A WinkOfPink And A Target Food Diary_

I'm really *really* looking forward to it, I love all things vintage and i'm very much a tea and scones kinda gal. Aww that sounds lovely hun, lately I prefer having a home-takeaway than going out for a meal, especially with the rubbish weather (and while the Xfactor is on;))

Wow! Your birthday plans sound awesome! Still can't believe your going to Lapland, your going to have such a fantastic time! I went to see The Lion King a couple of years a go when I went to New York, I thought it was AMAZING! I was going to go and watch it at Manchester too (my hometown:D) BUT… I have a confession to make… I have NEVER watched The Lion King (i know, i know, i've not lived lol) I love all of the Disney classic's too! I think I need to get it on DVD and re-live my childhood LOL!

I'm pleasantly surprised at the creme caramel, for some reason I expected it to taste a bit sickly, but it's not like that at all, it's lovely! I'm really looking forward to trying the Spiced winter, it smells amazing! I've just ordered the glass teacup and a couple of pyramids for my cousins birthday (a fellow avid tea drinker) 2 orders in the space of 2/3 days…they're going to think i'm obsessed:D LOL!! xx

You've never seen the Lion King?! I'm seriously re-considering our online friendship ;) It's amazing!! Can't wait to see the stage show again in Jan :D

I'm really looking forward to my birthday. Couldn't care less about turning 30 except that it means I have an excuse to do all these amazing things :D Yeah. I'm still struggling to get to grips with the idea that I'm going to actually go to Lapland/the arctic circle! AND we get to do all this amazing stuff!

Glad you liked the tea. I might order some of that this year. Only got the taster box last time and it didn't last long ;)

I know i'm ashamed myself LOL! I was more of a Jungle Book lover myself and I liked the happy-ever-after Disney classics like Cinderella, Pocahontas and Beauty and the beast. I heard The Lion King's quite emotional… and that scar is such a badass!

I have had a major blonde moment… delving into my Teapigs stash this morning I noticed i'd actually opened the Chai tea yesterday and NOT the creme caramel (honestly, how do I get through life LOL!!…) I thought I was quite surprised at the taste, it wasn't what I expected, I couldn't really taste the caramel …now I know why! In my defence, both boxes are quite similar...(well thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it!!;))

FRIDAY 21ST SEP

BREAKFAST
Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)
Teapigs breakfast tea(splash milk from HxA)

LUNCH
1 slice nimble wholemeal(2.5), 1tsp jam(1)
cup of tea(milk from HxA)

DINNER
Chinese chicken stir-fry: chicken breast, stir-
fry veg, rice noodles with spring onions(0.5)
and Chinese stir-fry sauce(5)

Syns total: 10 syns

I had such a fantastic time at the Vintage Tea Party this afternoon. All guests were greeted with strawberries and champayne (just strawberries for me as i'm on medication, boo!) We sat round rickety old tables piled high with mismatching vintage china (I was in my element!), sandwiches, scones and lots and lots of cakes. The host also organised a candy buffet, with I tried to keep a 5ft distance between us at all times LOL!!

270536CF-7A9D-4463-B159-F4030D6A6921-628-00000073DF609DB2_zps0fbc4177.jpg

AC2CBA68-10AC-47B3-9B70-E4A1C37FE26F-628-00000073D30E4920_zps706a6355.jpg

SATURDAY 22ND SEP

BREAKFAST
2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA),
Chopped banana

LUNCH
Strawberries
Cup of tea(using milk from HxA)

Small fruit scone(average 50g scone is 8 syns
but this one was tiny! So i'll put it as 7)
1tsp strawb jam(1)

DINNER
SW chicken curry, small serving of boiled
rice and a couple of Asda's Extra Special
chunky oven chips(5)
Syns total: 13 syns

Last edited:
Essay Alert!! ;)...
Since starting this diary i've had a couple of comments and messages regarding maintaining weight on slimming world and why i'm still following the plan 100%, so I thought i'd address this in my diary and also for other members who come across my diary, so they will know a bit more about me and my journey.

