A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

Hi. I've been doin sw for 34 weeks now and have lost 5st 1.5lb as of last night :) I have found this site helpful during that time and now feel I can contribute and help others so thought I should register.

Have been here before and did well then stopped due to life circumstancs....Back now bigger than ever but motivated and no ho much the support here can help so wanted to say hi :)

Hi - Newbie here too,

Tried most of the diets, have gone back to good ol' calorie counting as that seems to work - even if it doesn't come of as quick as I like LOL

Good luck to all :)

Whatever works for you Snowbaby67 everyone is different and some diets dont suit other people

Hy joined sw 9 weeks ago have been flicking through the site since then so thought I'd register to try and get some diet buddies I'm 58 and nanny to 6 so any other "young nannies out there" would love to hear from you.

Hello all, I just joined this site today after it cropping up in my google searches when i've been trying to hunt down Pro Points for one thing or another. I've half-heartedly been on weight watchers for about six weeks now but I haven't been sticking to it properly and the scales have continued to creep up to the point that i'm now over a stone heavier than i was last year. Not good! I was looking through some photographs on my phone yesterday from around 8 months ago and my word can you tell! Going on nights out (something I used to love) is now starting to fill me with panic and dread as a lot of my clothes are becoming tight and uncomfortable and some of them I outright can't fit into! I refuse to buy a size up as i am determined that this is a temporary weight gain and I'm hoping that all the lovely skinny person clothes in my wardrobe will serve as motivation to shed some pounds! I'm going to start back on weight watchers on Monday and I am determined to stick to the points this time! My birthday is in November and I'm also relocating to Glasgow to move in with my boyfriend that month and I'm hoping to be back down to 115lb by then which gives me just over two months to shed 12lb. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you with your weight loss goals!

Hi everyone, I'm new here today too.

I've lost a stone and a half since the spring (still a long way to go) but feeling more confident and inspired to continue now. I found this site while googling and thought I saw a subsection for veggies and vegans, but I can't find it now. Am I right?

Last edited:
Hi ive found this site through googling also. Very handy :) I joined slimming world early last year but then fell pregnant. Since having my baby in january ive lost 1st 1lb. I keep switching from slimming world to weight watchers. I really cant decide which one i prefer. I love carbs where slimming world comes in great as i can eat pasta, potatoes etc but then weight watchers has the calculator so i can work out other point values etc, however i hate being limited to points! I was bridesmaid in august this year so gave me some incentive to keep up with dieting but now thats over im beginning to struggle. I really need some will power...i found going to the groups really helped as the weekly weigh ins were infront of people and you dont want to embarrass yourself by gaining weight but now i cant afford to go along its really becoming difficult for me to continue. I am hoping that you guys on here can help me get that will power back and continue to lose the baby weight :)

Hi! I joined Slimming World ages ago but unfortunately due to my lack of will power, I gave up and the weight gradually piled on. I rejoined about a month ago with my mum and have kept on it with her. Im only 16 so find it difficult to confide to all my slim friends about how I struggle with my weight so its really nice to have a site like this! :)

Hi, have been starting and restarting Slimming World for a few years now - but I seem to be heavier than ever and 16.8 today :( so I've got to beat this thing now(!). Restarted today for good this time! No classes, just this site so Hi everyone!!

Hello all,

Have joined SW this week and extremely happy to find this forum. Am still finding my feet through all the stuff; and trying to find the difference betzeen Original; Extra easy; food diary. I am doing this diet online.
Am from Malta but live in Belgium, and have 3 stones to lose.

Nice to vitually meet all of you

Hi All,

I have joined the site mostly because my partner has recently started lipotrim and I am trying to support her in any way I can. I had a look around the internet in general and around this site, and I found quite a few threads helpful. In particular it has really helped to see what others are going through and read their perspectives on what it is like. She posts here and I know she has found the forum very helpful too.

I do currently need to lose weight myself and am considering lipotrim as my partner has recommended it and is seeing great results with it, but I am currently not sure if it is the right thing for me to do. My weight has been fluctuating for years between about 12 and 16 stone - I'm close to the 16 stone mark at the minute - and I'm usually able to lose it fairly easily through other methods when I try.

Hi everyone, ive just startd lipotrim today and feel so shakey! Is this normal. I done it 4yrs ago and lost 2stone but i cant remember having any side effects :\

:sign0144:

I have been on the site for 2 days now, just embarked on the Cambridge diet on Monday and thought this looked like a great place for info and support.. so thought I'd say HI!

Hi Xtina,

I did lipotrim a while ago and the first 4/5 days were difficult and I felt quite spinny and a bit head-rushey... shakes down to no caffeine or sugar maybe? Depends how 'drastic' a change it is for you... I've not been too bad on Cambridge partly because I don't have a lot of caffeine/sugar but also am making sure I am drinking loads more fluid than I thought possible!

Good luck

Hi Nanny noonoo - I found this site today and I'd like to be your diet buddy. I'm a Gran to 5 and also have three step-grandchildren. I'm a bit older at 63! I joined SW on 15th May and have lost 3 stone to date. I weighed 13 stone last Wednesday and aim to get down to 10 stone eventually.
I'm finding extra easy to be a really good diet plan and am not having much trouble sticking to it.

Hello, iv been doin Slimming World on my own for a couple of weeks now and have lost around 4lbs. Im not sure how i found this site but it seems to have a massive amount of followers and plenty of helpful tips for me, so thank you to everyone for those and once i get to grips with this site il hopefully add a few myself :)

Hello and I'm very happy to be here - like others, this site came up in Google searches while I was looking into Slimming World recipes and Syns. I've now joined a local group and have lost 11 pounds in my first three weeks - plus it really feels like something I can stick to. I look forward to sharing some of my experiences which I hope will help others in the same way you are helping me!

Hello :) my name is Rachel, I'm 24 (just, it was my birthday last week!), I am just trying to get healthy and maybe drop a few dress sizes. I am eating healthy and exercising 45minutes 5 times a week. I started on September 3rd, and have lost 7lbs so far.

Back