A tad disappointed...

BeeBeeSee

Gold Member
Good Morning everyone, so it was my WI this morning. And after yet another week of TS I only lost 2lbs. I must say, although better off than on, I am a bit disappointed, had hoped for more, seeing as it's quite hard work. I wonder whether I'm still not quite in ketosis, maybe the products are a bit high in carbs for me. Anyone else has had the same problem of slow losses despite sticking to it like glue?

2lbs is still a really good loss but are there any other things that might be affecting you? TOTM coming up? Drinking enough water? Too much salt that might make you retain water? Any exercise? Sometimes it just takes your body a few weeks to start burning fat efficiently once you start the diet.

Yea I have been thinking about what could affect my weight loss, it's not TOTM coming up quite yet. I don't exercise at all, other than walk as much as I can, maybe I should take it up again. I used to do Pilates regularly which is so gentle so I might try that again a few times a week. You're right of course it is a good loss. I suppose I mustn't compare myself, just go at the pace my body is going.

Is it your second or third weigh in? As on most diets they are usually less due to having such a good loss week one. Give it another couple of weeks... I bet next weeks weigh in will be totally satisfying. x x

Hi - I generally only get small losses after the initial week and it does feel disheartening that I get a 1 or a 2 when others get 4's etc but this time I'm determined to love every pound until I get there because they will eventually add up - it'll just take bloody longer and we'll have to stay focused - easier said than done i know all too well x

Any pound off is a pound off forever. I would probably be disheartened too, but I'm sure if you hang in there you will get a good loss. We are all so different and our bodies react in different ways and while its human nature to compare our selves to others we really should n't. Xxx

Yes you're right *sigh* Thanks though :) I've upped my water intake a bit more too and other than that try to just not worry about it. At the end of the day, I know I've got a lot to lose so it's going to be TS for a long time.

And yes, it's my second WI :)

Dont worry at all Bee! your 2nd weigh in is normally a smaller one after a big loss on the first week!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I never used to be a daily weigher and I'm trying not to weigh myself every day, but now with accurate scales and all, I find going on it every so often in between weigh in's it's actually quite a kick to see it gradually coming down. even if it's just half a pound or something but you know it's working. And I'm nearly NEARLY below 15 now, half a pound to go :bliss: Definitely a first mile stone.

ahhh half a pound!! itll defo be gone by monday!! i LOVE dropping a stone section!!!! wooohooo im all excited for ya lol

ahhh half a pound!! itll defo be gone by monday!! i LOVE dropping a stone section!!!! wooohooo im all excited for ya lol

Very excited about it. And the thought will help me through the weekend I think, when it's always hardest with a bit more time on your hands. But I've made plans to keep myself busy and will relish the thought of next WI :cool:

lol yeah weekends are tough! i spent most of it lying about but made up for it on the bank holiday monday! its a nightmare cus we are on sucha tight budget with saving every penny we have - and the fun free things are running out lol

Think of it in terms of packs of butter....... my hubbies tip to me. When you look at a pack of butter and think I've just shed that from my body, 1 and 2 pounds seem pretty bloody good lol xx

wow haha, good idea. quite gross really if you think about it. Oooooh btw I have been weighing myself daily (totally need to stop that, getting majorly obsessed) and have already come under 15st! So chuffed. That spurs me on so much to stick completely with it. Bring on next WI on Wednesday!

Hi BBS :)

Been there, done that, and it's very disappointing :(

........but, you might be surprised by the reason.

Its because we are so tall ;)!!! and have a BMR ( base metabolic rate ) to match.

Essentially we need far fewer calories to maintain basic physiological functions than a taller person, which makes the calorie deficit of a VLCD much less for us.

Dreary situation, but there we go.

I did Exante last year and lost consistently but slowly ( fell off the wagon big time, but that's another story ), so it most definitely works.

Just need to hang on in there and take it day by day.

Better off than on :D

Best of luck :)

Back