I just want to start by saying i'm no expert and what works for me, may not necessarily work for others, but I have managed to maintain my weight loss for almost 2 years, this is by being committed and consistent. The hardest part is in maintaining your weight loss - so this is where you really need to be committed to your healthy way of eating, as it is all so easy to slip back into old habits.

I've been asked why I still follow the SW plan 100% so I just wanted to explain my theory on this. In my eyes, a DIET is just a four letter word, an "i'll start it on Monday" on and off eating regimes, it's calorie counting, deprivation, hunger, dieting do's and don'ts - It's something i've never been able to stick to.
With Slimming World, your not starting a diet, but you are embarking on a whole new healthy eating lifestyle change. You learn how to cook and prepare your meals the healthiest possible way, how to food optimise, how to make sure you are including enough calcium and fibre into your diet etc. Upon reaching your target weight, you cannot simply just fall back into old habits, to maintain your weight loss, you have to continue to follow the plan - it's there to set you up for life.

With slimming World, we are given a maximum of 15 syns to use daily, which are designed to stop us from calorie/fat counting and to be used to make sure we can still enjoy our favourite treats. (Which I believe is the reason why SW is so successful, allowing us to have a little bit of what we fancy, which we wouldn't usually allow on a typical "diet", helps us to stay on track and not give in because we treated ourself to a couple of biscuits!)
When we first join Slimming World, the consultant's stress that we must use our daily syns and the reason for this is because slowly as you start to reach your target weight, your body becomes accustomed to what you are eating, meaning your weight loss will begin to slow, so you will have to adjust your syns to a lower amount to continue to loose weight, most members will find it very difficult loosing those last few pounds to reach their target weight and so have to further reduce their syns.
When you reach your target weight, it's a whole new ball game and for the first couple of weeks I continued to loose weight and eventually had to start paying membership again, until I got back up to my target weight. As you no longer need to loose weight, you need to find the right balance. There are 2 successful ways to maintain your weight loss: by adding an extra healthy extra (A and B choice) or increasing your syns.

I personally found that those last couple of weeks prior to reaching target, I was staying the same each week if I used 5-10 syns daily and this method stayed with me whilst maintaining my weight loss. There are times I still fluctuate under my target weight, but then I will just increase my syns to 15. It's all about finding what works for you. It takes months to find the right balance.
For the past couple of weeks I have been hovering 2-3lb under target, which I believe is because i've been trying to switch up my meals, as I have always followed extra easy and I am now trying to introduce red and green days, but this is nothing that can't be put right. I've heard similar stories from a few target members and they found that they were able to introduce a "treat night", not where they completely go off plan or have a binge, but they allow themselves to have a treat, and it hasn't affected there maintanance, so this is definitely something i'm considering trying.

The reason behind my food diary is because having always followed extra-easy, I wanted to introduce red and green days so that I could have the option of having 2 healthy extra's. I am still finding red and green days very difficult, as I never realised how much I rely on protein in my meals. So as you can probably see, I am more often that not following extra-easy, maybe this is just what works for me?
I truly value Minimins and having other members support and encouragement and I hope this post answers some of your questions.

:clap: Makes perfect sense. And whatever works for you dude!! I can see that sometimes you don't eat a lot or use many syns, but you seem to have worked out a balance and it really does seem to work for you. Maintaining for two years is an amazing achievement :)

Aww thank you love:D. I've just been asked about it quite a few times, so I thought it'd be easier if I explained on my diary.

I've not been very well today, full of a cold, feeling icky, achy and just well…horrible!:( So i've been in bed for most of the afternoon, hence the very strange cereal overdose, (I always reach for cereal when i'm ill).

