A serious question

Did the doc give you any more help other than 'take these pills'? Have you any ideas as to how you can combat the depression? Or the root cause?

Have you been feeling better since they told you to stop trying to diet?

Wishing you well and hope you are feeling better soon. You will need to give the tablets time to kick in mind

so, what are you planning on doing next? do you have a diet plan in mind? you said you were doing well on being sensible on the lead up to the docs so what now?

abz xx

Not sure what now, trying to find a way out of the catch 22, to down to diet, but unless I lose some of this weight I won't feel any better. I think I'll give things a couple of weeks and hope that the pills do make a difference.

Did the doc give you any more help other than 'take these pills'? Have you any ideas as to how you can combat the depression? Or the root cause?

Have you been feeling better since they told you to stop trying to diet?

Wishing you well and hope you are feeling better soon. You will need to give the tablets time to kick in mind

We are currently between docs, just have a series of locums, but the pharmacist says that there is a counselor in the next town away from us.

I know what the issue is, we have had 6 months that have included a financial roller coaster ride with the new farming business in Canada, a death in the family, and dealing with my knee not recovering as quickly as I hoped, in fact was told that I'll never be pain free until I get a replacement.

Losing the colt has just put the icing on a difficult year!

Hi there, Wondered if you had ever thought of a VLCD. This can be a great way of fast, safe and effective weight loss. I know many clients have struggled for years and then found this method works for them. Wishing you well on your continued search for the correct programme for you. Maggie W8 Consultant

Not sure that I'm a good candidate for VLCD, I've seen spectacular results with it but I don't know how long I could commit to that for:sigh:

Hi there,
I am 42 and weigh 15 stone. I have been overweight my entire adult life. I have been searching for two years for the answer as to why it is so hard for me to lose weight. I am more active now that I have ever been in my life. I eat healthily and last month I walked 100 miles over 9 days, and didn't eat anything extra, and didn't lose a single pound. had my thyroid checked and it is at the low end of normal. As a final resort, I am now just finishing my second week of W8, a vlcd, and at least the weight is shifting. I have come to the conclusion that it is definitely harder to lose as you get older, added to the fact that my metabolism is messed up from all the diets I have been on over the years. So I reckon a vlcd is finally bringing my calorie consumption right down, and it is bearable. I really can't believe that I have been able to stick at it and feel so calm. I am now realising that I can handle a bit of hunger and just how much I was overeating, even on healthy foods. Also, exercise is the key for me. This time I really am going to do it. At long last I feel I have found my answer.

Good luck in finding yours. Never give up looking. That simply is not an option.

hey hon. any luck with these pills of yours? have you made a decision on your plan of action? hope things have cheered up for you a bit...

abz xx

As a life long yo-yo dieter, I'm at a loss as to how VLCD can work in the long-term? I have absolutely NO problem cutting my cals down, and can easily cope on 800-900cals a day, but every single site I've been on tells me to stay on 1200 or so or I'll damage my body. So I try my darnest to get those cals into me healthily. I'm having lots of trouble losing though- I think its a combination of my low low cal diet and my thyroid. I was averaging 1lb a week or so then after two weeks eating low I plateaued and started to gain again- with NO change to my diet (which makes me think my thyroid is acting up again?)but its SOooo disheartening. In the last 3weeks I gained the 6lbs it had taken me 8wks to lose! So I don't understand how someone eating a VLCD can keep the weight off long-term? :confused:Surely when you start eating 'normally' again it'll all go back on? Maybe theres a medical way around it I don't know about?

you shouldn't gain weight when you finish a vlcd as long as you only eat the cals it takes to maintain your body. you will initially gain the weight of the food you are eating again and the water weight that you've lost, so you are probably carrying excess water rather than fat...

abz xx

So how much would you expect to gain afterwards? I'm guessing maybe 2-3lbs food weight and maybe the same in water...that sounds a lot?...

not really. i think that's why you move up the cd plans so that you continue to lose but you're body will stabalise it's water weight and the food weight too... i have a long way to go so i'm not talking from experience, but to be honest i've just had a weigh in where i lost 1 lb but lost a total of about 3.5 inches, so your size may not change even if your weight goes up a bit?

abz xx

Ahh..that makes sense, sort of? I've never looked into it, I was just curious? Thanks!

Back