A Weigh of Life

I lost 4oz this week. I probably just farted at the right time or something but I'm taking it as a victory.

Birthday week is in full flow so any loss us a victory.

Zoe - Yippee chica. Well done. Enjoy your birthday celebrations - they only happen once a year so are definitely to be enjoyed!

Well, my commitment to not go too mad for my birthday week has been a complete and utter failure. I have needed very little encouragement to get drunk or eat badly at all this week.

Just back in from a girlie night out and hoping against hope that drinking from 5pm until 3am may be counteracted by the dancing in 6inch heels for about 4 of those hours. My thighs definitely feel like they've had a proper workout.

So anyway, I came to the conclusion last night that I look a gazillion times better when very drunk and wearing no make up than I do when partially sober and 'dolled up'. So I may just become an alcoholic and cut up my Boots Advantage card

Start of night. Well about 9pm and only a few vodkas and one jagerbomb in:
328990_2341681783101_1281635001_2836143_7207136_o.jpg

4am. Make up scraped off and decidedly tipsy:
318595_10150273606890796_670700795_8024639_4361425_n.jpg

Post birthday Weigh In - Booze Blues?

Well, I properly went for it. Diet was well and truly forgotten last week and I decided to enjoy being one year older and do what the hell I liked. Now I know this is a bit pathetic coming so soon after my return to commitment. BUt I did try and do it sensibly with being 100% on the days I wasn't celebrating and letting loose a little on the days I was.

The upshot is I lost 1lb, Well actually 1lb 4oz to add to the 4oz I lost last week. So a total loss of 1.5lb over two weeks when I wasn't really behaving.

I'm feeling good about this. Knowing it works when I"m being a little naughty has me feeling uber positive about how much it works when I"m being a good girl.

And I got SO many nice comments in the club on Saturday night about how well I was looking. And I might have pulled a couple of times. AND AND AND ..... The Object Of My Affection told my best mate he really liked me and thought I was "unbelievably pretty" (I think he was pretty drunk too tho) AND made an attempt at a bit of a snog. I (stupidly and somewhat drunkenly also) pushed him away. Aaaaaaargh.

Anyway - that has been a complete boost. Well, after I got over the day and a haf of absolutely kicking myself for not responding correctly. So now I'm determined that the next time we "bump into each other" on a night out I'm going to be another stone down. This unexpected bumping is expected to take place 2nd week in December. I'll see him before then but I'll be my normal trampy football self in jeans and trainers.

ANd also.... aaaaaarghhhhh - I only have 15 weigh ins left until christmas!!! Hopefully another stone by then. That's pretty realistic going on my average weight loss.

This week I'm down to 12st 10lb. I'm pretty sure this is the weight I was when I started doing WW in 2002. And gave up after about 3 months. SO It's taken me nine years of on and off dieting to maintain my start weight. Hahahah. I now have exacly 2 stone until target. That's a nice orund number and I like that.

Hope you're all doing well chicas.

Zoe
xx

Week 27 - Beating the Plateau

I got a STS. Which is better than a plus, but still yet another STS. In the past 6 weeks I have lost the grand sum of 1.5lbs. Now I know why this has happened. I've been a pig. Well, not a pig on a pre-diet scale but I haven't been synning and I haven't been having my daily quota of superspeeds. Nowhere near my daily quota. Most days I've had zero.

I've been getting a ton of compliments though. Which I think is backfiring against my own will power. Everyone is saying I'm looking good. Slim is regularly used. I've had a couple of skinnys too. Now, I'm not anywhere near skinny and barely scraping towards slim, but I guess compared to a pre-diet me I am.

On Sunday I looked at myself in the mirror naked (I was trying to see if I was losing too much weight off my boobs - a big worry for me) and I saw my ribcage. Not every bone in a starvation sense, but it's there, you can see where it is. This is great, But my arse is still huge. And i don't even want to think about the wobbly thigh situation.