SUNDAY 23RD SEP

BREAKFAST

Chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)
Cup of tea(using milk from HxA)

LUNCH
2 nimble wholemeal(HxB), 1tsp of
Utterly butterly(1.5)

LATE SNACK
Bowl of cornflakes (I didn't weigh it,
medium size bowl, call it 7 syns)
Skimmed milk(HxA)
Syns total: 9.5 syns

Last edited:
MONDAY 24TH SEP

BREAKFAST
Still wasn't very well today. Woke up feeling very lightheaded and faint so I had a very generous bowl of porridge. I didn't weigh it, but it was a medium size bowl, so i'm guessing an extra 3 syns.

Porridge Oat's(HxB+3), Skimmed milk(HxA)

1/2 chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)

LUNCH
Really wasn't up to eating, the smell of food was making me feel very nauseous.
Apple
Cup of tea, splash of milk(HxA)

DINNER
"Monday roast" pork loin steak,
broccoli,carrots, pea's, SW roast
potatoes and Bisto gravy(2)

Cadburys highlights hot choc(2)
Syns total: 8 syns

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you have the lurgy too. Some nasty stuff going about isn't there?! I've ok'd it with my boss that I don't come in for my shifts this week (was due for lates today and tomorrow, and a half day on Wed) Feel like crap! Cereal is awesome ;)

Awww man, now I want a roast lol! I had a kids tea tonight though. Chips, spaghetti, and burgers :D

Btw I just had a big mug of Teapigs Super Fruit tea. Had forgotten I had it. Was the last temple tho :(

Get well soon dude.xx

Thanks love! I think it's this horrible change in weather, it's been non-stop raining here for the past week or so. I'm glad you've sorted things out with your boss, you don't need the added worries - you just need to get yourself better! The worst thing about this miserable weather is I crave bowls of porridge allll the time… whether it's breakfast, dinner or tea.. and unfortunately porridge doesn't count towards my superfree;). I can't wait to try the Super fruit tea, I love herbal tea's. I've just had to stop writing this post to make a cup of Spiced Winter, look what you've done!! Lol xx

TUESDAY 25TH SEP

BREAKFAST
Small bowl of porridge oat's (last of the box) it was no way my 35g… I feel cheated!;)

1/2 chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)

LUNCH
1 Hovis nimble wholemeal(2.5)
1tsp strawberry jam(1)

DINNER
H'made skimmed latte(HxA)

2 Sainsbury's reduced fat sausages(5),

mashed potato, pea's, onions, gravy(2)
Syns total: 11.5 syns

Hi. I just had a read through your diary and now I'm craving a frothy coffee! I will have to have one tomorrow as I've used all of my HEXa for today.

I also absolutely love Tea Pigs and the creme caramel is so yummy. I had my last bag a couple of days ago so I'll need to put in another order and I may add the Christmas Spice to the shopping bag, it sounds amazing. I'm going to have to go have a look now! I may find a use for that voucher code you posted!
:D

I just had to go downstairs and make myself a tea pigs Mint & Liquorice. Yum!

Hi. I just had a read through your diary and now I'm craving a frothy coffee! I will have to have one tomorrow as I've used all of my HEXa for today.

I also absolutely love Tea Pigs and the creme caramel is so yummy. I had my last bag a couple of days ago so I'll need to put in another order and I may add the Christmas Spice to the shopping bag, it sounds amazing. I'm going to have to go have a look now! I may find a use for that voucher code you posted!
:D

I lurveee frothy coffee's!!!…especially in this weather. Even though I save my HX skimmed milk… they always feel very naughty! Lol

I've just had my last creme caramel today after tea… great excuse for me to put in another order! I ordered their glass teacup and saucer for my friend… It's so pretty! I NEED one in my life… so this could be the perfect excuse!;) (We definitely have to take advantage of this 20% discount code too!:p)

Did you know that you can double dip the herbal tea's? I've not given it a go yet with the Liquorice and Mint… but it's a great idea for when your stash is running low!:D ​xxx

WEDNESDAY 26TH SEP

BREAKFAST
2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana

LUNCH
I was at the dentist this morning and it took over 4 hours for the anaesthetic to wear off, so I wasn't able to eat or drink… i'm not sure how I functioned without a cuppa tea! I was having withdrawal symptoms lol;)

Cup of tea, dash skimmed milk(HxA)
Apple

DINNER
Wasn't very happy about tea:( I much prefer meals using fresh ingredients, but everybody else was having steak and kidney puddings (a whopping 14.5 syns each!)

