A serious question about the bars !

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
Is it possible that the bars just dont suit some people on this diet ??

I only ask due to somethings that have happened to me this week on introducing them.

I had my first one on Sunday, one on Monday and one on Tuesday as well as my normal water, and a shake and soup a day. Nothing else different!

By monday I had gone up 1lb on my own scale. :eek:
Tuesday it was the same... 1lb increase. I also noticed the bars made my stomach gurgle, go to the loo and lots of unpleasant wind. :p

I decided Tuesday night not to have any more and see what happened if I cut them back out!

Wednesday tummy ok, back on the soups/shakes.
Thurdsay feeling a bit iffy! ((see light headed post)) but passed by afternoon. Just had normal shakes/soups!

Friday today, feeling ok and my scales are going back down!!

Do you think its just a coincidence that the bars gave me a slight increase + stall ?? and now am back on the shakes/soups my body prefers them!

I just be barking totally up the wrong tree here so looking for others views on it. !!

Deb

Hun a few peeps do find that the bars dont aggree with them and they can have simular symptoms 2 u.
I know when i had the bars i had the gurgling noise in my belly and gave me the runs.

I dont think the bars can make u increase in weight but they could disagree with u.

If you are happy to have not them then just stick to the packs instead u know what works best for your body.

Take care xxx

Hi Deb

I don't get on too well with the bars either. Luckily I prefer the soups and shakes anyway. I introduced my first half a bar after 3 months and was OK with half a bar but have tummy trouble with more. I also find they can start me off with food cravings too. If I have a bar now I tend to have it in the evening when I have cravings less and could go to bed if feeling restless food wise.

Hope this solves your prob.

Dizzy x

I prefer not to do bars - I've tasted them but they just dont do it for me so I didn't try them again but I know on LL I had to stop the bars because they gave me wind LOL

I don't get any problems with the bars but prefer to only have half a bar a day, mostly because I want to educate my mind and stomach not to expect confectionery on a daily basis.

Don't have the bars if you belong to a prayer group! :eek: lol I sounded like Mount Vesouvious!!(or however you spell it!)... lol;)

As for gaining with them... deffo not me- I had the running troskies when I ate them - which is actually (for me) much better than being bunged up!:rolleyes: :eek:

Not having them this week so will see if that makes any difference, but hard to tell... think they are higher in carbs or something..:confused: umm... Cdc's will know:)

Ohh, also... I think our body weight fluctuates on a daily basis anyway so if I were you I would quit the daily scale hopping (if you can ;) ) and, as long as you know you've stuck to the plan, wait for that wonderful surprise on weigh in night!:D

Last edited:
The bars do have a slightly higher carb content than the packs, so some people prefer not to have them as they feel that it slows down their weight loss (and yes, some report that they have a mild laxative effect).

Personally, I don't find that they affect my weight loss and I couldn't live without them!

Personally, I don't find that they affect my weight loss and I couldn't live without them!

Ditto and a great big AMEN to that Isobel!! ;)

I'm with you and debbie on this one - wouldn't have enjoyed the diet half as much without the bars............would even go so far as to say I'd seriously have considered murder if anyone had tried to pinch mine
confused0085.gif
happy0192.gif
happy0192.gif
happy0192.gif

I'm with you and debbie on this one - wouldn't have enjoyed the diet half as much without the bars............would even go so far as to say I'd seriously have considered murder if anyone had tried to pinch mine
confused0085.gif
happy0192.gif
happy0192.gif
happy0192.gif

And no judge in the land would have convicted you demon!! It would be a case of completely justifiable homocide in my opinion!! :D

Back