It does take a while for the body to adjust so we need to be patient. Not one of my virtues unfortunately lol.

Hello WW, even though we have met it's nice to be formally introduced, lol

welcome hope it all goes well for you personaly very glad i made the swap over from VCLD when i did weight still going off granted slower but body is used to food again

Thanks all. :) Lost 2bs at my weigh-in this morning. so my half-assed low carb changeover thing seems to be working at the minute!

7.gif
ooh, well done on the changeover, not easy! certainly the food on this plan is tasty, i don't feel deprived in the least.

Thanks all. I am so loving eating proper food again. Everything is so tasty, I'm not hungry, I can eat cheeeeeese - it's like living in neverland! :D

Back