A trip down Memory Lane?

I remember.....

Clothes - (Unfortunately, being the youngest of 4 meant I had to wear these clothes when they were out of fashion!)
Winkle Pickers
Pedal Pushers/Knickerbockers
Corduroy (The poor man's velvet)
Safari Suits
Scratch & Sniff T-shirts
Patches for jeans (thanks to these my hand-me-downs lasted longer )
Jumpsuits (Mine had a starsky and hutch badge my sister had Charlie's Angels)
Jeans with the coloured stripe down the side

TV
CHIPS
Mixed Blessings
Mind Your Language
Metal Mikey
George & Mildred
The Red Hang Gang
The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew
Hong Kong Phooey
Bod
Mr Ben
Bagpuss
Pipkins

Food
Sorry - I'm not going there. I can't think about food when I'm sole-sourcing

Music
5 - Star (I dyed my hair to look like them and it turned out orange)
New Edition
Disco Duck (Can't remember who sang it)
Top of The Pops Compilations

Hair
WET LOOK!!!!!!!

Mina x

confession time
i still watch george and mildred bless this house and man about the house :eek: damn paramount channel lol !

My youngest loves 'em !!hubby says they will beat her up at school if i keep letting her watch them but it amuses her teachers ! :D

I remember taking my jeans in so tight you had to have zips at the bottom to get them on & off....

Wham bars - & they were massive not like the ones oyu get now.......

Having "Now that's what I call music" numbers one to eighteen on record.

Black nail varnish, Rocky Horror, Billy Idol.....

Getting very drunk at house parties & beach parties, going to the pub & worrying about getting thrown out.....

Stardust....sherbit lemon.....pink bonbons....

Mini skirts, raraskirts, those black knitted tops which were mainly holes.....

I am sure I could go on all night!

Nicky

I can remember bunking off school with a couple of mates. By the afternoon we were bored, so decided to go to the cinema. We paid to watch some Pink Panther detective film, but actually got in to see the X film, "Come Play With Me". By today's standards it is pretty tame I suppose, but when you are an innocent lad......well I grew up that day.

Trouble is, for years after, I thought it was compulsory for there to be Benny Hill type music in the background when men and their ladies friends 'did it' (whatever did it is BTW) and of course both people had to wear their undergarments at all times. No wonder I was 35 before I became a Dad :D

Oooopps, gone O/T, sorry

I went to a party (ie "disco" in village hall) during my Adam Ant phase dressed in white pedal pushers, frilly shirt and with the red stripe across my nose and the black inverted crosses out the corner of my eyes! Thought i looked so cool.

My sister once wrote to Ed Stuart (Stewpot) to ask him to ask Donny Osmand if he could come to tea.

When i was about 6 or 7 i told my bestfriendwhoiturnedgaywhenishowedhimmyfrontbottomwheniwas4 that i was going to watch top of the pops so i couldn't come out to play. He then watched it and caught me out when he couldnt' see me so i had to admit i was lying :(

Hels x

front bottom - LMAO!!!! :D :D

When i was about 6 or 7 i told my bestfriendwhoiturnedgaywhenishowedhimmyfrontbottomwheniwas4 that i was going to watch top of the pops so i couldn't come out to play. He then watched it and caught me out when he couldnt' see me so i had to admit i was lying :(

Hels x

I had to read this 3 or 4 times!!!!! :D :D

I know exactly what you mean!!! :D

Aint that the truth! Good ones as well! :D

PMSL Hels :D

I'm sure that was the plan!! :D

Looks that way :D

Yeah....well, she's been busted! :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh gosh that reminds me when I was at school I spent about 5 minutes going around with the wrong crowd and bunked a morning off school. Ended up in Brixton (which is the other side of London!) and bumped into my Mum's friend!!!! :eek: Can you imagine when I got home??? Let's just say I never did it again!!! :D

Back