A Questions for those LLers for a while..

EmVeg

Do a little dance!
How did it take all of you to notice the weight coming off?

Just been thinking about what will be my motivation in those hard times, when I can't see the prize at the end of the road - and thought the one thing would be the changes to my body.

Just wondering when you all started to SEE the changes, rather than just see the scales on WI.

Ta! Much love x

EDIT: Just so I don't seem blinkered..I'm not expecting to see for two or three weeks.

Hi Em. I've now lost 50lb and obviously can tell. Sometimes I look in the mirror though and wonder where the weight's come off from, as I still look HUGE to me at that moment!! In my pics in my album that I just added of my new cut, all I can see is that muffin top!

Anyway, I think I started to notice myself when I was about a stone down, but it varies from day to day, and some days I'll feel massive, and other days when I catch a glimpse of myself I get a shock! But the best thing is that I've just bought a top in a shop that I previously had and liked in a size 18, well the replacement top is a size 12 (granted I think it's a slightly large fit!). I feel normal again, and although I still want to get down from 12st 1lb that I am now to about 10 or 10.5 st, I no longer constantly have it in my head that people are thinking "god, that girl's massive!"

Believe me there will be numerous little factors that will motivate you through the weeks ahead, and not just your appearance in the mirror. You'll just be able to move easier, climb the stairs without wanting to collapse and you will just notice loads of things that will surprise you.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Poppysparkle.

I am hoping my motivator with remain the reasons I am doing this - which is taking weight off my fairly painful hips and knees, to be more active, no not have health problems when I get older. Along with feeling more confidence etc.

Although, I know there is a part of me that has vanity in mind. As much as I am not focusing on her too much - she is there, and we all know it. I just know that I am someone that on those days I cannot see the health benefits, I cannot appriciate that I am more confident, that that vanity girl will possibly be the only one able to boost me.

It's sad I know, but I don't think everyone can say their vanity demon is always silent.

Someone asked me to name something to use as a motivator here that I thought would sum up my reasons for doing this. Now bearing in mine I do not have children as of yet... my answer was "To be able to run in my childs parents race at school day". It's ridiculous but its the image I conjoured.

Sorry for the rambling, I really am having one of those days where I need to talk...

Hey, talk away Em!! That's what this place is for after all - it's very good for you after all!

A great motivator being able to run in the parent's race at the child sport's day! And you are going to do it too, I can just sense it from your posts that you are a very committed and positive person.

I'm reading a good book at the moment by Gillian Riley called Eating Less - only a third of the way through it myself but check it out I think it might be of interest to you.

Just to give you some confidence in doing this, today is a good day for me, I'm feeling good and it's been so easy to stick to LL for the most part. I'm never going to lapse until my abstinence is over, I know that, but there have been moments. Just know that those times pass so quickly and there'll definitely be something for you to aim for and revel in on your journey.

This is the first time in about seven years that I KNOW that I'm going to be able to stick to this and get my weight under control. Only this time I'm keeping it off too, as this is THE most amazing programme ever. I'm just grateful to have found it and I honestly think in ten little weeks you'll be saying the same!

Loads of hugs!

I noticed the difference at the end of my second week, which is when I did my very first comparison photo. I think I was lucky in that in those two weeks, all 12lbs I lost seemed to come off of my stomach so the difference could really be seen.

I do the same as Poppy does, some days I am on a real high and feel fantasic about how I look, others I don't think about my size at all (which is almost even better than being on a high!), sometimes I see myself reflected in a shop window, or car wing mirror, and it takes a second to realise that it is me I'm looking at, and other days I feel just as big as before I started and really don't know why.

But as Poppy said, you won't notice purely from your size alone, other things will get so much easier as well. I had a revelation the other day at work when I dropped my pen, I just bent over picked it up without even thinking, and carried on with what I was doing; it was only after I'd done it that I realised how easy it was, and how much harder it would have been to do before!

As for vanity thing, I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a pretty big part of this for me. I've always been the fat bloke, who wears what he can find to fit him, who struggles to look good in anything, who hated looking in the mirror, who wished he could be a different person, who couldn't tell you one thing he liked about himself, and who never got a girl to dance with at the club; well that's all changed now! And none of that is a health reason, it's all vanity and self-image.

So yes, health is a very good reason for losing weight, but self-image and vanity can be good supportive reasons too :)

YEah, with me it was a good stone and a half, maybe two before it was really noticeable. But bearing that in mind - it took the muppets I work with 5 stone loss to aks me if I had lost weight!!! :giggle: So don;t worry if people you see regularly don;t commnet initially, especially if you have nto told them you are on a diet.

Em, I started this for physical (and mental health- I was SO sad) reasons too. Vanity was far from my reasons - though it was in there to a degree. But thru the process, as the health got better, the vanity started growing!! LOL YOu will start to love the way you look, and you are going to want people to look at you!

