A WinkOfPink And A Target Food Diary_

Awww thank you hun!:D ... I needed some comfort food to drown my sorrows of turning another year older!:cry:(The crumbles looked SO GOOD in there little dishes, yummy bubbling apple... and i've accidentally deleted the pic! Oh well, there's an excuse to make it again... strictly for picture purpose's! ;)) xx

Last edited:
Happy Birthday for tomorrow. I hope you have a fab day! X

Lol! Another year older... bbut how old are you?! ;) No point getting upset about it, you can't stop it :p Plus it's an excuse for nice prezzies, nice food, and fun stuff :D x

I know… another year older. Lol the big 23 now!! I have to say, I don't get as excited about birthday's anymore (although it's nice to be spoilt for the day;)) xx

Oh dear, yesterday could quite possibly of been a disastrous day… I should have known my birthday would have been "attack of the fudge cake" day LOL! My mum came home in the afternoon armed with a giant double chocolate fudge cake. OMG!! It was one beast of a cake! It had two types of chocolate frosting, milk and dark chocolate pastry cream, glossy ganache finnish, dark chocolate curls….you get the idea. Just to torture myself that little bit more, I managed to work out the syns!! There was 15 deadly syns in a 100g slice. Having the monster sat in my kitchen was proving far too tempting, so I handed out as much as I could to the family… and (i'm not sure if this is a good thing or not…) apparently it was far too rich and sickly… so in the end I didn't even have a piece…. BUT there's still a couple of slice's calling my name from the kitchen….:rolleyes:

FRIDAY 28TH SEP

BREAKFAST
Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)
Cup of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
I went shopping at lunch and didn't get back till late, so didn't have anything for lunch.
2x Cups of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

DINNER
Strawberries

Chinese takeaway: boiled rice and ½
carton of chinese curry sauce(3)
Syns total: 4 syns

SATURDAY 29TH SEP

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
1/2 chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)

LUNCH
1 Hovis nimble wholemeal(2.5)
1tsp strawberry jam(1)
2x cups of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

DINNER
SW chicken tikka masala:
Onions, garlic, red chilli, chopped toms,
tomato purée, chicken breasts, Tesco
Light Choices natural yogurt, fromage frais,
tikka curry powder, etc...
Served with boiled rice and a couple of
McCains home fries, straight-cut(2.5)
Syns total: 7 syns

Last edited:
Hi, I've just had a read through your diary and have sent the boyfriend out to buy ingredients to make your scones! Very excited! Lol.

It's nice to see a food diary of someone who is at target...I think most people get to target and resume their old eating habits which, of course, means putting the weight back on. Last time I nearly got to target I had family and friends asking why I was still eating 'diet' food when I didn't need to...I did end up putting some weight back on but here I am losing it again lol.

Will let you know how the scones go! x

Hello!! I've been hunting out target diaries for inspiration and guidance, even though I'm nowhere near target and almost 7 months pregnant haha!! It's just nice to know how people work the plan to suit their lifestyles when they reach target. Congratulations on reaching target!!! Did it take you long? I must admit I did think you ate too little, read your nicely worded explanation but I still think you eat too little lol. Have you never been a big lunch eater, even when you were larger? My husband doesn't eat much at lunchtime either, he has a big breakfast and big dinner. I find the concept facinating as I start to get light headed at lunchtime (unless I have my hunger blaster pumpkin porridge for breakfast http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/294288-overnight-slowcooker-pumpkin-porridge.html )

So have you changed how much you eat at all, since you reached target? Are you eating all your HEXs per maintenance? How has your weight been since target? Up, down, the same? I'm so anxious to get to bl00dy target. I'm not having any more kids so this time I better do it! Congratulations again!

Cheekychinchilla
I had a really lovely, relaxing birthday thanks Cheeky! We usually have a party at my house, last year we set up a big candy buffet with lots of retro sweets from my childhood, but with the weather being rubbish, we decided just to have the family round for a takeaway (I must be getting old;) lol)

Oh yes, every time I open the fridge its whispering sweet nothings.… LOL!

Lisa2
Hi Lisa, i'm really chuffed your going to try out the scones… you'll have to let me know how they turn out! A few of my friends have now tried them and until I told them, nobody had guessed they were a "lighter" recipe;).