Birds Eye Simply haddock fillet in
breadcrumbs(7.5) Mccains home fries,
straight cut(2.5) and mushy pea's.

Teapigs Rooibos creme caramel tea
Syns total: 10 syns

Dentist anaesthetic is such a pain lol!! Hope you're ok? Look what you've started now with the Teapigs?! :p I think you picked the much nicer, healthier option there. Even as a non-veggie I couldn't do kidney!
Kelly.x

I'm sure he gave me an extra needle for the fun of it! Lol… try singing along to the radio with a numb mouth and tongue… I was desperate for a cup of tea (but didn't think the dribbling look would be too attractive;))

I love it!! We're like Teapigs groupie's lol!! I think they are quite addictive! As soon as I see or hear of somebody making a cuppa... I HAVE to have one! I'm sure my mum's been dabbling in my Teapigs stash;)… since I gave her a chai teabag to try… my tea piggies are running awfully low.

Aww thank you, i've not had much fresh fruit and veg this week, so i'm craving some meals made from scratch! I'm not really a lover of red meat, if it wasn't for chicken I think I could quite happily go veggie! I've actually be having a look at some vegan blogs and theres a cookbook i'm thinking of ordering, to give me some new meals inspiration! xxx

THURSDAY 27TH SEP

BREAKFAST
2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana
2x Cups of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
1 slice Hovis nimble wholemeal (½ HxB)
1 tsp strawberry jam(1)

DINNER
Jacket potato and baked beans
Cup of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

Homemade Apple and Rhubarb Crumble (½HxB*+6½)
150g Tesco low-fat custard(6½)
*Deduced 2½ syns as i'm using my stewed apples and rhubarb as ½ HxB
Syns total: 14 syns

Last edited:
It's my birthday tomorrow and so it's practically tradition that we'll have all the family round tomorrow evening, so we've had a nice chilled night tonight ...and as it's my birthday, I thought i'd treat myself to a yummy apple and rhubarb crumble! Mmmm… it was scrumdiddlyumptious!! :D

For those of you interested, here's the recipe;) *evil laughter* muhahaha!

Apple and Rhubarb Crumble

Serves 3

Ingredients:
10oz/284g baking apples
10½oz/396g rhubarb
2oz/56g self raising flour
2oz/56g flora light
2 cups water

8 tbsp sweetener
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4. Peel, core and chop the apples and rhubarb into chunks. Place the apple and rhubarb into a saucepan with 1½ cups of water, over a low heat and sprinkle with 6tbsp sweetener. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally for approximately 10-12 minutes until the apple and rhubarb is tender.

2. Make the crumble: in a bowl mix together the self-raising flour with 2tbsp sweetener, 1tsp cinnamon and 1tsp vanilla essence. Mix the low-fat spread into the flour using your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.

3. Divide the stewed apple and rhubarb evenly between 3 individual baking tins, then spoon the crumble mixture over the top and sprinkle a little sugar over each crumble.

4. Place the crumbles in the middle of a hot oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and the apples have started to bubble, then serve!

I added the sugar to the topping as the apple and rhubarb can still taste quite sour using the sweetener, it also gives the crumble a sweet, crunchy topping like a real apple crumble!

Syns breakdown:
10oz/284g cooking apples (5 syns)
10½oz/396g rhubarb (1 syn)
2oz/56g self raising flour (9 syns)
2oz/56g flora light (10 syns)
2tsp sugar (2 syns)

Total: 9 syns per serving

CFB81836-F8B4-4A6E-9305-2980C1E591E2-1378-0000022D30F56D1E_zps03cfc151.jpg

Please excuse the awful photo... I've accidentally deleted the photo I took before serving!

Last edited:
Back