A SW/Work Related/People are moron's Rant

Teenyweeny

Hi

Well I started SW on Monday and decided whilst I wasnt going to tell the world and his mum about being on it I would mention it to the people in my office so they would know why i am scoffing fruit all day and saying no to cakes.....

Today (being Friday and payday) I have had a few treats (i.e. a two finger kit kat and some quavers and a roll (All synned and HE as need be for me to be able to stick on track))

My manager has felt it neccessary to comment on all 3 of these things (eaten at different times of the day)

"oooooo are you allowed bread on your DIET"
"should you be having a kit kat on your diet"
"hmmmm crips, surely they arent DIET friendly"
I am not joking, I could swing for her! She is 53, a size 6 and never eats anything but 2 ryvitas for lunch.... "i prefer to have a proper meal and wine so save my points for that, I am only allowed 17 a day dont ya know" I am twice the size of her and she likes to mention it. "oooo I couldnt wear that cos i am so small, it looks good on bigger people"

Love - poke it, you are getting on my tits!

I have eaten nothing but fruit, eggs and salads in work for the rest of the week so why am I know feeling bad cos of her comments. I wish I hadnt said anything

rant over! :mad:

x

I must admit, I had to laugh at that bit too.

You have my every sympathy ....... I work with people like that too, as soon as you mention you're on a diet, they seem to think its their god given right to comment on everything you shove in yer gob.

Tell her that a few treats now and again are good for you .......because you have youth on your side!!!! lol

xx

Hahaha - well said!!

As for the stupid manager...she is obviously an old bat who gets her kicks out of bringing others down - maybe insecurity about her age?

Is she a bit of a 'glam' lady? By that I mean Dorian Green?!

And as for her not eating....if you can't eat what you want in your 50's when you do expect to start packing on a bit of extra weight when can you?!

God woman get a life!!

And as for her getting on your tits - at least you have some!

Good luck teenyweeny!

Hahaha - well said!!

As for the stupid manager...she is obviously an old bat who gets her kicks out of bringing others down - maybe insecurity about her age?

Is she a bit of a 'glam' lady? By that I mean Dorian Green?!

And as for her not eating....if you can't eat what you want in your 50's when you do expect to start packing on a bit of extra weight when can you?!

God woman get a life!!

And as for her getting on your tits - at least you have some!

Good luck teenyweeny!

OMG this cheered me right up, and do you know what? you have knoeked the nail right on the head - she is dorian green! totally and utterly but I never saw it before now lol

I dont mind the comments as I guess it keeps me aware of what I am eating, it is the whole smug "my ww/non eating way is better than your eat all day way and that is why i am small and you are not"

grrrr - I dont critcise her for not eating all day, so leave me alone

Thanks for the comments peeps, made me :D again x

[LEFT said:
bobbedazzler[/LEFT];2482117]

Tell her that a few treats now and again are good for you .......because you have youth on your side!!!! lol

xx

That made me laugh:D

For the same reason, I have not told ANYBODY (except husband and kids) that I am going to SW for exactly the same reason. One day I will have to tell them ...... when I'm slinking into a size 16 :D:D

The woman who sits next to me at work would comment on every single thing I was eating if I told her. Her nose appears over our desk partition every lunch time to see what I am eating and asks every week how much I lost. I know she probably means well, but 'it does my 'ead in'!!!

She has made a few comments about me eating a lot of fruit and drinking lots of water, but she dare not ask if I am on a diet for risk of offending me;)

People like that are like sand up your bum..... bloody annoying, and a real irritant if you don't get rid of them.

Next time she asks 'Are you allowed BREAD on your diet?', just say "Yes, why aren't you?? Ooooh you poor thing!!"

Next time she asks 'Should you be having a kit kat on your diet?', just say "Yes. I've been advised to have one everyday." After all, if a kit kat a day keeps you on plan... :D

Next time she asks 'Hmmmm crips, surely they arent DIET friendly?', just say "These one's ARE actually. In fact, there's quite a selection. Surely you can have these on YOUR plan?"

THEN you can start making comments like,

Yes, and when I get home I'm having a curry (Syn free, made the SW way, she'll never know!!)

When she says things like 'Oooo I couldn't wear that cos I am so small, it looks good on bigger people.', just say "I know. You need curves/an ass to fill/boobs to make this look good. I'm so glad I'm able to pull it off."

When she's sat having her two Ryvitas for lunch, sit next to her. Take out your sandwich, yoghurt, fruit, kit kat, crisps, pasta salad, carrot batons and syn free dip. Just look at what she is eating and say "Ooh I'm sorry. I forgot. You can't have all this on your diet. Do you want me to move?" :D :D :D :D

Oh, and the biggest payback?..... Start making your award stickers your wallpaper on your PC!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Glad you liked that DD lol

where abouts in lovely Devon are you? I am from Torbay orginally

Born and bred Devonian hun - was born in Torquay (only lived there for 6 months) but family still there and now in Plymouth xxx

People like that are like sand up your bum..... bloody annoying, and a real irritant if you don't get rid of them.

