A Weigh of Life

. . .
There is a man in my back garden spraying the weeds so I'm waiting for him to go away before I go stand in the kitchen in my nightie.
You never know he might fancy you and propose?

. . . I'm on night shift before I get accused of being a lazy bum.
Night shifts are pants. Don't forget to take lots of SW friendly snacks to nibble throughout the night.

He has no front teeth. I feel this may be a step backwards for me
Humph - just thought he might just be one of the new younger breed and yummy! Our gardener in the UK was 32, gorgeous and a very good gardener to boot. Married though !!! else I'd introduce you

Last edited:
Humph - just thought he might just be one of the new younger breed and yummy! Our gardener in the UK was 32, gorgeous and a very good gardener to boot. Married though !!! else I'd introduce you

Going on the average of my recent 'achievements' 32 is about 10 years too old for me :p

That feels so wrong.

I just made some cheesy pasta - pasta with some Laughing Cow melted into it - and i think I may have completely destroyed one of our saucepans by looking away for 2 seconds and burning the bottom of the pan. The uncharcoaled remains look very yummy though. It's for my 5pm snack when i arrive at work.

And also - I've obviously lost about 50% of the cheese which is now stuck to the bottom of the pan so I don't know whether to take that into account and have two more squares later or write it off!?!?!?

Well........... maybe not no. But it's still a lot. Given it's one of my Hex As I don't want to become calcium deficient. You'll never forgive yourselves if I get rickets or whatever because you wouldn't let me have one more square of laughing cow

Ooooooo - having just done my online food diary on the website it seems I was meant to have 5 squares of cheese anyway - not four. So I get my extra square anyway. I may take one on account of burning incident and have some ryvita and cheese later at work.

It's the blue cheese stuff that I don't think comes in extra light. Laughing cow sent a load of freebies to work last week and I managed to grab most of the low fat stuff to save a bit of money.

I can't actually tell the difference between the blue cheese and the normal stuff though so I could probably just stick to the extra light without feeling any pain over it

Zoe - if you are serious about ruining the pan then fear not, help is at hand.
Put some bleach and salt with hot water into it and leave for a few hours.
It works like magic!

I've given it a soak with washing up liquid. Going for a quick inspect now.

But.... really??? bleach in a pan?????

I've given it a soak with washing up liquid. Going for a quick inspect now.

But.... really??? bleach in a pan?????
Seriously - it works like an absolute dream! When my mother-in-law told me I was very sceptical but it really does work. Just give it a good wash out after 2 oe 3 hours with washing up liquid and it will be as good as new.

PS I set fire to peanut oil (& myself - but that's another story) and ruined a frying pan that I'd paid £100 for. Was about to chuck it away when MIL came to the rescue. That was in 1986 and I still have said pan!

So, two weeks ago, whilst still somewhat drunk and delirious over football, it seems I set myself several targets in several posts (I don't really remember doing this I just found them now reading back)

At the time I was 189lb and of the several I set I'm going for this one:

I have 10 weigh ins until the season starts again. Or 7 until pre-season friendlies start. The aim is now to lose 1 stone by my weigh in on 3rd August or 7lb by weigh in on July 13th.
I lost 5.5lb on the first one, put on 1.5lb on the next one and this morning I have lost 0.5lb.
I *think* that puts me at a total loss of 4.5lb so far - does that look right?

I'm really just typing this all out so I can attempt to figure out where I am with my mini-target.

There are 4 WIs left until July 13th and I have to do another 2.5lb by then (getting down to 182lb or bang on 13 stone)
And 7 left until August 3rd and I'd like to do another 9.5lb by then (175lb/12.5 stone).

Realistically I think I stand much more chance of doing the first than the 2nd. In fact, if I don't make the first one I'm not really trying at all. But I'm going guts out to do 9.5lb in 7 weeks.

It's slightly above my average loss of 1lb per week but that average IS affected by my excessive drinking.

I've not got any more drinking planned for a while yet. And being 100% yesterday reminded me how much i actually enjoy the food on this diet and why previously staying on track wasn't so hard at all.

Fooooooofff. LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!

I think its a really good idea to set mini targets - I do it too- it makes the whole thing seem less daunting!! You're doing well xx :)

I had two jammie dodgers today. And a packet of quavers. And a packet of monster munch. I hate Saturdays when I have nothing to do. It makes me eat

Back