A warning if you have digital scales

Starlight

Gold Member
This might be incredibly obvious but always check your scales before you get on.

My mum keeps my scales and I wi once a week. Checked today and to my horror I'd sts.

Got off the scales and glanced at them and they were sitting at 3lbs 8oz. I let them go off and reset them and checked again and they showed a 4 lb loss

I'm probably a lot more lax when it comes to weigh ins than some lol. But I just hop on them every Sunday. I'll be checking carefully in future

ok why i ask is i had black glass salter ones and they did the same thing..

so in March brought new glass WW ones and they are fab..

yep that's why i replaced mine one's.. it's a shame as i was advised salter scales to be really good.. oh well.
Hope your's improves by next week.. if not bin them LOL x

I used to have the same problem. If they are placed on the floor they seem to measure something. Mines always measured 4lbs an had to be reset back to zero every time. I now have ww ones and I've never had this problem x

Ooh I have black glass salter scales too, but mine are 'mibody' USB scales. They always say 00.00 before I get on them. I should be safe yeah? Shame I can't blame my scales for putting on weight ;)

Great helpful post. Something to keep an eye on. Thanks :D

Yep if they're at zero your ok, from my experience it only ever happened if they were placed on the floor. If they were already sitting on the floor it didn't. If that makes sense lol x

Back