A quest for the old happy Em

Hello,
I have come back. Starting over, It's quite depressing to see that I am heavier than when I started last year, but I am determined to start shifting the flab.
Well done on your weight loss, I know how hard it is and I really wish I had the drive to go do some excercise anytime soon, maybe.

Welcome back :) You're always far more determined than me and lose it at a really good pace. Good luck for being back on track today!

I've just got to my desk after going to the gym this morning :eek: Far too early for that sort of thing but I thought I'd avoid the new year's evening crowd. It was busier this morning than usual too but as the gym opens at 7am not that many people can be bothered so early, especially on a Monday. I was actually up at 5:15am as I had to take my brother and his girlfriend to the airport on my way to work - it meant I was at the gym 20 minutes before it opened and had to sit there waiting for the gates to open, very sad indeed! Lucky I didn't dose off really.

The scales were being extra nice and said I'd lost another pound this morning so hopefully that means I might have a good loss this week. I have some more gym sessions planned which should help.

I was totally on plan all weekend, made some butternut squash risotto which I now have for lunch and tea today....a little samey but my boyfriend said it looked like baby sick and although he did agree (under protest) to try a mouthful he wasn't going to eat any of it!

Ooh, just noticed I'm exactly at my halfway point (again!!). Lets hope this time I can keep it going in the right direction. It does depress me to think I still have 12.5lb to go to get back to where I was and then STILL 2 stone to lose after that but it's not going to fall off by itself....got to keep at it :)

Birthdays at work again....big tub of Celebrations and a big tin of chocolate covered biscuits sat on the table to tempt me. Not even going to have one as once I start I'll be off and picking at them all day.

Well done EmmyLou for the weight loss and for resisting temptation. if its any consolation When I jumped on the scales yesterday it looked like I hadn't lost anything! This morning they were a little kinder but not much more. Its WI at class tonight so I am dreading being the one who lost the least. x

Now there's another box of biccies as well as mince pies!! Is there no end to the temptations!?

I'm feeling really chuffed with myself that I've been totally on plan still and haven't touched any of the naughties.

I did have a bowl of the fat free supernoodles last night about half hour before bed which yes I could have done without but they are also syn free so I figured it was fine. Pickled onions are syn free too I think/hope as I popped some of them on top :)

No gym today but tomorrow and Friday are pencilled in. I'm going to wear my new gym stuff I bought on the weekend so hopefully my new cropped dri-fit nike things will be cooler than matalans seriously hot jogging bottoms/shiny gym trousers. I think they're meant for people to wear to lounge about in looking sporty as oposed to actually doing exercise in but when you're over a size 16 it's impossible to get workout gear. Lots of shops do a gym range in big sizes but funnily enough I'm not after leggings and a vest top at my size!!

In the end I did manage to find 2 adidas t-shirts and some nike trousers all at sale prices so even better. All a size 22!!! I'm a big 16 right now. I wonder if they do that to make you feel all fat so you'll exercise more. A size different I can understand as lots of shops do that, but 3 sizes different is a bit crazy. They obviously don't was us big people to be seen in their labels. Fat people want to exercise too! I just wanted simple t-shirts and trousers that didn't get me hotter than needed....not magic gym clothes to make me instantly slim!

At least big clothes make you feel nice and small. How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym in the morning? I can't motivate myself to go at anytime! Well done for resisting temptations, you should be proud, let's see if I can resist my Mum's chocolates tonight at the cinema.

Monday wasn't too hard as I had to be up to take my brother to the airport....yesterday and today were much harder even to get up at a sensible time for work let alone the gym! Having someone relying on you for a lift at a set time really does improve your time keeping!! I was hoping after all these months of getting up early it had become more of a habit I might be able to stick to but it seems not :-(

Must try harder!!

Hope you managed to avoid the chocs at the cinema, it's the Krax crisp things they have there and the old fashioned 50p mix up bag I can't resist at our local cinema.

Yesterday one of the girls at work was signing up people for some skiing lessons at the local dry ski slope, less than £20 a session with a burger and chips/drink included (ok, not going to be good syn wise but I will have been exercising hard). I think it's one of her new years things to learn a new skill but I signed up as it's something I've always fancied doing too. It'll probably kill me but it's on a Friday night so at least I can crash out on the Saturday! It starts at the end of February so i've got a few weeks to get a bit fitter in preparation.

The same girl has just sent round an email about Salsa classes too, she's really going for it this year with the new things. That's £19 for 8 lessons so not a bad price but I'm not sure if it's my thing or not....

The 50p mix up bag isn't that bad, no fat all sugar!!! Plus you only get about 10 sweets.
I didn't resist the chocolate, but I hadn't eaten a great deal as I went to the dentist just before the cinema!
I am thinking about going to the gym as my membership is valid until April, after which it's Roller skating season!

Yep, we'll be out there on skates once the weather warms/dries up!

Well the exercise didn't go so well this week in the end, better than nowt though. I'll be back to it next week as my brother will want to go to make the most of his January membership as he's been on holiday this week and hasn't used it.

I've been totally on plan the whole week - although the scales don't seem to share that view and have been showing me a measly 0.5lb loss all week. I'm hoping this improves by Sunday as I'm really trying and this is only week two so it shouldn't be this hard to lose it already. Reminds me I really really need to go to the doctors to see about altering my thyroid meds as that obviously isn't helping my weight loss struggles.

This weekend's new recipe to try is morrocan veg tagine with cous cous. Just need to get a few ingredients at Sainsburys tonight. I'm also going to make some chocolate and orange bread pudding from the SW recipe book I bought ages ago. 5.5 syns a portion and it was actually really good for a SW pud and worth the syns I think.

