A Weigh of Life

Hi Zoe, how's it going? Don't worry about the little snack attack, get back on the wagon. I worry about you when you dont post! ;) x

I'm here :)

Had the longest ever day (well it feels like it).

Managed to get to bed very early and drop off almost immediately so when I woke up at 3.30am there was just no sleep left in me. I did have to be up for work at 5am anyway so it wasn't so bad.

That did mean I had 2 breakfasts though!! Ready brek and banana before I left the house at 5.30am and then 4 hours later I had bacon, scrambled eggs and mushrooms. Which was alright for an Extra Easy day (my first one in ages) but when I'd finished the bottom of the plate was swimming in grease. That's the work canteen for you - can't be trusted.

Other than that I've had a pretty good day.

Pasta with passata, quorn and mushrooms for lunch (1 syn)
Afternoon snack of superspeed summer fruits with low fat natural yoghurt.

Dinner - egg, homemade chips, spaghetti hoops and meat free burgers
(I know I know - that's a 5 year old's dinner - but I did love it). 2 syns for the burgers using the new calculations.

I've also had two lots of mini eggs for sweetie cravings = 3 syns

Not my most exotic of menus ever I admit but it's just about actually eating anything when I get this tired and not opting to go to the chinese or the chippy.

I am currently trying to persuade my mum to go to bed so I can lie on the sofa as late as possible. Tomorrow I start work at 5pm and finish at 2am so I need to completely reverse my body clock.

I've only had 6 syns (if I ignore the fatty breakfast - not sure how to even count that as I never use oil) so there's a packet of monster munch calling to me from the kitchen. To be enjoyed with a cup of tea.

Hope you're all well.

Zxx

Definitely sounds like a good day! I'd propbably give the oil a few syns, just to cover most of it...
Well done for that 0.5lb off - your second target should definitely be doable! xx

Thank you, Sausage.

I've almost got my head back to the place it was at the start. I'm still being a bit of a picker. And I keep weighing myself every morning (I know, it's bad, I'm the biggest advocate of keeping people off the scales too!!).

I'm slightly worried that, as predicted, last weeks pizza is carrying over to this weeks weigh in, and when I step on the scales Wednesday I'm going to be hugely disappointed. Even though I'm expecting it to carry over iyswim.

I also did measurements Saturday afternoon and they all appear to be back up to what they were when I started. Which I know is bonkers as I'm wearing smaller clothes. Basically the Diet Gods are messing with my head big time.

Girl at work who's lost 3 stone with WW has given me some exercises to do for my muffin top and bingo wings so I may focus on that a bit. None of them seem massively problematic - they're what I call 'standing in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil' moves. Much like when I did my bingo busters every time I had a wee. I need to restart them as well. Getting a bit of toning going on should give me a boost.

I'll start at 100 throughout the day for each and see how I get on.

Any suggestions for things to tighten my stomach that AREN'T sit ups would be good. I've always had a very flat stomach anyway but nowadays it's flat and a bit squishy. I need to remove the squish.

Happy Monday one and all. Here's to the start of another superspeedy superskinny superSW week.

Zxx

Hahahahah - I just remembered I did som epictures of myself in pants and bra the 2nd week into SW. I shall now attempt to recreate them and see if I look smaller.

That'll keep me busy for a bit.

Today's breakfast.....

8ytno.jpg

I had a banana earlier. And now I've been told that I shouldn't eat more than 2 bananas per day. Anyone know if there's any truth in that at all. I tend to have 2 but there are days when I can eat 4/5.

Looking at that photo I have come to another conclusion .......

Most of my meals are eaten at work and therefore eaten out of tupperware. Normally I'd have my summer fruits in a little plastic tub. I'm going to start eating things as proper meals in the office by putting them into bowls and using real cutlery (not plastic). Hopefully it will break some psychological barrier about what I eat being meals rather than snacks.

Not sure how long this will last as I usually get bored with having to wash everything up and hide it away to stop it getting nicked. And the time available to go to the kitchen and prepare something may be limited when compared to the 2 seconds it takes to open the tupperware. But we shall see.

I think 4 or 5 bananas a day is fine. I eat loads, they are my chocolate substitute when I get Choc cravings.
Problem with nanas is that they are full of sugar and hence carbs. Great for tennis players who need a quick hit to keep going but do need to be limited if trying to lose weight. Newly diagnosed diabetics are told to leave nanas out for a while to see if this stabilises them. My mum is still banned from eating them after 5 years as they shove her blood sugar levels way too high.

On the old weight watchers program, you could only eat 1 a week because they have so much sugar. Today, bananas are allowed on diets but apparently a "standard portion" is about a 1/4 of the size of the huge bananas they grow today.

If you're still losing weight then it's probably okay to eat a lot, but if your weight loss starts to stall then limiting to 2 a day is a good idea.

I tend to limit myself to max 2 bananas and 2 muller lights in one day, I also watch grapes. Although I'd say eating more of these things is obviously much better than snacking on the wrong stuff :)

Weigh in 15 - I am reviewing the situation.....

Right - definitely time for a proper diary update. I was going to do this next week when it would be 4 months/16 weeks but I changed my mind (I'm a woman - whatchya gonna do about it!!)

