A serious question about the bars !

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Cavycrazy, 10 November 2006 Social URL.

1. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is it possible that the bars just dont suit some people on this diet ??

I only ask due to somethings that have happened to me this week on introducing them.

I had my first one on Sunday, one on Monday and one on Tuesday as well as my normal water, and a shake and soup a day. Nothing else different!

By monday I had gone up 1lb on my own scale. :eek:
    Tuesday it was the same... 1lb increase. I also noticed the bars made my stomach gurgle, go to the loo and lots of unpleasant wind. :p

I decided Tuesday night not to have any more and see what happened if I cut them back out!

Wednesday tummy ok, back on the soups/shakes.
    Thurdsay feeling a bit iffy! ((see light headed post)) but passed by afternoon. Just had normal shakes/soups!

Friday today, feeling ok and my scales are going back down!!

Do you think its just a coincidence that the bars gave me a slight increase + stall ?? and now am back on the shakes/soups my body prefers them!

I just be barking totally up the wrong tree here so looking for others views on it. !!

Deb

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
    Hun a few peeps do find that the bars dont aggree with them and they can have simular symptoms 2 u.
    I know when i had the bars i had the gurgling noise in my belly and gave me the runs.

I dont think the bars can make u increase in weight but they could disagree with u.

If you are happy to have not them then just stick to the packs instead u know what works best for your body.

Take care xxx

4. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi Deb

I don't get on too well with the bars either. Luckily I prefer the soups and shakes anyway. I introduced my first half a bar after 3 months and was OK with half a bar but have tummy trouble with more. I also find they can start me off with food cravings too. If I have a bar now I tend to have it in the evening when I have cravings less and could go to bed if feeling restless food wise.

Hope this solves your prob.

Dizzy x

5. Piper

Piper Regular Member

I prefer not to do bars - I've tasted them but they just dont do it for me so I didn't try them again but I know on LL I had to stop the bars because they gave me wind LOL

6. Mrs Bean

Mrs Bean Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I prefer not to have the bars. I love them but they give me major food cravings and a rumbly tum!

Good luck to you

xx

7. clairejen

clairejen Lurker

Diet:
    SIRTfood
    I don't get any problems with the bars but prefer to only have half a bar a day, mostly because I want to educate my mind and stomach not to expect confectionery on a daily basis.

8. FatFairNForty(ish)

FatFairNForty(ish) Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    Don't have the bars if you belong to a prayer group! :eek: lol I sounded like Mount Vesouvious!!(or however you spell it!)... lol;)

As for gaining with them... deffo not me- I had the running troskies when I ate them - which is actually (for me) much better than being bunged up!:rolleyes: :eek:

Not having them this week so will see if that makes any difference, but hard to tell... think they are higher in carbs or something..:confused: umm... Cdc's will know:)

Ohh, also... I think our body weight fluctuates on a daily basis anyway so if I were you I would quit the daily scale hopping (if you can ;) ) and, as long as you know you've stuck to the plan, wait for that wonderful surprise on weigh in night!:D

Last edited: 10 November 2006
  9. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

The bars do have a slightly higher carb content than the packs, so some people prefer not to have them as they feel that it slows down their weight loss (and yes, some report that they have a mild laxative effect).

Personally, I don't find that they affect my weight loss and I couldn't live without them!

10. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Ditto and a great big AMEN to that Isobel!! ;)

11. demon

demon Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I'm with you and debbie on this one - wouldn't have enjoyed the diet half as much without the bars............would even go so far as to say I'd seriously have considered murder if anyone had tried to pinch mine [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Me too....couldnt be doing this diet without the bars!! I dont have one every day cos I dont ever get enough from my CDC, but they are fab!!!

13. FatFairNForty(ish)

FatFairNForty(ish) Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source

ooerrr... note to not upset you!;) ;) ;)

14. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    And no judge in the land would have convicted you demon!! It would be a case of completely justifiable homocide in my opinion!! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.