A SS+ question re Quorn and Tofu

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lexie_dog, 12 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    Okay so far have been fine on SS+, really enjoying it so far. Got a couple of questions though.

We can have:

Quorn
    Mince
    Pieces
    Chicken style Fillets
    Are there any other types allowable?

Just curious for the variety, no biggie as am aware theres loads more on the list to eat other than just Quorn and Tofu.

Tofu

I am aware that this would be the plain stuff (and not the marinated stuff), but steamed? I assume its the solid stuff and not the silken tofu, but if possible is it acceptable to cube it and dry fry it instead of steaming like I do my Quorn pieces?

And not wanting to appear "in yer face" like but if not, why not?

Thank you in advance.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wellandgood

wellandgood Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.38%)
    Diet:
    WW points
    Of course dry fry the tofu. what difference would it make? Your not adding any oil etc... Quorn, you can use any of the pieces and the mince but the breaded chickens and things with extra added onion I think would be a no go. Read the ingredience. i have used quorn with my family for years and we love it all but for now i must limit myself to certain products only. what you planning with the tofu? I find it hard without soya sauce. would be curious to know how to prepare it well and tastey coz it can be bland, I love the smoked but i guess that is a nono because it is actually an added Flavouring as apposed to really being smoked.

4. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    don't know yet, was thinking either using boullion as a spice, within the recommended 1tsp per day, to dry fry it with instead of usual curry spices, and celery with it, sliced and added in as the stir fry. Just means I'm eating it instead of drinking it? Just the list said "steamed" so found it a tad confusing.

(I love the escalopes with a passion, and Asdas own branded Quorn is really nice but too calorie/carb dense for CD so didn't buy it)

I was curious if any of the cold Quorn meats would be alright, I know the breaded stuff is out, as I thik are the burgers, but just curious.

Really enjoying this SS+

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.