A Weigh of Life

Now that looks like a fantastic evening... And you look beautiful! X

I"m going to delete those tomorrow by the way. In case anyone is looking in here 6 months from now and is confused. Especially the very drunk dirty feet ones from 5am.

Hi Zoe..

Gotta say - i love them shoes!! You look bootiful in your dress...

You look gorgeous Zoe, even with manky feet! hehe
You seem to be surrounded by some very attractive men, which is never a bad thing ;)xx

I love the shoes too, but looks like by 5am your feet didn't ;-) You look great, well done on all you've lost so far hun. x

Definitely look good - my feet get like that too as I hate shoes.
And you aren't straight up and down. There's a waist emerging already and just waiting to show itself to the world.
You look stunning!

Join the tortoise club! There's a few of us around. Slow and steady rocks!

I have this friend. We're pretty close - well very close - although she doesn't know everything about me (even some of the stuff I tell you lot as I consider you 'safe' for revealing secrets to).

She did SW last year and lost loads. Then the guy she's madly in love with made it clear he wasn't interested and she entered an eating for Britain phase. She's put on, at a rough estimate, 3 stone. And she's taken pleasure in doing so. Which is fine as she's old enough to make her own choices in life and she decided she'd rather be fat than carry on losing weight.
The guy has now shown an interest again and she's said she's going to lose 2 stone by October. Which is also fine. I know she can do it as she has a ton of spare time for exercise and a free gym at her work etc etc

BUT, I'm really bloody cross as for the past 4 months whilst I have been really struggling to be good when we are on days out together she has taken great pleasure in stuffing her face in front of me and rubbing my nose in the fact that I'm not eating rubbish and she knows I crave it. There was an incident on a day out where she had a tub of mini swiss roll things from M&S and she sat next to doing all the 'Mmmm, oh god this so nice, Mmmmm' noises and even started reading the description off the packet in the stupid M&S advert voice. We had a falling out over it. Majorly.

I want to support and encourage her along (even though she probably won't need it) but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it after the way she acted the last few months. And I'm slightly jealous that I know the weight will fall off her and she'll hit target whilst I'm still snails pacing it at 1lb a week.

I'm not sure why I'm even writing this and what the point is at all. I'm a bit jealous, a teensy bit competitive and really pissed off that I'd like to do back to her what she did to me but can't.

Her decision is completely messing with my head. I don't actually understand as I consider myself a pretty supportive friend who always has time for everyone and what they need and if it were anyone else I'd be exactly the same way I am with you guys on here.

I just can't do it.

And I don't like myself being that way.

There, emotional turmoil vented.

It's late. i can't sleep. I am bored.

SO I did this......

This is the "just a 1lb" we get miserable when we lose:
1lb_fat.jpg

This is a half stone - mini targets achieve big things
7lb.jpg

I've lost this much already:

16lb.jpg

Ooh, that sounds really rough, Zoe, and I'm so sorry. We do expect support from our friends and family, and for them to deliberately undermine us is what amounts to sabotage. The only thing I can think is that she may not be as happy as she says she is being larger. And that could be why she has been trying to trip you up. I don't profess to know, but if she's the good friend you say, my guess is that that could be the underlying cause for her behaviour.
I am spoiling for a massive fight with my brother. He is constantly waving crap food in front of me and behaving in the same way as your friend. It's thoughtless and particularly mean.

I put a link to an article on my thread a while back about how people's friends react when we lose weight and are no longer the 'fat friend'. Maybe you losing it or even just showing that you are serious about it is what has triggered her behaviour? She is no longer the only one overweight with no proper plan to shift it. I'll try and dig out the link and post it here if you didn't see it?

Chin up, chicken xx

Well said sausage! Your friend sounds like she has real issues, I mean dropping and gaining weight because of a man? You're doing it for yourself for the right reasons, to be honest this would make me quietly determined to show her that you are in control of yourself ;) xx

Friends, who'd have 'em?

Daft question, but have you actually told her how you feel and that her recent behaviour has pi**ed you off? She may not even realise she is doing it.

Stick with the tortoise speed Zoe. It is far better for your body as MiniMum said and your friend has proved that losing/gaining quickly can be quite easy. Maintaining in the future after slow and steady is far easier.