What it all boils down to is the fact that I've done so well has somehow turned into I can do it without trying. Now the fact I've not wallopped on a load of weight I guess in a sense means I can. But only for maintenance. If I want to lose my remaining 2 stone I'm going to have to use effort. And get back to being able to say no.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

I'm going to practice. And I"m going to do it with a smile and maybe add a "thank you" at the end. And stick to my tupperware tub full of strawberries and melon and not go back to "well one won't hurt" because once the first one doesn't hurt then the 2nd and 3rd and 4th become much easier to accept to.

I've bought my jeans for the christmas size challenge. I tried on a 16 and they were already too big. The 14 fits fine for now so I had to get a 12 as a slim into. I'm not taking this as me now being a 14, I've been reliably informed that Wallis, where I got them, generally size up a bit so I probably still am a 16. But believe me, if I do get into those 12s by Christmas I'll definitely be making sure that the label keeps accidentally poking out so every bugger can see it.

Hope you're all going well, chicas

Miss you

Zxx

Hi Zoe - how are you doing?

Just posted a lengthy entry but my iPhone wouldn't post it. It was a complete stream of consciousness as well so I can't even remember what I was saying.

In short: doing okay. Struggling against life a bit. Weight loss has slowed. But not stopped so it's okay. Would like to do half stone by Christmas if I can. I'm not sure I can.

Don't really know how things have changed so much with my determination. And until I know I'm having difficulty turning it all back round.

For example: I did a cheeky early weigh in this week that showed a 2lb gain. So I then ate like a slob for a day.... Pizza, crisps, sweets, biscuits. Actual weigh in was a STS. I'd not have done that 6 months ago. I'd have superspeeded for a day to try and make it up

Basically, I'm struggling. And it upsets me. And I can't get over it.

I need a huge kick up the arse. Please.

Zxx

I have been exactly the same Zoe. :( its frustrating.

I think deep down the answer is not to scale hop as it affects our eating, but for some reason I cannot stop scale hopping so its a vicious circle.

Come on sweetie you can do this. try like me, one day at a time 100% on plan. I seem to cope doing one day at a time yet if someone says a week I freak out :rolleyes:

You can get that half a stone for christmas and I can get my stone for xmas (as still have lots to lose)

xxxxx

:asskick:Right. Consider your arse kicked! :whoopass:
But also sending you one of these.:bighug:
But what you need to do is get back on here more and read all our diaries. We ALL struggle at times and lack motivation. So we talk about it, someone comes up with an idea and there we go. back up and running again with renewed motivation.

My favourite phrase for a long time has been:

Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.

It keeps me going through the wee small hours (I'm having trouble with insomnia at the moment) and stops me diving into the fridge for something to eat.

Jackie's right. Just take one day at time.
Even 1 meal at a time if that's what it takes.

I know you do shifts and that is hard as it really messes your body around. Have a read of Funcurls diary. She is a nurse that works lots of night shifts and her diary has been a big inspiration for me.
It's taken her a long time (almost 2 years) BUT SHE GOT THERE.

More ((( Hugs ))) chica. You can do this. 7 lbs by Xmas is very doable.

Thank you ladies. Your kind words mean a lot.

I had a bad Thursday. I forgot my lunch so had a baguette from Pret a manger (too scared to look up the syns) and I also had a massive bag of cheesy curls at work.

That was Thursday though. It's now Friday. New day. New spirit. New hope.

Zxx

absolutely sweetie, its 'thank crunchie its friday' :D if only crunchies were syn free on fridays :8855:

Look at it this way lunch yesterday could have been so much worse and was probably just about within your syns. Onwards and downwards sweetheart we will complete this journey one day, you are doing so so well :D xxxxx

Forget thursday & as Jackie said it could have been a LOT worse. You could have headed to the chippy! :eek:

Well done on joing the Xmas challenge too. We're a mad lot but we'll get there together!

Have a good weekend chica

What's the scores on the doors....

Well, this weeks WI results are in and, unsurprisingly I got another STS. It's been a bit of a 'meh' week and George is visiting so it's pretty much what I expected tbh.

So here I am still stuck here at 12st 9.5lbs.

