A quest for the old happy Em

I ended up with a quorn bacon sandwich when I got home late last night so my syns were 13 in the end yesterday (including the 2 carried over from the day before) so under the 15 so I'm happy with that. Calorie wise the day was under 1200. I like to keep a rough tally of the calories in my head too as a double check.

My meal out was the 5 bean chili as usual, although the nachos were tempting I resisted. I also stopped in Sainsburys on my way home to get food for tonight and normally on seeing all the bags of buttons and malteasers etc on offer at £1 I'd have grabbed one and polished them off on the long drive home (I passed them in the shop and the garage too!) but I looked at them and thought no, I don't really want any....or any of those reduced price cookies, the nice bread, the pizza or any of that stuff. Felt good to feel in control of what I was chosing for the first time in ages. Why is it all the offers are always on crap food though, should be a law against it. Peppers are never bogof are they!?

I had to bite my tongue last night though rather than get into it with an bloke outside the multi-storey car park! He was about 65, obviously on his way to see a show at the Hippdrome with two women a bit in front of me and there's always this homeless guy begging on the steps who you have to walk past on entering or exiting the car park. The old bloke got a right old angry face on him when asked if he had any spare change and shouted 'get a job you lazy bas***d!' at the poor guy before walking on as if nothing had happened! Neither of the women said anything and the homeless guy just looked shocked and didn't respond rudely back or anything. I was in shock myself, instinct made me want to blurt out 'hey, no need for that, he didn't do you any harm so leave him alone' but thought better of it. Made me realise though that all the people you read about who have weight issues who say they get shouted at in public and have rude comments made to them by strangers are probably on the receiving end of idiots like him. You just don't imagine people could be that rude to a complete stranger but obviously they can which is really sad. What you think in your head is up to you but to be abusive is out of order. Sorry for the rant but the bloke really got to me and I had to let it out!

The scales were even nicer than yesterday this morning and now say I've lost 1.4lb - hurrah.

Hi EmmyLou, hope that you are OK as you havn't been around for a few days. I went home to get some of my summer clothes yesterday and was a bit shocked to see how tight they are. I suppose that I shouldn't be too shocked given my recent track record. Its the start of a new week so fresh start. xx

Yep new week for us both Jane, lets try for a 100% one as I diodn't quite manage that last week :)

WI on Sunday had me losing 2.9 lb this week, hurrah. First week back on plan so that's a good loss, hopefully I can get at least 0.8lb off this week as that would make me 13st 13.9lb!! Back in the 13's. I still can't exercise so will be relying solely on diet to get me there. No plans for meals out or anything this week so that should mean I stay on track. I made a mango cous cous salad thing on the weekend that was really nice for summer so I'll be making that again. I also made a silken tofu/cocoa pudding type thing I found a recipe for on here which was really nice. Unortunately I sat and ate all 4 'portions' in one sitting at a syn a serving but in reality I think it was more like 2 portions it made, it wasn't much more than a shallow cereal bowl full in total. I had the syns left that day so it didn't matter.

Well the plan for today is:

B: Alpen light
L: Spag bol from last night (1 syn) and a muller light youghurt
S: Alpen light
D: Not sure yet....either more spag bol or roasted veg and pasta.

The scales were so nice to me today - 13st 13.3. Now there's no way I lost 1.4lb overnight but it's certainly keeping me motivated to stay on plan now I can see the scales moving in the right direction.

I had to go trouser shopping last night as a glance down at my linen trousers whilst in the toilets yesterday had me almost seeing daylight through them (the curse of fat thighs, I'm sure many of you know what I mean). I used to get through a pair each summer but this pair have lasted two and they're not quite worn through yet. Must be because I have slightly smaller thighs than I used to. I had to get a size 18 again instead of a 16 but I'm not too bothered by that. Far too late in the season for getting a black pair, all sold out, but I did get a dark blue pair which actually make a nice change from black. I might order the black online if these feel nice to wear on their first outing today. Even better they go lovely with the new blue coloured Birkenstocks I bought a while back. I'm totally in love with my birki's and I think I may well buy another pair when it comes to sales in August/September. I know 4 pairs is probably enough but all but one pair were less than half price when I bought them and they don't take up a lot of wardrobe space. Any excuse! I will live in them now till October like last year so I need a few pairs to rotate them and give them an airing :)

Scales being nice again this morning with a 13 at the start – yay! Had a sort of slip last night in that about half hour before bed I got one of those Warburtons square pocket things (my boyfriend has them) and had that with some cheese. I totally didn’t need it, I could have gone to bed hungry and although it wasn’t many calories and was my hexA (I hadn’t used either of them) and 5 syns (which took me to 11 syns for the day) so totally on plan, it was still the thought process behind it that wasn’t good. I hadn’t actually looked at my spread sheet when I stuffed it in my face so although I know I usually don’t use my hexA so the cheese would be ok, I didn’t know that I had syns to spare but ate it anyway as I had a ‘ah, it’s only 100 calories, doesn’t matter’ attitude on me at the time as I was hungry. I need to stop moments like that as on another day that might take me over my syns. Calorie wise the day was about 1200 so not as low as it has been but not bad.

