A Weigh of Life

No Wing Goes Like a Bingo Goes

I am doing a challenge - I forgot. I have a 'Big Do' in May and I have bought a beautiful frock for it (makes me feel like a glam woman - bonus!!) but it's a halter neck and I really need to do something about my bingo wings.
(It's this Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/hshiqikj - Shared by samesizedfeet - but NOT in a size 6, obv)

I found this video online last night YouTube - Tone Your Tum And Bingo Wings whilst looking for Bingo Wing Busters and figured that I own a milk bottle and I can do this for 5 minutes here or there when I feel like it. My biggest hurdle is I get really bad RSI in my right arm but I'm hoping this will be beneficial for that as well.

So, I aim to do at least 100 reps a day. Although I may just fill an old bottle up with water rather than keep taking fresh milk out the fridge.

So far today I've done 20. I have to do 7400 before my do. Erk

Good luck hun :) u can do it! xxx

Just a thought? Do u swim? I had a swim on Saturday for the first time in a long time and my bingo wings ached for 2 days after! Good luck for weigh in :)

Here are the scores from the Romanian jury........

I knew I was right not to reveal yesterday's weigh in as it is significantly different from what I weighed this morning. Not wheeling out excuses but my boobies are very tender so at a guess I'm getting an unwelcome visitor very soon.

So for my first week I got at 2lb loss. Whoop whoop. I am a bit gutted as yesterday it was 4. But there you go. It means I haven't quite ducked under the 14 stone mark - still one and a half pounds to go. That will be the biggie for me as I always get stuck around the stones.

When I started SW last year I was 14st 13lb. So this weeks loss is 20% of what i achieved last year The weight dripped off. Although my previous confessions about rewarding myself for stupid achievements still stand. Even the week before I restarted this time I rewarded myself for going a whole day without bread by having a Tunnocks Teacake. Insane.

I'm off to ikea today and instead of allowing myself a weigh in day treat I'm gonna ignore the meatballs. This is pretty major. If I manage to do it I'll know I'm there - firmly walking the path to sexy.

Zoe xx

p.s. Did my 100 reps on the milk bottle yesterday. Yowch. Just need to find something similar for tree trunk thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Measure for Measure
(an ode to Shakespeare who was overweight too. I think)

So I've done my measurements today. I know this is good all round procedure as sometimes when we're not losing as much weight as we hope we could be losing inches - but this is purely done to test my Bingo Wing Busting to see if it's working.

I also have comparative figures from about June last year which I'm going to share with you as well. Although I've probably only lost about 7 pounds since thing my size has gone down in some places.

I pay attention to all the areas I don't like as well as the standard - which is why I have thigh, calf and neck in there. I think I have a really fat neck. I don't really have anything to compare this too but I can never do up top buttons so I guess I must have.

Part Current June 10
BUST 44 43½
UNDERBUST 37¼ 38½
WAIST 37 38
HIPS 45½ 48½
THIGH 26 29
CALF 17 17½
BINGO WING 13 13
NECK 14½ 14½

I can't get that to space out properly so hope it's sort of clear. I'm quiet chuffed to have lost 3 inches off my left thigh. I can;t vouch for my right one as I only measure the left assuming the right is the same. I could of course have one ridiculously huge thing and the right one is only 14 inches around. But I'm sure I'd notice.

I'm not sure where that puts me on clothes sizes. I fit an 18 top comfortably and can on occassion squeeze into a generous cut 16 as long as I don't want to sit down in it (very flat stomach when standing, huge spare tyre when sitting). I'm an 18 bottom in most places except the ones for young people. As previously confessed I'm currently squeezing in to a pair of size 16 jeans from Tesco as my bum looks great but my muffin top in these is horrendous.

I'm also pretty amazed at the 7 inch difference between my bust/underbust. I'm probably wearing completely the wrong bra size looking at that. As I said in my last entry they're quite tender at the moment so could well be swollen.

Off to do today's 100 Bingo Busters. Laters sexy people.

Zoe

The Banana Splits (Day 8-9)

I googled last night for ages. I was looking for a website with a program where I could put in my measurements and it would generate my body image for me. I'm kind of intrigued to know how I actually compare to other people. I have been known to spot someone in the street and ask whoever I'm with "Am I the same size as them". This can be thin people, fat people, anyone in fact. I just have no idea where I am compared to other people. I'm aware I'm not and never will be Kate Moss but am I Dawn French? Or Coleen Nolan shaped?

