A thread to track my progress

TheHound

Hello everyone,

My name is Jaxon and i have just started the Exante man plan LCD. This is not my first time though, i tried it back in 2015 with good results...to then screw it up and gain all the weight back i lost. I did it for about 3 1/2 weeks and lost about 1 stone 4lbs. Unfortunately, over the last two years i have gained quite a bit of timber with bad eating habits, alcohol and lack of exercise!

I'm 23 later this year and i really need to get rid of the weight that has been dragging me down for so long now. I currently weigh 15 stone 9lbs and wish to get down to 10 stone 10lbs to then gain any initial weight back up to 11 stone.

I am taking 3 Exante products a day (2 shakes and 1 bar) and also an alternative meal consisting of olives, walnuts, tuna etc. My job is good for activity and i will introduce additional exercise gradually to what i can do with the amount of calories being consumed.

My target is to get to my desired weight within 4 months - End of November so hopefully this will be a success! I am hugely motivated to sort this out and completely change my lifestyle.

I thought joining this forum and updating regularly will keep me motivated and hopefully encourage others and build support!

All good so far! Haven't broken the diet and been very strict with myself. The hunger has been difficult to sustain but i have managed to get through it. I have had a revitalizing feeling on this diet, i seem to have a lot more energy!

If anyone is reading this thread, can anyone give me their viewpoints on the amount of carbs in the exante products? they seem to be quite high for a keto diet. 3 products a day result in 60+ carbs a day which doesn't sound optimal for ketosis. I have read between 0-30 carbs a day should the amount consumed to hit this. Just wondering if anyone has ever done an accurate keto test to see if the exante products do put you in ketosis. I may modify the diet to lower the carb intake.

Monday will be the weigh in date and i look forward to it!

Today was weigh day!

Lost 8lbs in 6 days! I know it's mostly water weight but it certainly gives me motivation. It was tough adjusting to low calories and low carbs, but i smashed the first week with no cheating.

I have been varying the diet having regular low carb meals twice a day on most days. Usually consists of lean turkey/chicken, olives, walnuts and eggs. It definitely helps due to gaining a disinterest in the bars especially. They have such a distinctive taste and texture that can be off putting! Also coconut oil is a must!

I look forward to the next couple of months, hopefully a successful story of exante!

So it's day 11 and i weighed myself this morning. Came in at 14st 11lbs! So that's a total of 12lbs in less than two weeks :eek: Most likely going to hit a stone on monday!

I only have 2 Exante products a day with two regular food meals - bacon and eggs, tuna and cottage cheese, chicken and some veg etc. I keep to 200 cals each meal though.
I am going to start exercising next week - I have a rowing machine so i will do some minor HIIT work on that in the mornings as i need some sort of toning exercises.

Will keep updating and hopefully it will help anyone questioning going on Exante!

P.S. I don't feel hungry anymore and usually have to eat for the sake of getting some energy in me haha. So i believe i am in ketosis now.

You are doing so well, I think it is easier if you have a plan with food like you do as it takes away temptation and is obviously working very well for you. Have a good third week.

I had a cheat weekend unfortunately due to a friend's birthday! So lots of booze and pizza was involved which are my two biggest weaknesses.

I weighed myself Saturday before it all started and was 14 stone 6lbs! But weighed myself today and came in at 14 stone 10 lbs. So i have gained 4 lbs over the weekend, damn!

I'm sure the majority is water weight that comes with the injection of carbs! So hopefully i will lose it quickly in the next week.

I have no other events coming up for a while, so it will be a lot easier to focus!

I had a cheat weekend unfortunately due to a friend's birthday! So lots of booze and pizza was involved which are my two biggest weaknesses.

I weighed myself Saturday before it all started and was 14 stone 6lbs! But weighed myself today and came in at 14 stone 10 lbs. So i have gained 4 lbs over the weekend, damn!

I'm sure the majority is water weight that comes with the injection of carbs! So hopefully i will lose it quickly in the next week.

I have no other events coming up for a while, so it will be a lot easier to focus!

