A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

Hi,

Loving the site - had a quick nosey round this morning and got some amazing tip and advice! I've got about 11lb to loose for my holiday in May and I'm doing the WW pro points diet. I've been on it a couple of weeks and I've already lost a couple of lbs!

I just hope my holiday will give me the motivation I need to stick to it this time!

Let me know if you have any helpful WW tips!

Sarah

Hi everyone,
I'm another newbie, just joined properly today. I'm 27 and have a huge total of 10 stone to lose :eek:
I have done WW in the past but gave up each time as I felt like i was starving myself with the portion sizes!
Started SW at the end of January and have already lost 17.5lbs in my first 5 weeks, feeling better then ever about this dieting malarky and I will crack it this time!! :D

Hi all! I have finally plucked up the courage to post something today after reading some inspirational stories. I have tried diet after diet and done well for a few week but then lost track. I started my new journey in January, joined the gym and counted calories for the 1st few week now doing SW so far I have lost 20lbs.
This time I need to stick to it and lose the weight. I hate being overweight, my OH is slim and fit so I hate him touching me at the moment. I know he loves me dearly and I him but wanna feel good about myself again.
Would love to make friends with people on the same journey.

Searching for messages

Hi, is it possible to search for messages that you've posted? Only I posted something yesterday, and I can't find it! Many thanks.

Trying Again!

Hi there...I'm new too.
Have been dieting on and off for most of my adult life! Recently lost 2 stone on WW but then quit smoking at New Year and have put 7lbs back on. :mad:
Have switched to SW as I fancy a change. Need to lose the 7lbs I put on and at least another 2 on top of that really :cry:
I like the sound of a diet buddy although I'm not sure what that entails as I'm just getting used to the site! ;)

Hi Everyone just wanted to say I have been doing CD for one month exactly, lost a total of 14.4 pounds!!! The forums kept me going as I read alot of posts to get ideas and encouragement. Finally decided to register...I thought, maybe I can help another on their journey (especially in the tough beginning) by sharing stories. Good luck to all on your weight loss - if you stick to it, this diet really works!!!

Hello all, I'm Caroline. I started SW three weeks ago. I've got about 3 stone to lose, then I'd like to maintain my new weight for at least 6-8 months.

I initially lost weight in 2005 when I found out I had type 2 diabetes; I went on the GI diet and was very strict (mostly out of sheer terror) and I lost 3 and a bit stone but I think I lost it too fast.

I then had a lot of upheaval with moving house etc and it all just went right back on slowly. I lost a bit back in 2009 but again I've gone up!!

Since joining SW I've found I enjoy cooking more than I ever did so I'm here to find some tried and tested recipes!

Hi there. I'm lena and am on day 6 of s&s and so far so good thought finding the sunny Saturday hard without a wee glass of wine and a seat in the garden :-(

Hi there. I'm lena and am on day 6 of s&s and so far so good thought finding the sunny Saturday hard without a wee glass of wine and a seat in the garden :-(

Welcome weelena1 and well done on getting to day 6...you will be rewarded for staying on track on weigh in day!

Here is the link below to the Slim and Save forum and if you click on it, it will bring you there and please introduce yourself there and say hello, the members are very friendly and will give you loads of support!

Slim And Save - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

You might like to start a diary in the Slim and Save diary forum.

Slim and Save - Diaries - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Have a look around the Slim and Save forum as it will help keep your mind of temptation:)

Hi Everyone just wanted to say I have been doing CD for one month exactly, lost a total of 14.4 pounds!!! The forums kept me going as I read alot of posts to get ideas and encouragement. Finally decided to register...I thought, maybe I can help another on their journey (especially in the tough beginning) by sharing stories. Good luck to all on your weight loss - if you stick to it, this diet really works!!!

Welcome cdlulu and Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

Hello all, I'm Caroline. I started SW three weeks ago. I've got about 3 stone to lose, then I'd like to maintain my new weight for at least 6-8 months.

I initially lost weight in 2005 when I found out I had type 2 diabetes; I went on the GI diet and was very strict (mostly out of sheer terror) and I lost 3 and a bit stone but I think I lost it too fast.