I've had 15 weeks of SW and have lost the grand total of 16 pounds. Which when I look at it as two numbers next to each other, and compared to some of your amazing weekly losses, is pretty disappointing. But I need to get my head around what I've been saying all along: I'm a slow, steady loser. I'm the tortoise not the hare, I know it's not a race and the whole point is that eventually I get to the finish line.

Seeing Piggy reach target yesterday has cemented that in my head.

I think that's something I miss out on by not going to a group. I can't be encouraged on my own bad weeks by seeing the amazing results others have achieved and therefore knowing that it all works out if you try.

I've just had 2/3 really good days. Bang on plan to the point where I'm having to rack my brain for what I can eat to get to minimum 5 syns. I'm pretty pleased with that because I've been alone on night shift at work which normally leads to major boredom episodes when I would eat to pass the time.

So - my mini review:

15 weeks and 16 pounds

That's an average of 1lb 1oz per week (yes, that's right, I'm counting the extra ounce!!)

Putting it on
I've only had a plus twice. Once a +2 and once a +1.5.
The first one coincided with the arrival of My George and one of my busy football celebrating weekends (vodka, vodka, vodka).
The 2nd came after the week I lost 5.5lb and was probably a wee adjustment from that as I never believed I could lose that much in one week when it was yet another drinking week.

No change
I've also only had one STS.
Looking at the date I think that was probably My George again.

George is actually being pretty good to me this time around. Used to be that I'd get so pms-ed out leading up to it that I'd eat for Britain, retain it all and get a plus on * week.
I think that part of my body is changing as well. I was very late last month and good god did the hubbas get sore. That's always my sign that it's coming - very tender boobies - but this month there was nothing. I actually checked the calendar about 4 times to look at dates, whether I was very late again and could (god forbid) I be pregnant. That's how little clue I had about it. Only vague sign was my finger joints aching.

Anyway, I digress, my personal assessment review........

Clothes
I've dropped at least one size on top. If it's a floaty top i.e. doesn't go near my massive hips I can get away with a 14 now which is two sizes.
Trousers (well, jeans, I tend to only wear jeans - that's a confidence thing though) - I'm now regularly wearing my size 16 jeans that 15 weeks ago I was forcing my arse into. They;re getting a bit baggy in fact. I have a couple of pairs of size 14 that also fit but they are stretchy so I'm not claiming to be a size 14 yet. But I'm getting there.
My only problem with clothes is going to be undies. I love undies. I have more lingerie than M&S. Some of it is starting not to fit any more. I'll be alright on the bras until my cup size drops significantly, but I'm going to have to assign my pants to history. It's a shame.Bye bye panties.

Disappointments
I'm still looking like a bit of a barrel. I'd like it to be obvious where my waist goes in and out. I'm pretty straight up and down (43/37/45) but want that sexy curvy thing going on.

The double chin might be here to stay. It's not there when I look in a mirror but rears it's ugly head in every photograph ever.

I want my legs to not meet at the top but again have resigned myself to knowing that my weight goes from the top first and unless I get down to 9 stone or something I'm never going to see daylight through my thighs.

That's pretty much it I think. I've not redone my measurements because of George being here. I'm bloated which throws them off. My boobs look bloody amazing tho. The only benefit I can ever see to having a * week.

In conclusion I'm bang on target. My target date on here says "giving it a year". My aim was to lose 49lb so that's about right. Which means you get to keep me for Christmas. Whoop whoop :p

Zxx

Excellent post, Zoe... You have done so well when you consider birthdays and and footie nights and other indiscretions ;) - you've managed to have a life and still lose over a stone. That's pretty damn good.

And, fyi, you are not at all barrel shaped. The pic of you in the dress? STUNNING.

x

if I'm brave enough later i may share the pics of me in the dress whilst drunk and looking a complete mess. Just so you can all see how a night can go wrong after vodka, shots and jager bombs

Wow what a great post!

A 1lb a week is fantastic and lets face it if we had all put on a lb a week we would be mortified... So it's not such a little number after all is it?!

Slow and steady is the best way to go because your skin has time to shrink with your body and your body has time to get used to the changes which also means that when it comes to maintaining your body is less likely to go into shock mode :)

Will be keeping up with your diary too and thanks so much for the lovely comment on mine. I will let everyone know how my first wi goes tonight :D

if I'm brave enough later i may share the pics of me in the dress whilst drunk and looking a complete mess. Just so you can all see how a night can go wrong after vodka, shots and jager bombs

Jager bombs! Woop woop! You defo have to put the pics up!

Just wanted to say thanks. I have been reading your diary and found a post back at the beginning of may which said that tesco meatfree burgers are 1.5 syns each. i have been putting them at 0.5 syns each, which I found on someone else's post. Only just restarted sw again so not to much damage done. Well done on your enjoyable diary, I hope mine can be as good, Thank you

I think they've gone down actually. I was looking at all the meatfree stuff the other day after the quorn sausages changed. I'll check online and confirm.

THOSE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION LOOK AWAY NOW

This is what happens when I get drunk:

PICTURES REMOVED!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back