Thank you for the kind words, that was my main concern when I first reached target, I didn't want to start slipping off plan just because I was at target. I think it's a common missconception that once you reach target, you can relax with the plan. (I don't really want to use the word "relax" because reaching target is a huge achievement and you should most definitely reward yourself!) but what i'm trying to say is that the battle doesn't stop once you reach target, it takes a lot of determination to stop yourself slipping back into old habits and maintaining the weight-loss.
Also, I wanted to say congratulations on your weight-loss hun, 2 and a half stone is amazing and you're already so close to reaching target! xxx

Honeyoc
Hi Honey, it's lovely to see you on my diary:) - i've seen quite a few of your meal pics/recipes on the "post your food pics…" thread and I have to say, all of your meals look incredible! Do you have a blog Honey?
My mum joined SW first and so I started having the same meals in the evening, but I didn't officially join until September 2010 and I reached target in January 2011, but i'd say in total it took approx 8 months. I've never really been a big lunch eater... I was nicknamed the "fruit girl" at work because i'd always be eating fruit, i'd always have tubs of strawberries, melon and pineapple on my desk and would much prefer them over a sandwich for dinner. My mum says i've always been the same, in almost every baby photo i'm eating a peach or banana lol!

I always try to have a decent breakfast and a big dinner, I know that what I have for lunch does come across as very little, but I think the same could be said for those who skip breakfast, if I skipped breakfast I don't think i'd be able to function, let alone survive until lunch LOL! :eek: You're hunger blaster pumpkin porridge sounds lovely! I've never tried pumpkin in porridge, but i'll definitely have to give it a go!

Since reaching target, I've not really changed how much I eat. Before I reached target I found the last few pounds just didn't want to come off lol, so I had to reduce my syns as I was having 7-10 at the time and was STS most weeks. So after reaching target, I used the same theory and found that using 5-10 syns works best for me. My weight has very much STS since, there are times I fluctuate a couple of pounds under/over target (like at the moment, I've been hovering 2-3lb under target) so as I mainly follow EE, i've been using my syns on extra HXB's (bread, cereal etc). I don't really want to get into the habit of having extra HX's as I think it kind of defeats the EE plan. I hope this has answered some of your questions Honey, (i'm terrible at explaining things:rolleyes: lol)

Following SW during pregnancy is such an incredible achievement in itself, you should be so proud, and with all your delicious meals and recipes, i'm sure you'll reach target in no time Honey!:D xx

SUNDAY 30TH SEP

BREAKFAST
Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
Fruit salad pot: strawberries, melon,
apple and red grapes.

DINNER
Roast dinner: broccoli, cauliflower,
carrots, SW roast potatoes, roast
beef and gravy(2)

Cadburys highlights hot chocolate(2)
Syns total: 5 syns

Last edited:
Aww thank you so much for responding so graciously. I was worried I'd just asked you the same ol' annoying question yet again! You made a great point in saying lots of people eat fruit for breakfast and no one bats an eyelid but eat fruit for lunch and suddenly you're starving yourself (guilty as charged!)

Anyway well done on your continued success at maintaining, I'll still be stalking you for inspiration in preparation for when I reach target!! :D

Hey those scones were a massive success!! My family scoffed them all ( except for the one I hid lol) and begged me to make more today which I did....my other half is so fussy with 'diet' stuff too.
I took a pic on my diary if you wanna peek.

Yes I'm nearly at target....I'm dreading maintaining as I think it's much harder than losing the weight. x

Honeyoc
Aww thank you Honey, I really appreciate it:). I'm just going to grab a cup of tea and then have a read of your food diary!

Lisa2
Hi Lisa, aww i'm so glad you enjoyed them! (and managed to save one for yourself;)) I've just had a quick look and they look delicious with the strawberry jam and greek yogurt! I can't wait to try one with some anchor light cream and frozen berries! Mmmm... I never tell anybody they're SW friendly, until after they've had one:D… I think the words "lighter/diet" puts them off straight away lol. xx

MONDAY 1ST OCT

BREAKFAST

2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana
Cup of tea, splash of milk(HxA)

LUNCH
Banana
Pear
Cup of tea, splash of milk(HxA)

DINNER
Young's large cod fillet in breadcrumbs(HxB+4)
SW chips and mushy pea's.

One of my SW scones(6.5) + 1tsp butter(1)
and 1tsp strawberry jam(1)
Syns total: 12.5 syns

Last edited:
TUESDAY 2ND OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oat's(HxB),Skimmed milk(HxA)
Cup of tea, dash skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
H'made skimmed latte(using milk from HxB)
Banana
Honey melon

DINNER
Garlic chicken one-pot: onions, garlic,
carrots, celery, chicken breasts,
new
potatoes and chicken stock.

and i'm going to have a Highlights hot chocolate later (2 syns)
I was also bought a box of Thornton's choc's for my birthday, so I might have one or two later. I can't believe they are 3-3.5 syns each!!… I'm not a big chocolate lover, but I do have a weakness for Thornton's! Mmmm… I'm just glad it wasn't a bag of their Viennese Truffles... they are *divine* and i'm not sure I could stop at one;) lol

Syns total: 3 syns (so far!)