But, it's okay. We're now in the Christmas Countdown zone. Depending on what day you weigh in you now have either 10 or 11 to go.
I have 10 left. Yes, sorry but it really is that close.
Now, I'd like to get my arse down to bang on 12 stone in that time. So, 9.5lbs in 10 weeks. Not that big an ask really.

Looking back at my past 10 weeks i"m disgusted to see I've actually only lost 2lb. But as we know I kind of fell out of love with SW a bit and haven't really been that focussed at all. Now, in my first 10 weeks I lost 12.5lbs. SO the aim is to get my head back to where it was then.

Fortunately I have this diary to have a read back on and inspire myself with myself (that sounds really vain) but the best way of convincing myself I can do this is looking back at me when I did do it.

I also have two challenges I'm on for the 10 weeks:

The first is the advent challenge here:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/238427-advent-calendar-girls-10-week-challenge.html

and the other is the christmas Size challenge here:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/232058-christmas-size.html

This weeks other major decision is the summer wardrobe. Despite our recent heatwave I've decided it''s probably time to put the summer wardrobe away. So all the vest tops and linen trousers are getting packed up. I already sent about 15 pairs of trousers that are way too big for me now to the charity shop. Most of my summer tops etc are a size 16/18. Some of them I love but are already starting to look ridiculously big on me even now.

SO, do I pack them up and put them in the loft - which is kind of giving in to teh thought thatnext summer there may be the slight possibility I'll fit into them?

OR, do I charity shop the lot (and it's a LOT) knowing that if I don't reach target by next summer I will have NO clothes left?

Ergh. The dilemma.

Right. I'm off to get some ready brek whilst we decide which of these is the best solution for getting my head in the zone.

Stay sexy, chicas

Zxx

Also - I may be having some supernatural influence over the TV as every time I am on here the Weight Watchers advert comes on and I feel obliged to stick my fingers up at the tv and tell it how much better SW is.

Maybe it's just on all the time

I HATE that WW advert. It drives me nuts. Tries to encourage everyone to get to a size 10 or 12. Blah.

Di you also know that they advertising rules say they can't show anyone who had more than 3 stone (I think) to lose to start with? Why??

A STS sounds good when you thought that you might have gained.

Come on Zoe - you can lose those 9.5 lbs by Xmas!!! :D

I've not done Extra Easy for aaaaaages but went out to a friends for dinner last night where I had Spaghetti bolognaise. Can someone double check my day for ne please....

Breakfast: ready break (hex b) with slimmed milk (part hex a). Banana

Lunch: tuna pasta bake. (past, tuna, passage, chopped toms, eggs, quark)

Snack; ready cooked chicken from sainsburys (the packet stuff not a whole roast thing) with tablespoon extra extra light Mayo

Dinner: slice ciabatta with mushroom and garlic
Spaghetti with traditional bolognaise ( all meat no sauces)
Slice of chocolate cake (honestly as thick as my little finger) and about 100 strawberries. (honestly more like 20)

Snack: one pink n White wafer biscuit

I'm probably over on syns. And not enough veg. But am I WAY off track?
Green days seem SO much easier.

Zxx

Hi Zoe, just been reading through some of your posts over the months and laughing my head off!! Espesh the bit about the Monster Munch- that you aren't 5 anymore lmao!!!!! I like your humour- it tickles me!! I also like that you wrote 'passage' instead of 'passata'! I was intrigued as to what this strange ingredient was until I saw your autocorrection lol!! Enough of the praise, you'll think I'm being a creep!!!

Looking at your food diary, it looks good to me hun! You've got some superfree there, with the banana at breakfast, the tomatoes in the pasta bake and the strawbs for tea! Did the bolognese contain veg too? Maybe it could have been improved on with a little more veg through the day but it was a good attempt! Syns-wise- it's difficult to say how far off the mark you were with them as I don't know how big your slice of ciabatta was and it's difficult to syn the choccy cake! With the pink wafer biccie and the mayo I'd estimate around 20 for the lot?!! That's a stab in the dark of course!! Not a bad day all told and if you are worried about syns, you could always cut down on them a bit over the next couple of days!!XXX

Back