You are doing so well. Don't worry about the cheat week - the most important thing is that you get back on it, which I'm sure you will. I'm on week one, starting today.... Fingers crossed for a good weigh in for both of us next week!

Laura :)

Sorry i haven't updated for a while, been so busy!

I had so many situations where i have come on and off the diet but nothing drastic! A day here or there, but i have done well getting back on the diet and sticking to it. The last time i weighed myself was yesterday morning and came in at 14st exactly. So i am really chuffed with this. On saying that, i did have a cheat day yesterday as being a big one with lots of sociable events. Luckily i have nothing big coming up, so i can keep focused now.

Hopefully this week i will get down to 13st 10lbs then we will be at 2 stone down.

Wow it's been a while since i have updated!

Been so much going on i have totally forgotten to update here - It's all been up in the air.

I have still been sticking to the diet (mostly ;)) but had quite a few social occasions. They have mostly passed now!

So i weighed myself today and i was 13st 4lbs. I am hoping on Monday i will be nearer the 13st mark which would mean a 2st 10lbs weight loss :)

My goal is to be 12st 7lbs by the end of the month as that is a big social week for me. So things are going well!

If i had stuck to the diet 100% from when i started i think i would be about 12 and a half now. But i will get to my goal by the end of November i believe. I have no reason to give up.

My diet is still mainly consisting of regular keto foods, so if anyone is curious about coming away from the diet products - Go for it!!

Till the next update

Wow love reading people's journeys who keep updating!! You've done amazing
I am starting tomorrow is there anything else you can eat in your one meal that keeps you in ketosis? I am also parshal to a cheeky weekend I'm going to find wine and pizza very hard!

Wow love reading people's journeys who keep updating!! You've done amazing
I am starting tomorrow is there anything else you can eat in your one meal that keeps you in ketosis? I am also parshal to a cheeky weekend I'm going to find wine and pizza very hard!

Hey Mammy1, well done on taking the leap!

It will be difficult for the first 3-5 days, but it becomes so much easier after that.

Honestly, my best advice is to eat regular keto friendly food!

1. It will save you money on exante products
2. It will stop boredom on the diet/make it bareable

Also don't be too strict on the diet. What I mean is calorie wise! I have fluctuated daily with calories always 800+ but I have always lost weight consistently and usually around 4lb weekly. For a female it may be different but if you are an active person I.e. Doing stuff all the time - definitely don't feel guilty to go over the calories, you will need them!

Try aiming for under 50 carbs a day (ideally under 30) but take into account exante products have 20 carbs in them! So be careful.

I hope this helps, I have tried and tested this and it honestly had made such a difference in sticking to the diet physically and mentally!

Thank you so much for the reply
I'm going to have to have a look at what foods and carbs I'm aloud as I don't have a clue other than salad

Did a weigh in yesterday and i am now...Drum roll please...

12ST 11LBS!!!!!!!

I am so pleased with my progress, i am getting so close to the end! So that's pretty much 3st down now with only 1st 6lbs to go. Hopefully i hit this by the end of November!

Thanks to everyone that has commented and i hope you are staying strong and keeping motivated.

Will be back next week!

Well Done Jaxon, @TheHound smashing your target out the ballpark
well done bro :)

It has been ages since my last update - I have been meaning to come back to this so many times!

So i had a roller coaster of a month with a break from the diet and just being so busy.

I have been back on the diet for the past two weeks and fluctuated around the 13st mark whilst being off the diet - I thought i would pile a load back on due to being a LCD. But it was fine so it gives me peace of mind that the weight won't rebound once i have completely finished the diet.

So i currently now weigh 12st 5lbs Which i am really happy about. I only have a stone left to lose! I intend to have a break of about 3-4 days over xmas and get straight back on it. I should hit my target weight by the last week of January!At which point i will move onto a healthy eating plan and start going to the gym. I am actually excited about that!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me on this thread and i hope that everyone else on the diet see's the same results i have! I will come back to this thread most likely after the new year.

Happy New Year Jaxon!

You did very well in 2017 and I hope you get to target in 2018!

Back