A sack of potatoes

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sambucca, 12 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Has anyone ever tried to lift a sack of potatoes...?

Just wondering as I have now lost 55lb which is the same weight as a sack of spuds. Quite comical really as a sack of spuds is exactly what i looked like before starting CD.

Not updating my ticker yet as I dont have an official WI till next thursday (14st 2lb is the weight on my own scales this morning)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DoomsdayClock

DoomsdayClock Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    55lbs ....you are doing fantastically well. Keep up the good work

4. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    hehe sam
    megga heavy when you try and pick the potatoes up yet some how we managed to carry that weight round with us when it was on our bodies
    i know i couldn`t carry a sack of pots very far
    well done hun
    my weigh in tomorrow morning :D
    kaz xx

5. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    You are so right Kaz. We've lost a similar amount now and its hard enough to lift a sack of potatoes yet alone carry one for any distance. Just a couple of months ago we were carrying that weight around all the time.

6. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

I find it a really usefull exercise in thinking about weight loss and similar things that weigh the same, when i started the diet my goal was to lose the same weight as my youngest baby and then i moved up through my children until i lost more than the weight of my 10 year old, then try picking them up and carrying them for a while and it really brings home how much weight you have lost.

Well done on your weight loss xx

julesrush

CDC Norwich

7. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

Ha ha - yes it is useful to compare your weight loss to something "real" - it gives you a much better idea of just how much weight you have lost.

I've lost the exact equivalent in weight to my 2 year old boy which is quite funny. He is very heavy to carry up the stairs now (he always tries to get carried up the stairs!) and I can't believe that i was heaving that amount up and down the stairs on my own body up until recently!

8. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Wow Jules. I too have a 10 year old, I think she's about 5 1/2 stones and I struggle to pick her up. In a month or two I will have lost the weight of her.

Jodie, its when I had lost the weight of my youngest daughter that it really brought it home to me how well I was doing. You are doing fab! I'll bet its a struggle to carry your son for any great distance and just 10 weeks ago you had that weight on your body all the time.

Its Staggering isnt it when you think of it like that.

9. ava

ava Silver Member

Well done Sam, 55lb is fantastic :D

10. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

I think I'll start weighing various objects around the house so that I can do more comparisons! lol It makes it so much more real than just saying to somebody "i've lost x amount of pounds" - much more effective to say "i've lost the same amount as this bag of spuds - here try and lift them!" lol:D

11. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    You've lost 15 bags of sugar Jodie!! Next time you go to the supermarket, put 15 bags of sugar in your basket and try to lift it! I'll bet you a fiver you will struggle to carry it for more than 5 minutes.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.