Mirrors will call you as you pass, as will shop front windows.

Who know - you may find yourself in a bathroom taking pics of yourself every day! :giggle: :rotflmao:

Really chuffed you are on your way. ANd doing so well too. Rock it girl! :D

Ditto

Yep, it was the same with me about 2 stone in, but also I didn't think I was too unhappy with my looks (amazing what the brain can do)
Health was my initial motivation. i didn't realise I was ready to face my demons at that stage.
Vanity has kicked in since I started to recognise the person I was 25years ago re-appearing. I thought she was gone forever.
WoooHooo

it took me a LONG while!! u start to notice little things, my neck and collarbones (which i LOVE) were the first things i noticed!!

even now ill just get a glimpse of me in a shop window, and i see the "new" me, but its only when im ever caught off guard that i would notice it!!

i have a feeling ill be doing the head thing for a while!! xxx

Sometimes I look in the mirror though and wonder where the weight's come off from

It is weird where the weight comes off! Even the rings on my fingers are starting to fall off! lol

I probably noticed after the first stone and it really hit me yesterday when I slipped into a pair of size 12 trousers whilst out shopping! :D

Hx

After week one em, you will notice your cloths are slightly looser, after about a month you will notice your cloths start to hang a little baggy. after the second month you need need cloths as all the belts in the world wont help :)

The scale does help too, it reaffirms that the weight is shifting, then people will notice and use comments like "my god you are vanishing" or "you look so different your face is really slim" etc ;)

Either way em you will tell

I don't start LL until next Saturday, but have been reading what everyone has written, and I have to say I can't wait until it starts to show, only the immediate family know that I am going to do it because I wanted them so notice the weight loss rather than feel they have to say it because they know you are dieting! My OH went along to meet the LLC yesterday and all being well with the docs he will start the Monday after me so should be a bit easier :fingerscrossed: Thanks all for the motivation and good advice x

Thank you everyone.

As a some of you that have managed to get through my meandering diary posts know that a lot of doing LL for me is to help me adjust my mind settings. I do have low self-esteem, and very little self-worth (like I'm sure we all had). I cannot control my relationship with food, and it makes me feel worthless. THAT is my main, big motivator. Vanity does play a part, but its mixed into a big ball of self-worth to me.

Thank you all for your replies.

Book recommendation...

Thank you everyone.

As a some of you that have managed to get through my meandering diary posts know that a lot of doing LL for me is to help me adjust my mind settings. I do have low self-esteem, and very little self-worth (like I'm sure we all had). I cannot control my relationship with food, and it makes me feel worthless. THAT is my main, big motivator. Vanity does play a part, but its mixed into a big ball of self-worth to me.

Thank you all for your replies.

Hi EmVeg,

I reckon you will feel the difference in about 2 to 3 weeks...

I totally understand your last post above, and I found this books really helpful.

Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating (Paperback)

by Gillian Riley (Author)

link

It covers the exact concerns you have: The motivation for losing weight, the mindset change, and self-esteem being a factor.

I have read my copy more than once, and I think it is an excellent book - well worth a read.

Hi EmVeg,

I reckon you will feel the difference in about 2 to 3 weeks...

I totally understand your last post above, and I found this books really helpful.

Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating (Paperback)

by Gillian Riley (Author)

link

It covers the exact concerns you have: The motivation for losing weight, the mindset change, and self-esteem being a factor.

I have read my copy more than once, and I think it is an excellent book - well worth a read.

Thank you so much for this link, think I will look for it on my stroll to town tomorrow.

I have the book, and intend to read it front to back. Soon. Life is just a bit hectic, so have not done more then read the odd chapter here and there - but the book comes highly reccomended by many many people who have graced this forum!

So definately get yourself a copy girl, and dive in.

I cannot wait, until you wake up one morning - and probably not long from now - and you look in the mirror and realise just how very much worth you do have. That is the moment that your life will change. That is the spark. Wait for it - recognise it - and embrace it. ANd your like WILL change. You will change. ANd you will never ever want to look back.

Hang in there kidd - you are doing a good thing, and all good things await. :)

xx

hi
Im on day one of week 3
I really started to notice a difference on day 10 and at my weigh in last night I have lost 15lbs in 2 weeks
My trousers dont dig in as much my shirt is not pulling tight and my face looks slimmer already so cant wait to see what I look like at 3 months
Cheers
James

Evening.

Thought I would plod in here and say that it is day 14, and had my weigh in today and have lost 16lb.

I have noticed that certain clothes are a lot looser. I can't SEE any changes, but from just walking the dog and not getting a rub rash on the flab above the knees show me something has been changing.

EmVeg - That's a fantastic loss, over a stone in 2 weeks! :wow:Well done you :happy036:

That just shows how well this can work & you are gonna get there - don't loose heart, you are such a pretty girl & we will all get there.

Back