I didn't find a program to do this but I did find a site where I could put in my waist/hips/bust and it would tell me my shape. I'd have said I'm a pear shape. I sometimes call myself a barrel because there are some days I feel straight up and down (generally the days my jeans fall off and I moan about my bum not holding them). But I do think I have a waist and I can certainly carry off something with a cinched in waist. I'd have said I have a pretty feminine figure I just don't dress it that way very often. I'm jeans and trainers. I rarely wear heels and never wear skirts. About 3 times a year I put on a dress - rest of the time I'm just me. This is something I will address when I'm at or nearer target - once I feel confident to be wearing other clothes.

Anyway, apparently I'm not a pear I'm a banana because the difference between my hips/bust and my waist is less than 9 inches. I mean, HELLO, I've never heard of being banana shaped before. It's not an option when I'm Gok-ing on Channel 4.

For banana I'm hearing "boy shaped"
(now, now, don't be rude I don't mean bananas = boys bits *snigger*).
Men don't really do waists and emphasisng how small it is so: that's me. I'm a boy. Brilliant. One with a knockout rack when I have the right bra on but still a boy at the end of the day.

I know I've set myself a programme of 100 bingo busters per day (I failed yesterday btw so I'm playing catch up) but now I need something for defining my waist. There is one there. I know this 100% because I am often told I have child bearing hips (yeah, really, thanks) so somewhere just above that there's a bit that goes in that's intended to be my delicate little waist. And above that, well, hubba hubba.

The hubbas are likely to look better too if the waist goes in. So I'm seeking waist toning exercises now. That's tonights google.

Wittering some more - I tried a green day yesterday. And I really enoyed it. I had to think a little about which of our prepared meals I could have as some have chicken, some we used quorn as we'd run out of mince etc. It was a great day. I really enjoyed it. I'm doing it again today and I'm really really hungry. The hunger kicked in at the tills in Matalan. Where they used to have racks and racks of mens socks and ugly looking underpants by the tills (which were so easy to resist) they now stock irresistible sweeties. More than Willy Wonka ever had. It was 10 minutes queueing in Will Power hell.

On yesterday's green trial I did have the same two options for As and Bs though - skimmed milk and the ready brek choice - is this okay?

I'm having quorn chilli tonight with a baked potato. Then I'm off out to a comedy night. This is another test as I usually need to drink to find comedians funny unless they're brilliant. It's only costing a fiver which normally equals at least 3 vodka funny. I'll have to wheel out the fake laugh I used with The Ex in the days before I plucked upthe courage to tell him he was a knob.

Hope you're all having fab weeks. And Happy St Patricks Day

Zoe xx

Day 10 - Knitting a ball of wool

Oh My God!! I ate a mushroom slice yesterday. One of those emergency train station buys when the only thing available is a pastry shop. It was rotten and there were about two slices of mushroom in it so not only was I rubbish the food was too. Synning it last night came out at about 22syns as well. Devastated with myself for not planning ahead and having food with me. Or buying their horrendously overpriced banana (99p for one banana is robbery by the way).

This morning I made the mistake of doing a mid week weigh in and I've lost nothing since Wednesday. Not surprising as I'm expecting George to visit this week and I'm swelling and retaining water all over the place. Lesson learnt. Be patient.

I'm starting to yearn for quick results though. Whenever I read posts on here I look at people's progress and see some amazing weight losses and know I've never done 4 or 5 pounds in one week. I'm a slow steady loser but seeing it can be done is making me a teensy bit envious.

Mistakes like yesterday aren't going to happen again I hope. There's no point in doing this if I allow myself to be capable of blowing 3 days good work in a quick 2 minute snack. There's no use in making myself follow a diet that just maintains my current state. That would be like spending the next 12 months following a knitting pattern and at the end finding out all I've knitted is another ball of wool.

This first two weeks (well, a week and a bit) have been a bit of a dieting revelation for me. Somehow I've found my head in the zone that's not allowing me to excuse myself for failing at all. It's like collective responsibility and the good me and the bad me are finally teaming up to tell themselves they're both responsible for my big bum, tree trunk legs, sitting down spare tyre and all eight chins.

I'm having a clothes clear out today. I have loads of clothes. Think of those big chequered laundry bags, full to the brim, I have at least TEN of them of clothes I don't wear. Now I either don't wear them because they're too small and waiting to be slimmed into or I've forgotten I have them. So I'm going to size them all up. What fits, what nearly fits, what's not going to fit until target. And what may fit eventually but will never suit me in a hundred years. I'll ebay some, charity shop others and if I find anything gorgeous I'd love to wear I'm going to take a photo and stick it on the wall. When it fits the photo comes down. And I can't stop until the wall is empty.

