A sack of potatoes

Sambucca

Gold Member
Has anyone ever tried to lift a sack of potatoes...?

Just wondering as I have now lost 55lb which is the same weight as a sack of spuds. Quite comical really as a sack of spuds is exactly what i looked like before starting CD.

Not updating my ticker yet as I dont have an official WI till next thursday (14st 2lb is the weight on my own scales this morning)

hehe sam
megga heavy when you try and pick the potatoes up yet some how we managed to carry that weight round with us when it was on our bodies
i know i couldn`t carry a sack of pots very far
well done hun
my weigh in tomorrow morning :D
kaz xx

I find it a really usefull exercise in thinking about weight loss and similar things that weigh the same, when i started the diet my goal was to lose the same weight as my youngest baby and then i moved up through my children until i lost more than the weight of my 10 year old, then try picking them up and carrying them for a while and it really brings home how much weight you have lost.

Well done on your weight loss xx

julesrush

CDC Norwich

Ha ha - yes it is useful to compare your weight loss to something "real" - it gives you a much better idea of just how much weight you have lost.

I've lost the exact equivalent in weight to my 2 year old boy which is quite funny. He is very heavy to carry up the stairs now (he always tries to get carried up the stairs!) and I can't believe that i was heaving that amount up and down the stairs on my own body up until recently!

Wow Jules. I too have a 10 year old, I think she's about 5 1/2 stones and I struggle to pick her up. In a month or two I will have lost the weight of her.

Jodie, its when I had lost the weight of my youngest daughter that it really brought it home to me how well I was doing. You are doing fab! I'll bet its a struggle to carry your son for any great distance and just 10 weeks ago you had that weight on your body all the time.

Its Staggering isnt it when you think of it like that.

I think I'll start weighing various objects around the house so that I can do more comparisons! lol It makes it so much more real than just saying to somebody "i've lost x amount of pounds" - much more effective to say "i've lost the same amount as this bag of spuds - here try and lift them!" lol:D

Back