Last edited:
Now my dad despises the idea of "diet, light, healthy baking" recipes… as soon as I mention the word "slimming…" it suddenly kills his appetite and trust me, he's not one to refuse food;)

I slyly offered him a brownie and nervously awaited his response….
"They are very chocolatey…. mmmm…"
"So you like them?"
"I think i'll need another to decide…"

This means that he likes them. Really likes them. He even suggested they would be delicious served with vanilla ice-cream. Result!

Now, do I tell him they were "healthy" or should I wait till he's finished them off;)

46D7365C-CF2E-4321-9016-5661039F66CD-783-000001021B8B302C_zps104c0662.jpg

Chocolate Brownies

Recipe adapted from http://yummyhealthyeasy.blogspot.co.uk/

Makes 8
Syns - 4 each

Ingredients:
84g/3oz self raising flour
28g/1oz chocolate chips
28g/1oz caster sugar
28g/1oz sweetener
2 tbsp I can't believe it's not butter light
2 tbsp Tesco fat reduced cocoa powder
1 tsp icing sugar
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
Frylight

Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4.
- In a small saucepan melt the margarine and then remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, vanilla extract and water. Then add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix until all the ingredients are well combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the bottom of a small square baking tin (approx 8x4x2") with frylight and then pour the batter into the tin.
- Transfer the baking tin to the middle shelf of a hot oven and bake for approx 18-20 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted in the centre of the brownie comes out clean.
- Allow the brownie to cool completely. Once cooled, run a knife around the edge of the baking tin and then gently lift the brownie out. Cut into 8 equal pieces and then sprinkle 1tsp powdered sugar over the brownies.

Tip: Don't get icing sugar happy like I did, less is definitely more
:D LOL!

Syns breakdown:
84g/3oz self raising flour (13.5 syns)
28g/1 oz chocolate chips (7 syns)
28g/1oz caster sugar (5.5 syns)
2 tbsp I can't believe it's not butter light (5 syns)
2 tbsp Tesco fat reduced cocoa powder (1 syn)
1 tsp icing sugar (0.5 syns)
Total: 4 syns each

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY 3RD OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oat's(HxB),Skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
2x cups of tea, dash skimmed milk(HxA)
Strawberries

DINNER
Jacket potato and chicken tikka masala:
Onions, garlic, red chilli, chopped toms,
tomato purée, chicken breasts, natural
yogurt, fromage frais,tikka powder

Cadburys highlights(2)
Syns total: 3 syns

Oh my god! Brownies! I *have* to try this.

Your dad sounds like my other half...any mention of diet or low fat and he won't even entertain the idea lol. X

Trying not to lick the screen, those brownies look sensational!!! I've copied and printed the recipe. 4 syns a piece is a great bargain!
I also copied the scone recipe. Looks so good!

Aww thank you ladies!!:D I'm so chuffed you like them! If you give them a go, let me know how they turn out!

Until recently I never really bothered with SW desserts/puddings or baking recipes. I always thought if i'm going to have a treat, I want to get down with the GOOD STUFF! After all, if it doesn't taste good.. it's not worth having! But i'm really enjoying experimenting with my favourite bakes and turning them into SW friendly recipes, especially as you can enjoy them keeping within your syns - and without the guilt!

(P.S. i've still not told my dad… I guess what he doesn't know won't hurt him;))

THURSDAY 4TH OCT

BREAKFAST
2 Weetabix(HxB),Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana,
2 x Cups of tea, dash skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
Strawberries, mango, pineapple and
peaches fruit mix
H'made frothy coffee(milk from HxA)

DINNER
Dinner was a disaster…. I was preparing Chilli and noticed we'd run out of chilli powder, so I made a quick dash to Sainsbury's to find they only had the "Hot Chilli Powder Extra Hot" left. "Wellllllll I can only try it…" I naively thought. Now I like a bit of a spice in my life, but this was pure fire on my plate:eek:, let's just say my taste buds were doing cartwheels and summersaults LOL!!

Spicy chilli con carne: onions, garlic,
chopped toms, kidney beans, baked
beans, extra lean steak mince, hot chilli
powder, cumin, paprika
Boiled rice & McCains home chips(2.5)

Banana and 150g Tesco low-fat custard(7)
Syns total: 9.5 syns

Back