Today looks like this:
B: Alpen light (hexB)
L: McCain jacket spud (1 syn), beans, cheese (hexA), muller light yoghurt
S: mango and cherries, Alpen light (rest of hexB)
D: Syn free chips, ketchup (1 syn), peas, 6 quorn nuggets (3 syns) and maybe a Warburtons pocket thing to keep me full up (5 syns)

Thanks Jane :) You'd also be proud of me for resisting yet more cakes at work today. Must be the birthday season or something! Sainsburys doughnuts, my fave, just sat there uneaten. I'm actually feeling quite strong still and I don't fancy one and then I'm off all afternoon for a meeting by which time they should be gone. I don't want to undo all my good work so that's keeping me on track.

It's still got to be easier than the 'diet' my brother is on. He starves himself all day and then eats a big meal and pudding of an evening. It's supposed to burn more fat during the day as you body has no food for fuel so it then eats your fat reserves. Sounds like a load of crap to me!!

Oh come on, really, seriously!!?? MORE cakes on the table today. Some home made brownies and cakes again. Someone up there's really testing my resolve. But right now I'm still feeling strong, the scales read the same as yesterday again today so I really want to keep them there. I've also realised I'm due a 'visit' this weekend so next week will be * week....might affect my WI on Sunday. Does explain why I look like an oily spotty teenager this week! Even more of a surprise that I'm resisting the cake then really :)

I made a really great new recipe discovery this weekend, one off of the website. A roulade made with mainly egg so I thought it might end up like a rolled omelette with quark and raspberries in it! It didn't taste eggy at all though and even my boyfriend liked it (unfortunately, as it meant I had to share it!). Only half a syn for the whole thing too.

Still been 100% on plan, even with a trip to subway on Thursday night. I had a salad filled roll and syned the roll so i still felt in control of what I was eating.

Fingers crossed I see a good number on the scales tomorrow as I've only eaten 1000 calories most days so hopefully it'll have a 13 at the start!

Yes, I made the roulade a while ago and really enjoyed it. I hope that your WI went well. x

1.8lb off this week so after a great first week I'm really shocked to get so much off in my second week. Had a day off the diet yesterday as i went to a friends house for dinner so wasn't in control of the food. We did refrain from eating very much during the day leading up to it though so hopefully it'll be ok. Straight back to it today though. Just about to have dinner and the syns for today are 8 so far. So fingers crossed for another good week, a pound off this week would be great after 2 good weeks.

Bit naughty yesterday and had two extra hexB's but I spent the entire day ravenously hungry so it's a surprise that's all I did! I also spent the morning up a step ladder again (like most of the weekend!) as I was cleaning the conservatory roof like it's never been cleaned before :) Very pleased with my hard work although my coccyx is now back to feeling very painful - just as it was starting to feel a tiny bit better too :-( Going up and down steps really is the killer, I still can't do stairs so no sign of the gym any time soon. I'm starting to wonder if I did more than bruise it as it's been nearly 6 weeks now and it's still not got that much better. I can see this dragging on for months and into my holiday when I need to walk a lot and was hoping to use the gym on board to burn off the yummy food!

14 weeks and 13lb left to lose...

Not a happy Emma today, scales were mean to the tune of 1lb gained (but it's a mid week weigh in so nothing to worry too much about yet as it's * week too), that has me feeling very faint and sick and I'm also suffering with the associated problems * week likes to bless me with. So overall I'm wishing I was tucked up in bed still with some pain killers and some mind numbing telly to veg out to. Didn't even pack myself lunch beyond some alpen bars and a yoghurt as I was so unfocussed this morning. Luckily I work somewhere where I can take the afternoon off at short notice so I may well not last the day :-(

Sorry to hear that you are feeling horrid EmmyLou, hope that you feel better soon. Well done on your weight loss this week. x

Well the pound gain stayed on unfortunately, 0.8lb to be exact. Bit infuriating that the moment I've dared to go even a bit over 1200 calories for the day the weight goes on. Back to it this week, no food for me. Seriously though, I wil be cutting right back as I now have 14lb to lose in 13 weeks. I'm hoping to try and get to the pool one day this week in place of the gym and see how my coccyx holds up. Still feels painful when I'm trying to clean the house, and yesterday crawling round on the floor sanding down skirting boards didn't help :) It feels like progress though to be working on the walls and skirting in the conservatory after all that cleaning of the roof. I've patched them up but they might need another going over here and there. Can't wait to get started on the wallpapering, my first ever go at it and I have some very bright wallpaper I really want to see on the walls as it's so pretty. I bought a bright pink table runner and mats set on the weekend to use for 'best' as when it's all done we'll have somewhere to sit and eat so we can invite people round. All that decorating has to be body magic doesn't it!

Rubbish week in the end unfortunately, I let the gain get to me and so guess what....another gain this week! 0.6lb gain. So I now have even more to lose before hols. Ok, I have fruit and muller lights, baked beans and bread to toast for lunch so my day on plan should be sorted. No sign of any cakes in the office today so hopefully it stays cake free :)

Back