A Weigh of Life

Shred day 2 completed.

Some bits were slightly easier but I do feel my co-ordination is a bit sh*t as I can't get the bicycle abs thing right at the end right. Of course my co-ordination would be a million times better if they'd set it to Abba or The Nolans.

I managed more push ups today. Although it still kills my knees doing them. Still needed to stop and catch my breath on the cardio bits.

I definitely felt the burn in my legs which must be good. I don't think I'm getting any of the crunches for abs 100% right as the only thing that hurts when I'm doing them is my neck.

and it's definitely a mistake doing it right in front of my big mirrored wardrobe. Watching my only belly flap about as I'm jumping is very off putting.

Off for a shower

Zx

Point your neck to the ceiling, well done hon. You'll soon notice a difference ;)

I know I know. I can hear her say that but I can't figure out how to do it!!!!

I ate chips tonight. I was at football and I was cold and I weakened

Chips?? Oh well we all have our moments of weakness hun its how we move on from them that counts and I am sure you will be back on track tomorrow.

Good to hear/read that you are doing the 30 day shred! I heard from a friend that it is quite tough going... What do you think?

Well done on day 2 Zoe.

I assume the bicycle abs are done lying down? Another way of thinking of point your neck at the ceiling is to think "tuck my chin onto my chest". If not lying down, I can't help!!!
Suppose I could get the video out and watch it . . . .

Pommette - It is done lying on your back. Stomach crunches basically. I've never been able to do them without getting neck pain. I think I need to use more stomach muscles to get up and not my back.

MiniMum - I'm loving it so far. I'm even enjoying the fact that my legs ache when I walk and it hurts when I cough/sneeze. It feels like I'm doing something good for myself for one

Neck pain with sit-ups
the main thing is to keep your spin as straight as you can, from back to head. It's hard to put in words, one tape, think it was the yoga, said :airquote: "feel like you have a peach between your chest and chin push down but don't bruise the peach."

Anyway your neck is full of muscles and the more you do the stronger it will get. It also reduces double chins so win-win.

You make me feel I am not doing enough I haven't had abs pain in ages think I will dig out the WII on Sunday. Keep inspiring us Z ;) :superwoman:

Lyndaxx

Neck pain with sit-ups
the main thing is to keep your spin as straight as you can, from back to head.

Er sorry Lynda - you definitley MUST NOT keep your back straight. This is the quickest and easiest way to neck damage that there is. I did a lot of anatomy at college whilst training as a PE teacher.
Ballet dancers and gymnasts do straight-back sit-ups but it takes a lot of training to do these and a lot of coaching to make sure you don't damage things.

If you are doing sit-ups or abs crunches then you should "roll-up and roll-down". i.e. head first (tucking your chin onto your chest), then shoulders and finally your upper back. Reverse the process when lying back down. And always do them with your feet flat on the floor and knees bent - this also stops neck and spinal damage.

Zoe - try putting your hands behind your head, fingers interlaced and with your elbows tucked in front of your face. Then try the sit-up leading with your elbows.
If you are still having problems then try tucking your toes under a chest of drawers or your bed. It doesn't work the abs quite as much but will help you to strengthen them to start with and then you can revert to doing them without the help.

Day 4 done. I skipped over the weekend. Sunday I planned to miss, Saturday was due to oversleeping for my day out with the little people.

Made the mistake this morning of having a cuppa and cigarette too close to ShredTime and OMG the cardio was hard after that. Definitely getting the hang if the abs more. It still hurts my neck but I reckon now this is down to having too much hair. It's waist length and I put it up in a bun otherwise I get too hot. Means I can't put my head on the floor properly.

I suffered a bit with aches on Friday at work as we were very busy which meant hours on end at the desk so no time to walk it out.

It's definitely making me feel better. It may be all in my head just because I'm finally doing exercise. Or the endorphins are going into overdrive.

I had a cheeky weigh in this morning. I know: my bad. But pleased with what I saw. Hopefully it'll go lower before official weigh in on Wednesday.

I have two more wi until my next mini target which was to get to 179lb by start of football season (6th August). I'm was at 182 last week. So here's hoping.

I'm also in contact with The Boy again. I know I said I wouldn't but I'm weak. I either have to give in to boys or cake. This week I'm choosing boys. We have a date if sorts for some sexy body magic on Friday night.
My biggest worry about this is actually that it throws out my Shred schedule on Saturday.

Hope you all has lovely weekends.

Zxx

Er sorry Lynda - you definitley MUST NOT keep your back straight. This is the quickest and easiest way to neck damage that there is. I did a lot of anatomy at college whilst training as a PE teacher.

Thanks for the correction don't want to injure anyone :sign0007: Sorry Zoe :sigh:
Lynda xx

Hi Zoe - hope you're ok. You haven't posted for almost a week.
Let us know how you are doing.

Hay Zoe,

Did the exercise do you in.......

Take care like reading your entertaining diary entries. Come back your missed :cry:

Lynda xx

Hi Guys, thanks for checking up on me. Have had hectic work week which has runied both diet and Shredding.

WI tomorrow so will update you all once I"ve seen how badly I did

Zxx

Good luck :fingerscrossed:

Lynda xx

Welcome back chica. Good to see you again.

Dare one ask how it's been? Your last 4 weeks look similar to mine.

It's been a mixture of life and work getting in the way of everything. Started with work changing a few shifts so I had a turn around time of 8 hours which killed me so I took a few days off being good and healthy. Then the riots meant working loads of overtime and killed me again. I lost internet for a week. I lost motivation for much longer and quite frankly I could no longer be arsed.

I've eaten pork pies. Really disgusting fatty sandwiches. And bread, tons and tons of bread. And Haribo. More Haribo than you'd need to fill party bags for a thousand 5 year olds. Oh, and a bit of vodka too. Well, you know me, a LOT of vodka. And shots. And blah blah blah.

BUT, I maintained which is the biggest shock of all.

I was going to leave it another week as it's my birthday next Thursday and I have little outings all week with various friends. But my bakery belly has started to pop out over the top of my jeans again so I really need to start getting back on track already.

I had a bad day yesterday as I'd been to visit The Boy on Tuesday night and had no food at work. Today has been a million times better and I've been 100% on plan.

I just filled in my diary and disgusted with myself to see the last one I filled in was 26th July.

My bad.

:(

Back