Next time she asks 'Are you allowed BREAD on your diet?', just say "Yes, why aren't you?? Ooooh you poor thing!!"

Next time she asks 'Should you be having a kit kat on your diet?', just say "Yes. I've been advised to have one everyday." After all, if a kit kat a day keeps you on plan... :D

Next time she asks 'Hmmmm crips, surely they arent DIET friendly?', just say "These one's ARE actually. In fact, there's quite a selection. Surely you can have these on YOUR plan?"

Yes, and when I get home I'm having a curry (Syn free, made the SW way, she'll never know!!)

When she says things like 'Oooo I couldn't wear that cos I am so small, it looks good on bigger people.', just say "I know. You need curves/an ass to fill/boobs to make this look good. I'm so glad I'm able to pull it off."

When she's sat having her two Ryvitas for lunch, sit next to her. Take out your sandwich, yoghurt, fruit, kit kat, crisps, pasta salad, carrot batons and syn free dip. Just look at what she is eating and say "Ooh I'm sorry. I forgot. You can't have all this on your diet. Do you want me to move?" :D :D :D :D

Oh, and the biggest payback?..... Start making your award stickers your wallpaper on your PC!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! you have made me feel back to my normal self again lol I think I wouldnt have been so :mad: if it wasnt my first week but hey, I know what I am doing so stop questioning me all the time!!!! grrrrr

Love the sand comment tee hee and totally sitting next to her next week

I bought all my food in on monday and she said "oh wow that is a lot of food" I said "yeah I know and it is all free on sw" lol

x

take 4 ryvita a bit of cheese and tell her thats your hex then pull a mountain of free food out and munch the lot telling her this is all free food :) oh thats right u cant have this on your diet

"Love, poke it" - is absolutely hilarious!!!!

Just ignore her - she is on a diet, you are on a healthy eating plan. Totally different - our is a change for life, a journey to get us to our goals. Her diet is faddy and not sustainable long term.

Tell her to stick that on her Ryvitas!!!! haha!

Lots of love, Ellebear x

roflmao good comebacks! will keep in mind if ever i need tham lol

Hi

My manager has felt it neccessary to comment on all 3 of these things (eaten at different times of the day)

My line manager used to do this and it used to really annoy me as he'd do it over and over again (and still does occassionally) - i can't get it into his head that the odd "treat" is what syns are for (though i'll typically refer to them as "points" to make it easier rather then having to explain syns to him).

In your case - sounds more like she doesn't want to attempt to understand your choice of food plan (i.e. food optimising) or is, as others put it, quite simply jealous. But Food Optimising is all about having little weighing/measuring to do, and having as much free food as required to fill us up :)

When I was employed (now am working for myself) I worked with a few people that really upset me, so I know exactly how you feel. One that really got me wound up was a really large lady told me that SW does not work. She never tried it so had no right to comment. She swang between eating lettuce leaves and filling her face with every conceivable unhealthy food she could lay her hands on, and she spend a fortune on every exercise gadget that came out, and never used.
When I left, I was a few pounds from my target but never received a nice comment from her. However, I met with a colleague who still works there and have been advised that she has put on at least 2 stone since and has an extra chin! I haven't seen her since, but would love to waggle my size 8/10 bum in her face and show that SW DOES work and is the greatest!
Please don't let those people worry you hun. You will be slim soon, and they will always be morons! xxx

Well this thread is rearing its ugly head again as I have had a peaceful week with the boss off so no "comments" but she is back today, and I have already had to stop myself killing her with a fork! argh lol

I have just eaten a j spud with tuna and someone else has had said "mmmm that smells nice" she said "what is it" I said and she said "oooo are you allowed that on your diet" I ignored her while others in the office laughed as they had commented last week on how she has to make comments all the time at everything i eat.

I will not sit and explain to her how sw works as she is adamant WW is the best plan ever! and wont listen to anything I say anyway

but why do people have to be like that, granted I am probably more sensitive as i weigh almost double what she weighs so there is no threat of me being thinner than her anytime soon :-(

I will not let things like this get me down (and scoff chocolate) but it really annoys and upsets me, I would hardly eat it if it wasnt allowed - but hey guess what... on SW nothing is banned and everything is allowed

*sigh*

I have a long journey ahead of me and i so dont need this

RANT OVER LOL
x

i think one of the best comments i had was i was tucking into my completely free sw curry at lunch and one of the people i was working with said (whilst tucking into macdonalds) oooh curry thats not healthy is it

i nearly choked on my dinner

i think one of the best comments i had was i was tucking into my completely free sw curry at lunch and one of the people i was working with said (whilst tucking into macdonalds) oooh curry thats not healthy is it

i nearly choked on my dinner

lmao I am soooooo glad I am not the only one, but OMG it is very, very annoying!

x

Back