A questions for the ladies

Davies22

I started the Cambridge diet a week and a half ago and lost 6lbs on my first weigh in. I was just wondering does being on the diet affect your contraceptive pill? I am on microgynon 30 and was wondering if it lowers the amount of protection I would have with the pill

Thanks x

Hi Davies

I cant remember whether I read it on the Cambridge site or in the book we get, but it definitely says that the quick weight loss does affect the contraceptive pill. I think it's to do with the
Massive change in hormones from the fat loss. It does say you should take extra precautions until your weight stabilises x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Think you'd have to check with your GP and CDC. I remember when i did cambridge last time being on Cerazette it didnt make any changes but this time round ive had a period for the first time in 20 months as i don't get them usually on the Cerazette. My CDC did say it increases fertility though

I never thought about asking about that, but when I did lipotrim for three months a few years ago didn't affect me at all. So spring the exact same as last time and just taking my pill :)

Back