Minus 3.5. You so should write a book! I love the way you express yourself!
I am also a slow and sometimes not at all loser: we just need to keep going!!
All the best
Tracy

Thank you Tracy :)

I like writing on here because I just let my head go and you lot have to suffer whatever I've put with no consequences for me (yay). I work on a newspaper and on the occassions I have to write things I get a complete mental block and really really struggle. I'm also comfortable with the almost total anonymity I get here.

Ah well, I think that once you have been writing on here for a year you just copy and paste and make a book! Make your millions you would :)) that way you have no writers block and you could keep your secret name. I would write pseudonym but I am not sure how to spell it... Then again clever old iPod knows :)

Day 12 - George Looney

George came to visit at 7am this morning punching me sharply in the abdomen to waken me from my perfect slumber. Fortunately that means 2 things: firstly, my erratic behaviour will now calm so I won't suddenly spring up from the sofa and rip the kitchen apart in search mustard or some other random item; secondly, I have 3 days until WI so I've a pretty good chance of shifting my excess bloating by then.

Having a goodish Sunday for the wrong reason. My beloved nephew (I call him The Midget) also came to visit today and he appears to have a stomach bug. Watching him dangle himself pathetically over the toilet bowl for an hour has put me right off food for the day. I did however have a go at making a Smash pizza after I dropped him home. It wasn't a great success if I'm truthful as it wasn't crunchy and ended up like eating a flattened baked potato with some mushrooms and cheese. As a bonus though I saved half the cheese over so I'm going to use that as a topping on whatever I manage to create this evening.

I'm starting to miss flavour a bit. As a smoker my taste buds are shot so I need strong flavourings to penetrate the damage I've done - and baked beans juice isn't doing it for me. Since switching to the occassional green day I have been able to take an extra Hex A so having cheese back is heaven.

As a result of The Midget's visit and my culinary adventures I've left it too late to dye my hair and OMG! it needs it. My grey roots are about an inch long. I only did it 3 weeks ago so either my hair has started growing at speed (conveniently matching my chin hair) or I'm really rubbish at home dyeing. It's a good couple of hours work for me to do it as it's waist length. I have been advised to cut it off as I would probably lose a couple of pounds without it but at the minute, roots excepted, it's one of only two things I really like about myself. My hair and my eyes. From the mouth up I rock. My fat neck downwards is a work in progress.

Actually, my feet are okay up to the ankles. So at a rough guess out of my 5ft 3½ I like at least 9 inches of it. So only 4ft 6ins left to perfect.

Hope you've all had good weekends.

Zoe xx

LOL I also do the looking at random people and wondering if I'm as big as them, or if my arse is a big as hers etc. I'd love to step outside my body and see how I look to other people.

I love reading your diary. :)

I think I share your reverse body dysmorphia!! I always look in the mirror and think I look better than I do in an outfit and even at my biggest I'd still think I wasn't that big compared to others etc etc. Then you see the photos....or actually look at the trousers you're holding up and it's like that moment in Shallow Hal where he holds her pants up and can't see how those giant knickers fit the slim girl he sees. I'm like that!! How do those giant tents of trousers fit my average sized bum right?

sounds just like me lol. lovely diary

Thanks ladies - diary update later from work.

I shared this with my weight loss buddies but thought I'd share with you guys too...

It's a direct c/p from that thread so apologies to anyone who's had to read it twice

I found this pic on facebook last night. It was a works night out bowling so at a guess it's about 10 years old. I'd just started doing weightwatchers as I thought I was huge. From memory I was roughly 12 stone-ish. I know I'd managed to get my backside into a pair of size 14 trousers as those jeans are a 12 with stretch!! I still have them somewhere. Anyway - I'm using this as my inspiration wake up call this week.

n670700795_295380_1449.jpg

You Gotta Roll With It

Today's mini victory: I managed to traverse the aisles of Tesco on my lunch break and got safely out without buying a bread roll to have with my dinner. I even took the risk of walking right past the bread rolls, looking straight at them and sneering. Old me would buy one or sometimes even two cheesy bread rolls each night to have with my dinner. I love bread. I miss bread. I'm beating my addiction to bread one dinner at a time. Whoop whoop.