Kerep smiling hun - you have come so far all by yourself and you can do the rest too without her help if necessary.

Ooooh - she knew she was doing it. It was done as a joke but it wasn't that funny. And she knew she pissed me off as she told a friend that she thought "I didn't like her any more" and I was "being really off" with her. So I told her exactly why and that turning it around to make it look like I was out of order (which also pissed me off) was manipulative and unfair.

Anyway - I don't want my diary to turn into a big rant about her. She's on a diet. I wish her well. I shall keep on keeping on.

I'm going over to see my friend to night and give her a few SW refreshers. I'm looking forward to it. At my age you think I'd know not to get too emotional about things when it's late and I've had a long day.

I'm also having another Extra Easy day - which makes me feel extra uneasy. I had one on Sunday as well - which was last diet week, but I'm so used to doing green days now changing it throws me out a bit. I struggle with the 1/3rd rule a bit.

And i just changed my bed sheets. And filled the dishwasher. And i"m about to go for a shower. So that's you lot fully up to speed on my day so far.

Oh, and my team just signed THE best looking player ever. Who is 6ft 4. And beautiful.

*faints*

Zxx

Dear Dietary,

I love you. I think you and I get on really well to be honest. I know we've only known each other properly for like, 4 months, and love is a pretty big word to be using right now, but I know I mean it.

We work so well together when we're both pulling in the same direction this thing we have between us is amazing.

I kind of hope you feel the same bond with me so that when you hear what I have to say next you won't leave me, or hate me, or..... and i hate to say this...... let that good for nothing fat come back in to my life.

So, here goes. I'm hungry. I know I bought it on myself by letting someone else choose my dinner for me. But there you go. I'm bloody starving. So I'm eating mushroom rice and a ryvita in bed. I know eating in bed pretty much makes me a slut. I'm sorry. I don't love you any less for treating you this way.

I'll be back to my normal good self tomorrow.

I hope we can both overcome this and start to rebuild what we have together without too many repercussions.

If the scales go up on Wednesday I'll know that it's over between us and you have found a more faithful love than I.

I hope you send me a good sign.

Lots of love

Zoe

Okay. So you've had a few bad moments. And that's all they are MOMENTS. just wee little flickers in time. You didn't eat[STRIKE] pizza[/STRIKE] mushroom rice and [STRIKE]cake[/STRIKE]ryvita for a whole week, or a whole day or even a whole hour. It was just a moment.

It's much easier to put a brief window in the day behind you and get back on track.

You can overwrite everything bad by doubling it with good.

I think your post from my thread is a good response to this.. i'd edited it slightly obviously :D

Be kind and supportive to other people by all means, but first and foremost be kind and supportive to yourself!!

xxx

Hi

I just read about the situation with your friend and that is a really tough one... Has she apologised for acting in this way at all? Does she realise that she has done it that much and it has affected you?

In my humble opinion I don't think a friend should act like that... A friend should always be there to support one another whether it is difficult for them or not! I would discuss it with her and get it off your chest.

You are obviously the better person for wanting to be there for her on her journey...

Oh I love the way you have shown the lb loss etc Where did you find that?

Michelle x

She knows she upset me. That's enough for me. Like I said: I posted that late when I was tired and had just seen her about turn on weight loss. I need to learn to let myself digest information overnight.

Saw her last night and she's cutting back and doing the gym rather than going back on the SW plan.

I found the 1lb photo online. Then I just played around with it in photoshop to make the half stone and my weight loss ones. I get very easily bored at night :)

Trying to plan for today. My niece is in a dance show: matinee and night performance, and I'm a chaperone. Start at 3pm finish at 10pm. No microwave, no kettle, no kitchen full stop. The girls get pizza between shows for the energy!!!

And I'm off to a BBQ tomorrow. Fortunately all but one of the girls are doing SW or similar so that should be manageable. Apart from the couple who always interpret "bring a plate of food" as bring a couple of boxes of krispy kremes. Thank god I find them really sickly. And that was before the diet. Can't imagine how disgusting they might taste now.

Went to BBQ yesterday. Ate way too much bread. Now look pregnant.

Superspeed Superspeed Superspeed Superspeed Superspeed Superspeed

Back