A Stone To Go

yeah, I think once I get to goal I'll be perfect during the week so I can 'indulge' a little at the weekend ... I won't go mad or anything, but I certainly won't worry about it at weekends :)

That way I can get back to having some sort of life! Need to get out there and find myself a man!! ;)

xx

I don't ride. It's worse than that. I have to run along side the nag while my little peeps are riding! It's ok until the instructor start chatting and forgets we're all jogging in trot. 3 laps of the school and i need oxygen!

Excellent, when we all have this last pesky stone licked we can launch the find Sharon a man challenge - how exciting, you look pretty gorgeous to me so after this diet it's gonna be a doddle hun xxx

GTTS you make me laugh, got such a funny picture of you slowly fading away as the horses ride on - but think of the exercise I bet it's doing you the world of good as well as half killing you!

Gx

Ah thanks Porgeous! I'm sooo done with being single now, so after christmas I'm getting myself back out there!

GTTS - that's hilarous! Good exercise, I bet! :)

Where to start?
Well, I had a completely rubbish week, was feeling really ill at the beginning of the week and overdid my carbs, then COMPLETELY lost the plot at the weekend.
This afternoon I had decided that was it. I'm feeling so fed up at the moment, mostly to do with being away from rather than the diet. I was going to go to my weigh in tonight, not get weighed (because the outcome would be too depressing) and just take a break and maintain till I could get my head straight.
So I went to the counsellor's, and there was another girl there who's about the same stage I am and had had an equally bad week. She'd put on 4lbs. So I braved the scales and had stay the same (well, put on a quarter of a lb, which is nothing considering, and I might still be in the running to make my target for the November challenge). And all of a sudden, after a week of abject misery, everything was OK again and no idea why, will try to psychoanalyse in due course.
Needless to say I don't think this means my head's straight (LOL) but I have 3 weeks left so I figure I do the best that I can for as long as I can (with 6 lunches in the next two weeks will not be ideal).
At the end of the day I'm a healthy weight, I'm the dress-size I want to be and while there are still some bits that aren't ideal and I haven't reached my 'goal weight' (which, at the end of the day, is pretty much an arbitrary figure to me anyway) I'm going to follow Gorgeous Georgie's example and try not to put too much pressure on myself while my head and bod adjust to everything that's been going on.
3 more weeks, and I get my real life back - I hope it still fits, I'm about two dress sizes smaller than when I left it!
Anyway, outpouring over. Hope your weigh-in produced more of a result than mine Georgie-Porgie, and that everyone else is finding their way through their last stone adjustment OK!

Hi everyone

It can be soo hard at time can't it Claire, first we have the physical battle, then the mental one and then both come along at once. Your attititude is great - you are a healthy weight and that is what you should focus on and not the scales. The important part for us all now is learning how to eat healthily and not revert to old habits and to learn to love and live with our new bods - so yeah you your approach is perfect. I'm so glad the scales were good to you and that is seems to have lifted your spirits.

My WI was disappointing with only 1lb off but I too am focusing on the bigger picture of learning how to eat well and letting the weight sort itself out!!

Georgie
xx

Thats what we need to be doing girls. Look at the bigger picture.
We are all so close to goal and rather than just focusing on that need to look at the life beyond..... Oh look at me all philosophical (Ahhh Spell Check!)

Its akin to all the planning that goes on about having a baby. Everyone gives oodles of advice for one 12hr period of your life as though it all stops there. Its just the beginning. So we should be thinking ahead and planning life after CD 'cos thats the rest of our lives.

I think i need to go and lay down now. Far too much thought has gone into this for me!

Hi Ladies, I'm hoping to join you after the results of my WI on Friday, I should have 1 stone or just over then, I do jump on the scales most mornings though and for the past couple of weeks it's been very slow. my goal is 8st 13lb and I think I'll be around 10st ish on Friday. Hopefully then I can start moving up through the stages as I am missing food a bit now, I'll have been doing CD for 7 weeks on Friday and started off at 12st 3lb.

Hi all,

Lost 2.5 this week, which I'm pleased with, so I can now officially stay in this post :D:rolleyes:

Never thought I'd get this far - I'm thrilled :)

Porgeous - 1lb on 1000 is good! keep it up :) Are you doing another week of 1000?

Dawnyblue - welcome and good luck!

GTTS - good advice, thanks :)

Clarelesley - I was the same last week! I didn't cheat, but I'd had enough!! got weighed, then that evening I was fine, ready to do another week. Weird isn't it!

I'm onto aamw this week then 790 next. hopefully will never have to do SS again (but then again I should never say never! :rolleyes:)

Afternoon all

Well done Sharon on 2.5lbs that brillopads!! Never is exactly the right word - positive mental attitude - none of us will ever have to SS again.

Thanks Claire and how are you getting on today hun, feeling back on track?

GTTS - fab post - couldn't have put it better.

Welcome on board Dawn - good to have you.

Not much happening this end, have joined the green tea club at long last and had my first cup this morning. I am hoping for miracles of wellbeing and health!

How is everyone else today?

Gxx

Green tea - hmmm not sure I'll be joining that one - if it was the 'diet coke club' then I'm in! :rolleyes:

I'm good - working at home today, so have had my 790 meal for lunch. Mmmmm chicken and pickled cabbage - was lovely (now that's a sentence I never thought I'd hear myself say!) then had a shake, mixed and frozen into 'truffles' for afters - getting a bit addicted to them now!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

xx

Am feeling very positive today thank you!
Have just started my 3rd litre of water (+cup of peppermint tea +cup of rooibos tea) and am snuggled in front of my work pc with my wool wrap and my fluffy purple hot water bottle. My 'boss' is out of the office all today and tomorrow, I've made good headway with the consultation response I'm preparing and so all is well with the world!
:D
Also pasted my 'Going Home' ticker onto my work desktop so that I can gaze lovingly at it even when I'm not on Mini's.
Good luck with your Green Tea! If you share with SFL she might give you some truffles and it'd be a proper afternoon tea party. I could bring....er.....fizzy water?
:party0016:

Hi Girls.

4lbs down for me today so i'm chuffed with that.

Brillopads GTTS 4lbs is fabby - Well done hun!

Gxx

3lbs for me this week. Which I'm dead chuffed as it was AAMW. starting 790 this week! yay!

How are the rest of you getting on????

xxxx

2lbs down, so just scraped through my 'November Challenge' goal, but very pleased coz I honestly didn't feel like I'd lost anything!
I've got two lunches this week and three next week so will be happy just to maintain!
Then I'm HOOOOMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!

Well done on your 2lbs and your November challenge!

I've got loads of xmas lunches/do's coming up over next few weeks so i think my losses will slow a bit too!

Are you going back to Edinburgh for good or just for Xmas? I love Edinburgh - have only been a few times (my best mate is from Balerno, just on outskirts) but it's gorgeous :)

xx

Back