Today's minor fail: the quorn hot dog sausages I have in my regular lunch (pasta, mushrooms, passata and quorn/bacon) are not syn free. A little glitch as we batch cook and we used 6 sausages at 2.5 syns to make 7 portions so it works out just over 2 syns each.

I was strangely hungry all day today: the first time I've felt that way since restarting. As hard as I tried to fill up on fruit and free things I was ravenous. I think this may be George's work again. It's now a little after 2am and I'm sat in bed, just in from work, and I had my 2nd Hex B and 5 minutes later I'm hungry again. Does anyone else find that eating fruit makes them hungrier?

I've always noticed since I was little that eating apples makes me more peckish but today it's all fruit. Possibly it's the little people in my digestive system working over time breaking it all down and it's not a feeling I'm really used to so it feels like hunger. That's what I'm telling myself. That and the old one about it taking 20 minutes for the full up signals to get from my belly to my head. I can't believe it's still 20 minutes in this day and age - surely they could email each other, or tweet.

Today I decided that as I'm yet to fully commit to my Bingo Busters I will start doing them whilst I'm on the loo. I can fit 20 in per wee. I've never counted but I surely must pee more than 5 times a day - so that's that sorted.

Second strange thing: I'm really looking forward to my weigh in this week. It's on Wednesday morning whenever I wake up so roughly 33 hours to go. I'm proper excited. I am openly confessing this is probably the first time ever in 20+ years of doing diets that I have stuck to it rigidly. I'm expecting big things. Not necessarily big losses - one pound off is good enough for me. If I manage to average 1lb every week until Christmas I'll be 7lb from target. Obviously it would be great to do more than that and if I can keep this committed I hope to hit target by my birthday in September.

Wow, perhaps last year was the last birthday ever when I had blow out the candles and wish to be thin before I'm a year older.

Zxx

Good luck for your weigh in! x

Day 14 - Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Well, this weeks WI is done and I managed to shift another 1½b of blubber. I was kind of hoping for a bit more as I thought I'd been spot on all week but a read back of the diary reveals a couple of synning failures (my lunch and the mushroom slice) so I'm happy with that.

I realised yesterday that I don't sweat. I was late for work so I had a mad 15 minutes rushing around getting dressed and filling up my bag with lots of superfree and free munchies. As I started to drive to work I felt armpit clammy and wished I'd put on some deodorant. It then hit me that I don't put deodorant on as a matter of course: it's not part of my automatic morning routine. And I very rarely miss it. I don't show up at work honking and people don't turn away from me covering their noses or anything. Of course I sweat. Everyone sweats or I think we'd overheat and explode. BUT, I rarely sweat.

My conclusion about this I don't ever really move my booty enough to work myself up into a sweaty state. I get up and dressed, walk to the car, drive to work, sit at my desk for 10 hours, walk back to the car and drive home. That's it. There's a bit of toing and froing inbetween with making cups of tea and taking cigarette breaks but that is honestly it.

Now, as much as I admire my own frugalness in being able to save what must be, oh at least £1.99 a month on deodorant, I'm basically not only fat but lazy as well.

I'm actually a bit embarrassed about it to be honest. I've had a gym membership since 2009 and the card has been out of my handbag about as often as the Loose Women turn down a drink i.e. not much. SO even if I am saving £1.99 on deodorant it's not making much of a dent into the £50 I'm wasting on LA Fitness.

The team fitness coach at my football club has offered to personal train me. He says he can have me looking a million dollars in a couple of months. And he can do a programme that concentrates on tree trunk thighs and bingo wings. I'm seriously considering it. Slightly held back because he's a bit of a hotty and I'm not sure I'm ready for anyone from the club to see me curled up in a big red steaming sweaty ball crying for my Mum.
AND, he's said he doesn't stop for cigarette breaks during training. Bummer.

Right, on that note I'm going swimming. Yes, right now. Positive footsteps forward every day.

Happy Wednesdays everyone

Zoe xx

:8855:Your post made me giggle - well needed today as have been drowning in office politics this morning and am just about to go and have another dose :(

I also have a gym membership that doesn't get used. Went twice a few weeks back and before then, well maybe September -ish.

Well done on going swimming - if you are reading this and you haven't yet gone - GO!!!

(I shouldn't have changed the font size - I have no idea what to change it back to! :rolleyes:) Thanks for the support on my diary - it's much appreciated :)

Did you make it to the pool?!

Back