A Slimmer Stacy in 2012!

stacy87

Silver Member
Here I am, starting afresh in 2012 :) so a new start means a fresh, new diary!

Each time I post in here I want to point out positive things from that day. I'm hoping it will keep my motivation up and keep me going on my journey :)

So I weighed myself this morning and I weighed in at 13st 5lbs (4lb gain).

My positives for today are:

1) went shopping and bought some fruit for work tomorrow

2) went out for a walk with the dog (and doing a fitness DVD tonight)

3) I've switched to a smaller dinner plate to reduce my portion sizes

Think that is it for now, so I will leave it at that :)

Here's to a healthy and successful 2012!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Thank you both :) and I hope the same for you too

Today has been pretty rubbish! Not food-wise, just other things! So I'm surprised I haven't gone crazy with food, as I am normally an emotional eater.

It has been so windy outside today, so I haven't been out all day - and haven't done any exercise at all today. So that's one bad point of the day!

Positives for today are:

1) I have drank a lot of water today!

2) I am still sticking with my smaller dinner plate

Unfortunately I think that's it for the positives for today. But there is always tomorrow to do better :)

I'm trying hard not to get too upset about what's happened today, because I don't want to start this year off feeling like I do!

Anyhoo, roll on Wednesday! :) lol

Good luck, Stacy - I too am drinking more water and having a smaller dinner plate :D - little changes all add up!

I might take a leaf out of your book and start using smaller dinner plates!

Sorry you've had a bad day - putting a stop to the emotional eating is a huge step. I struggle with that too.

Yes exactly, small changes to make a big difference!

I don't even notice a hungry feeling after eating on a smaller plate. I would've thought that I would be hungry later at night. Maybe because I allow myself a little bit of chocolate after dinner, that's satisfying me enough.

So tonight was tough! Mum had ordered chinese for us - without telling us (if she had asked what I wanted for dinner, I would have just made something else for myself!). But I stuck to my guns and had my smaller dinner plate. There was a temptation once I had finished, to just top up another plate-ful, but I didn't! I just got up and put my plate away. And I didn't treat myself after dinner tonight either, since the chinese was a treat!

No exercise today though - I really need to try and motivate myself better to exercise! I'm back at work tomorrow though (until just after lunch), so will get my walk up to work and back, and I am planning on going for a walk at lunchtime too.

Positives for today:

1) I have only had one biscuit as a snack all day

2) I did not have extra helpings with our chinese dinner, and still used my smaller plate

That's it for today I think! I haven't had as much water as I would have liked today, so I aim to drink more of that tomorrow - which should be easier, as I carry a bottle of water with me at work all the time!

Hey Stacey, every time I come back to minis your on here with a new diary! Lol

I'm back now, got to get a grip this time, I'm on the silver diary section again.
You not posted for few days so does that mean your being naughty again???!!!

Good luck this time around x

Hi Karen! Oh I know, so many new diaries!! lol

No I'm not being naughty :D just been busy the past few days. Will do a longer post here later once I'm home from work to catch up! :)

Hope you're doing ok? X

Hello, good luck. Sounds like you're on the right track xxx

Evening everyone!

Well I have been AWOL for a few days, as I've been quite busy! But I'm glad to say that I am still on plan with my food and exercise :)

Yesterday, I tried out Zumba for the wii (but didn't really enjoy that), and tonight I started doing my kettleworx DVD's again. I have had a really bad headache for the past few days though. It only seems to come on when I'm at work though! I think it's either my boss stressing me out, or just boredom when I am there.

So, my positives for today:

1) I have drank around 2 litres of water

2) I did a 20 minute walk today (to and from work), and my kettleworx DVD tonight

3) I'm still using my smaller dinner plate, and having no problems with the smaller portions :)

Oh, I weighed myself on Monday, and in my first week I lost 3lbs. That was without exercise too! Just from seriously reducing my junk food intake! So I hope that I will have good results after this week, with me adding in exercise :)

Well done on the loss :D Have you tried the Zumba DVDS? I didn't like the wii version but loved the DVDs and found them much easier!x

Well done on the loss :D Have you tried the Zumba DVDS? I didn't like the wii version but loved the DVDs and found them much easier!x

Thank you :)

I haven't tried the DVD's - can't actually afford them :( And don't want to embarass myself with my lack of rhythm at a class! lol

Another good day today! :)

It's been great being off work for the past couple of days. The past few days that I've been in work, I have had really bad headaches. I think it's my boss stressing me out though! But they do get bad - verging on migraines :(

But I am looking forward to my birthday and my night out on Saturday :)

So, my positives for today:

1) Have drank just over a litre of water
2) Still sticking with my smaller dinner plate
3) I bought some fresh fruit for the next few days
4) I did my kettleworx DVD tonight

So a good few positives on there for today! Here's to the rest of the week being just as good!

hi stacy, have come back to minimins (missed you all to much) :D
hope you are doing well :)

Morning IL - so glad to see you back! :) I hope you are doing well?

I've not been doing well at all this week, but it is totm, so hopefully get back to normal once it's over! :) xx

Back