I then had a lot of upheaval with moving house etc and it all just went right back on slowly. I lost a bit back in 2009 but again I've gone up!!

Since joining SW I've found I enjoy cooking more than I ever did so I'm here to find some tried and tested recipes!

Welcome CazzaLazarou,

You did well losing over 3 stone before and I am sure you will do it again.

Life does seem to have a habit of throwing us off track from time to time best to put it behind you and move forward.

You will find loads of lovely recipes in the recipe forums, here's a few links to the SW forums to help get you about.

Slimming World - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/248176-welcome-newbies-2012-say-hello-here.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html

SW Sizzling Summer Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Slimming World Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

SW Winter Warmer Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

If you need any help be sure to ask:)

Having just spent the last hour trying to work out how to post, I realised I hadn't clicked the link to activate my account. Now I'm not even sure I'm doing this right, but here goes!

I'm new (as you may have guessed!). However, I now have to go and get my boys some lunch, so I'll have to come back later!

Lib

Hi. So very glad to find this site! Like many people I lost some weight and then became stuck! I have now been on Orlistat for 2 months and have lost 15lbs but I'm getting very nervous about maintaining consistent weight loss (and a little impatient too I admit). Looking forward to reading more about other peoples adventures and getting inspired. Thanks!
Roo

Trying again while boys asleep!

Right, I joined this morning but couldn't finish due to two small boys, one off nursery with a poorly tummy

I used to weigh 16 stone at a size 20. Having always been on the podgy size, I then piled on weight at uni due to bad eating habits, a non existent routine and no exercise. Just before I got together with my now husband, I managed to lose 3 stone without even trying (to this day I maintain I was love sick, we spent 6 months getting to know each other from a long distance before we properly got together, and I stopped over eating!). So I got down to 12 1/2 stone, and after having two children I managed to lose the stone I had put on quite quickly. However, I still have a couple of stone to go, and need a good kick up the backside to get there. I can't find a slimming world or weight watchers class that I can make at the moment, so I'm made up that I have stumbled across this site today! I have recently developed an aversion to chocolate as I have been suffering from migraines and have managed to lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks just not eating chocolate! I have a friends wedding in May, and am determined to lose a stone before.

Now off to explore the rest of the site!

Lib

Hi there :wave_cry: I'm Andrea and I started at Slimming World a week and a day ago. I weighed in at 12stones 13lbs which is the heaviest I've ever been - great time to do something about it then methinks... My first Weigh In was yesterday and I lost 4lbs which I'm really chuffed about.

I never really struggled with my weight until after uni when career took over and I became much less active and more reliant on fast food.
In the last ten years I have yo-yoed a bit but the weight always seems to come back on and then some.

I'm really loving Slimming World, (so far) but I think that just having made the decision to commit to doing something about my weight has really motivated me and improved my well being already. I think that having a diet with structure but that isn't too strict with regard to missing out completely on certain foods is ideal for me as previous diets have always left me feeling deprived of those taboo foods and just made me want them even more, so much so that willpower is never enough, and thus the cycle begins again. I know I'm probably not saying anything new here and that many people can relate with these things so I'm so pleased to have stumbled across this forum.

Have just returned form a 2 hour walk along the River Wear on this glorious sunny day and it's definitely put me in high spirits. I feel like I can definitely do it this time, so am off to do my healthy shop now.

Hope to speak to many of you soon and can't wait to hear your stories too.

Andrea x

Hi Irene, I hope you are well. I have had a terrible day and my friend has just told me about MiniMins so I thought I would join and see if I can get the help and support I desperately need. I feel like I am a bit of a hopeless case and I'm fighting the constant weight loss battle. Firstly, I am after a bit of general site advice. I can't see where to upload a photo so I can personalise my profile. Also I only know my weight in stone, could you help me convert so I can add this to my profile? My current weight is 12st 6lbs, my starting weight was 12st 8lbs and my ideal weight is 11st. I'm sorry for all the questions but I would like to get my profile up and running. Oh and how do I start my own new message, again I can see where to reply to someone but not how to start a new. Thanks in advance Irene, I hope to hear from you. Lucy x

Back