A quest for the old happy Em

Well I've been rubbish again, gaining and losing the same weight over and over. I'm now only 0.5lb lighter than when I got back off holiday in mid-september and I still have 5.5lb to go to get my 2 stone award!! Really going to get going again, back on track as of today....

Been a while, I've been off SW for a bit. Well since my holiday really! I've faffed about gaining and losing the same few pounds. As of last night I lost my 1.5 stone award by half a pound when the week before my hols I was 1lb away from my 2 stone award :-( December is not the time to try and get back on track - especially this week with 5 meals out!! But last night losing my 1.5 stone award was a bit of a wake up call so today, Sunday and next Wednesday before class I have no excuse not to be 100%.

Last night we all went for our fat club xmas meal at a local carvery place. Not been there before but it was really nice. Good selection of veggie options (so no goats cheese!), veggie gravy and their stuffing and roasties were veggie as well. The deserts were huge. They do a takeaway service so you can have your desert in a plastic box which about half the class did - the half that were on the table with the consultant who had hers in a box and they all followed suit ;-) I managed both of course, a gorgeous heavy chocolate fudge cake but even I couldn't manage all the icing. I don't think my main course plate was piled as high as some peoples though as I was leaving room for pud. It was a really good night though, lots of laughs and I really have found a nice group.

I feel a bit rubbish that I've been going for a full year but have only managed 1.5 stone but better off than on I suppose. I wanted my 2 stone by January but no chance now. I think my new goal will be to get my 1.5 stone back!

Hope everyone else is doing better than me and you're enjoying the run up to xmas. x

Stayed the same over xmas in the end, which is a pretty big achievement I reckon as most of the class were averaging 2-3lb gains. I've ended up missing class the last 2 weeks, first with a stomach upset and last week with flu. Nice way to start 2014 ;-)

Being ill just makes me crave sweet sugary things for energy so I've been making very poor choices like the Tesco bakery cookies, bars of dairy milk (the big ones, not the individual ones!) and that sort of thing. I'm almost recovered now and today is my first day back on track in a while. Had some home made chili leftovers for lunch as Tesco have started stocking their veggie mince again after about 8 months of not having it. It does taste slightly different but not enough to bother me, it's still a million times better than quorn mince - bleugh. Might as well eat the contents of the paper shredder.

Tonight is my starting point for 2014. I reckon at 1lb a week I'll be the right size for my dress fitting in August if I stick with it.

1lb on last night, which considering that's 2 weeks worth and I've been eating non stop rubbish is fairly good. So 13st 11.5lb is the starting point for this year. My lowest last year was 13st 3lb so I'm a bit annoyed but it could be worse.

I was 100% back on plan yesterday and today is all planned out too. No cheating. I put a pair of boots on this morning and zipped them up with room to spare but you know how they seem to get tighter as your legs warm up and the day goes on....well they're already feeling less comfortable and these fitted beautifully a couple months back :-( So that'll be my reminder all day long as to why I'm doing this.

Well it's been a while.....a long long while. Quick catch up - I totally lost my mojo what with trying to buy another house after the previous one was withdrawn from sale, and planning a wedding. We bought a bit of a fixer upper and spent 4 months making it habitable before we moved in finally 2 weeks ago. Wedding plans are all in hand but took a bit of a back seat while we had the house to sort out so now we're settled I rejoined class last night. I'm disgusted with myself as I've rejoined 1lb heavier than when I joined in January 2013. So I've wasted pretty much two years losing and gaining the same 2 stone >:-(

I now have 8 weeks to go till the wedding to lose as much as possible. My first dress fitting is in 4 weeks. I bought a dress half a size too small when I was just under 14 stone....I'm now 15st 3lb. So I'm hoping to shift a stone!? And hoping she can adjust the dress to get my fat ass into it. Not really the idea I had in mind, I was hoping she was going to have to shrink it a size, not go up a size. Ah well, there's spare material on the train of the dress to make an extra panel in the bodice and the extra strap I wanted (it's a one strap dress which to my mind looks wonky and I want to wear a bra anyway so kills two birds with one stone).

So....day one. So far so good. Salad prepped for lunch and fruit all washed and ready for afternoon snacking. I'm already feeling like I'm in control of this now and motivated to see it through. I have to get in that dress and I can't believe I dropped the ball so badly. But doing all that I've been doing this year something had to give and it was the diet.

It's not surprising given all that you have had to deal with EmmyLou. You have certainly got something to aim for so that will help I am sure. Good luck for WI. When is your weigh day? xx

I've rejoined my old class so it's Wednesday night. I've been 100% all week but I've been weighing myself every day too, oops. Well that was going well as it was going lower and lower, then this morning leapt up to where I started last Thursday morning!? Now I know it's not right and I'm determined to have 2 more 100% days to get my week one under my belt. I'm hoping the get the bike tyres pumped up this weekend to cycle to class (I'm now another mile and a bit further away at the new house and no way I'm walking that just yet!).

of the 4 days in the office since class we've had cakes on a table right next to me for 3 of them, how's that fair ;-)

Well week one, 3.5lb off :) Week two not so amazing but still 1.5lb off. Week three will be a bit stricter in the hope of getting 2lb off and getting my half stone award. So far it's not been too bad, avoided the cake temptations at work, no meals out and not been too bad on weekends which are my downfall. 6 weeks till the wedding - eek!

Back