Last edited:

3.8lb off this week!! Now I know I'm always very negative, but even with a pound of that being last weeks loss that didn't show up till the day after WI, I've exercised, I've been 100% on plan....even with all that, I don't think I really have lost that amount. So for now I'm celebrating that it's going in the right direction, I'm preparing myself for a STS or even a tiny gain next week depending on how this week goes....that way I'll be ready for whatever the scales say next week. But I lost some more weight - yay!

I re-weighed this morning to get a more accurate number than that silly low number from yesterday as I know it'll bug me all week otherwise! It's now 1.3lb heavier but that's fine as that means I lost 2.5lb last week which is a much more sensible number and still really good :)

I'm 3lb away from getting my 3 stone award back so I'm hoping to have that by my birthday if possible. I'm off to Manchester for a weekend away on my birthday (end of Feb) so that'll no doubt involve the odd naughty meal out....but lots of walking too to hopefully balance it out. A whole day of shopping at the Trafford Centre on the Saturday (I mean from opening to closing time!! make the most of it), not sure about the Sunday yet, then a snowboarding lesson at the indoor snow centre there on the Monday. So if anyone has any idea what to do in Manchester on a Sunday let me know :) Nothing too strenuous after the shopping and knowing I have to snow board the next day. We'll have the car though so I'm sure we'll find something to do. My boyfriend will be driving of course, the furthest north I've ever driven is Birmingham and I don't really like motorways so going even further isn't my idea of fun.

I made the veg tagine in the end yesterday...kitchen smells of cinnamon now (that's what the recipe told me to do) and all manner of other spices. Won't be making it again, it's far too spicy and hot for me. I have some for lunch today so hopefully I don't get a sweat on at the table!

Thanks Jane, feels nice to have the scales go down for a change!

Been to the gym this morning but my will power is now being tested by yet more cakes on the table in the office! Now I did contribute to the collection for his new baby so a cake is a very nice thank-you but I won't lose this weight by slacking off, even for a teeny tiny bit of cake :-(

I'm so pathetic, a doughnut found it's way into my fat mouth after all that. So silly as afterwards you always think 'that wasn't worth it' and wish you hadn't eaten it but at the time all you want is the jammy goodness. If I could remove it from my system I would have....but if I could do that I'd have become bulemic in my late teens so thankfully I'm not physically able to do that. I wish I could, mainly when I have one of those migraines where only puking will start the recovery process and I have to wait patiently feeling awful till my body is ready as I can't make myself do it - far too weak a gag reflex.

Anyway, to cut a long and rather gross story (for a lunch time!) short I've written it down and I'll still be under my syns for the day so it really isn't the end of the world - plus a gym sesh is worth a doughnut I'm sure.

Totally the doughnuts fault for forcing itself on me ;-)

Doing well so far this week, 100% every day. Even swapped out my white pasta for wholemeal last night in a bid to help with the pcos - I'm supposed to be better off with wholemeal as it won't affect my blood sugar in the same way as white. I haven't had it since I was a kid and it wasn't as awful as I remember. I had a memory of gritty, grainy textured stuff that was hideous when compared to white pasta, but this was ok. Bit more gritty and grainy than white but nothing I couldn't put up with if it helps the weight loss. Maybe they've improved it in the last 20 years :)

I'm back in the work trousers too as they'd got a bit tight post xmas but they're wearable again now. They were falling down at one point so I want to get back there as the trousers are a constant reminder that I've put loads of weight back on.

Todays food is looking low syn so far. Alpen light for breakfast, jacket, beans, cheese and salad for lunch and tea is still to be planned. I found a recipe on here for some syn free cheese scone type things so that'll be my cookery task for the weekend. I'm go karting on Saturday for my brother and Dad's birthday and then back to my Aunties for lunch. Sandwiches and the like I expect so I'll have to be careful and try and tot up the syns in my head as I go.

Scales were being nice this morning still, no jump back up above Sundays WI so that's all I'm hoping for really. Showing a 0.9lb loss at the moment.

I promised myself a treat when I got back to my 3 stone award....that's 3lb away (maybe 2lb come Sunday).....but I've already bought it. Bit naughty but there was a 20% off deal for 2 days only so I had to go on and get it. I'll have to be good now!

Looking good EmmyLou. I tried the cheese scones - if they are the ones with cottage cheese and smash - and really liked them. Kep up the good work. x

That's the ones Jane yes, ooh now I know they're good then I'll be looking forward to cooking them even more :)

Stir fry in the end last night with some sauce that turned out to be 5 syns which was upsetting, I thought it was less than that. Back on the lower syn Blue Dragon stuff instead in future.

Just done another morning of gyming, so that's 3 times this week and I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. My new t-shirts are great, nice and thin as they're made for exercise, and the thinner trousers are comfy too. Feels odd having a bit of my legs exposed though, albeit just a small bit as they're long cropped things.

Scales were being extra extra nice this morning which stands no chance of holding till Sunday but they said I'd lost 2.1lb this week so far! My boyfriend commented last night that my upper arms were definitely getting a bit more toned so that's nice to hear.

I did free weights this morning, a few more than usual because the weights machine was broken :-( Some numpty had wedged the wrong pin in and it was stuck fast. I mean what idiot forces it in when it's clearly not meant to fit in that machine!? For some bizarre reason there's one pin less than the number of machines (how does it go missing?) so people have a habit of grabbing them off a different machine and using them even though they aren't all the same and they're attached to the machine for a reason. But clearly if it doesn't slide in easily you don't force it. I reported it and he said they have new pins on order and he'd try and fix the stuck pin later. Meant I had to give that a miss today which I was quite annoyed about. What's wrong with me eh - getting annoyed I couldn't do my 'workout' this morning ;-)

I'm hoping that as I've been using that machine my muscles won't ache for days after karting tomorrow like they usually do. I can but hope :)

Back