A thread for all you ladies

I did not know there were still blokes like this alive!!

Hahaha!

B x

Thanks ladies. I assure you there are some out there but they tend to be big fat guys who have to work at their personality to wooo girls, and come up with ideas like this. :)

My Hubby asked me Mum and Step Dad and I thought it would so lovely of him.

I say ask her Dad!

Sorry gatecrashed the LL forum - I love the Northern Lights idea.

Underwater would be really cool - but on a practical note - you obviously wouldn't be able to say the words properly, and carrying the ring/putting it on would be awkward/difficult/impossible and you wouldn't be able to see her face/eyes and expression when you ask her?

It would be quirky but not as romantic as wrapped up warm in the snow, under the stars and northern lights - where you could look her in the eyes, say just the right words and watch her melt!!!! Plus you could probably share the moment more privately than doing the deed then jumping back on a dive boat full of burly divers

Just my penneth worth! Good luck with it you old romantic!! Glad to see romance is not dead - and yes, definitely ask her Dad's permission!!!

Good luck with it

Carol x

I'd say go with the underwater one, but there are practicalities to get around. When you ask her (or tear off your top and mime to her lol!), she'll scream "Yes yes yes!!!" but you'll not hear it lol! You'll not see the tears of joy in her eyes and she'll not see yours as you put the ring on her finger. You'll have to wait until you are above water to seal it with a lingering kiss (in front of all those burly divers).

Sorry if I sound like I'm putting a downer on your plans, because I do agree that underwater would be a beautiful way to propose to her and so memorable too! :D I would go with the midnight NY proposal, the setting will be so romantic, you could wait until the very second you both hug at midnight and ask her as you're looking into her eyes. You'll be literally inches from each other and totally focussed on each other, nothing else, sounds so romantic to me. ;):D

Sorry, I'll butt out now.......:eek::eek:

Hmmm the logistics is the main problem with the diving one.

I can get around the not talking thing. A pritned tshirt with the question will suffice. And she doesnt have to scream. A nod or a shake of the head will do.

And considering the moment I dont really think she'll care about the burly divers.

Definately ask her Dad first - you'll get some serious brownie points from the in-laws for that! Even more if you swear them to secrecy until after you have asked her!

I actually love the T-shirt idea, think the underwater one has far to many external influences which could ruin the moment.

But then I'm a boring old married woman (was going to say old f*rT but DQ would probably have told me off for that)

I don't think you can go wrong whichever you decide to do dave, she'l be sooooo excited what kind of ring you gttin? my proposals both times were nothing special and i wish at least 1 had been :(

sounds very nice and u cant go wrong with a solitaire:)
I've been hinting for an eternity ring its my birthday on thurs - but nope im getting tickets to see west side story (which is lovely) but not same is it?? we went by a jewellers on sat and he said do you want to look? whats that about???

Hmmm the logistics is the main problem with the diving one.

I can get around the not talking thing. A pritned tshirt with the question will suffice. And she doesnt have to scream. A nod or a shake of the head will do.

And considering the moment I dont really think she'll care about the burly divers.

I was going to suggest that. But you beat me too it.

There is always a solution to logistics. ;)

Ok - sorry to butt in (I'm from SW section!) but under no circumstances do the underwater thing. No no no! You'll lose the ring, her hair will be a mess, she won't have her make-up on, etc etc. This just from a (high maintenance) girly point of view though. But yes yes yes, ask the dad - he'll love it, big brownie points (oooh, just thought, what do you do if he says no? - only joking!).
Hope it all goes well for you however you decided to do it - good luck.

Ok - sorry to butt in (I'm from SW section!)
:whoopass: hehehe - totally kidding! Hello dieting neighbour of ours! :D

but under no circumstances do the underwater thing. No no no! You'll lose the ring, her hair will be a mess, she won't have her make-up on, etc etc. This just from a (high maintenance) girly point of view though.

Sod the makeup - its such a cool way to get engaged! Then she can get all girly for the romantic night that will surely follow!!! Ooooh la la!

:D

personaly for me it would be the new years eve but only cause i accepted my bfs question to become his girlfried at 11.36 new years eve so i could start the new year off really good!! so for me to be proposed on new years eve would seal it!!

i think which ever U think would be more suited for ye and ur relationship...i think most people think one idea themselves would suit each relationship!! so which suggestion suits yers more...if ya no what i mean lol

Do you all wanna hear the latest?

Ironically, she broke up with me last night.

Her reason?????? I was not committed to having a future with her. And if it was up to me we'd drift along as boyfriend and girlfriend forever.

Ironic eh.

Oh Dave, I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you tell her your plans?

I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Pants.

Any chance of a reconciliation?

If the real reason for her breaking up with you is because of her thoughts of you being none commital then surely that changes things?

She would have got what she wanted, ie YOU!

Yes it changed the whole route of the conversation but by that time the damage had been done. We are spending a few days apart for her to think about what happened. And whether it really is the commital thing like she said. If it is then we will get back together and probably go ahead for Thailand.

If it isnt then we will just make the split permanent.

Quite ironic how all the ladies in this post said theyd marry me as it was so romantic. Well nows your chance :(

Back