A WinkOfPink And A Target Food Diary_

Yummy food, and boo about the chilli powder. My dinner didn't go too well either lol. Made a curry goat that didn't taste as luscious as I'd hoped.
Like you, I never even glanced at SW desserts but lately I've been thinking of trying out a few lower fat/sugar recipes just to see if they taste much different. I use a most of my syns within meals so I never have much leftover for treats lol, might have to tighten a few corners to be able to "afford" a scone or brownie :D

Last edited:
Oh no about the chilli powder!! I was a bit like that the first time I tried the Habanero Tabasco. You only need a bit Kelly..... :rolleyes: It is nice tho!

And I think I should have a go at some of your baking. My Sister follows WW and my Mum kinda does a mixture of SW and WW sometimes lol. Think they'd appreciate low cal stuffs too :D
Might make the brownies for my Mum coming home next week actually! x

Honeyoc
Aww i'm sorry to hear your curry goat wasn't as nice as you hoped Honey, it looked delicious in your photo (as does all you're meals!:)). I had to laugh afterwards about the chilli powder, my tongue was tingling it was that spicy! Although I have to say, it cleared up my cold…who needs lemsips?!;) Haha. I really enjoy the challenge of adapting recipes to low-syn SW friendly versions. (I also have a terrible imagination, so if it doesn't look or taste like a real scone… I just can't "visualise" it to be a real scone lol!!) xx

Cheekychinchilla
Oooh I don't think i've tried Habanero Tabasco… but i'm going to take that as a warning to stay away - my tongue still hasn't recovered from the chilli;). I have to admit when i'm cooking, I always get a little spice-happy, but I did go easy on the chilli powder lol!! Aww that's a lovely idea for your mum's return, my dad demolished all of the brownies and still has no inkling they are related to SW:D. I think they would be lovely with white chocolate chips too, or some chopped almonds! I think that's the best thing about them being so low in syns, you can play around with the recipe and add extra toppings! xx

Sorry i'm a little late with the replies and updating the diary, i've had such a busy weekend visiting family, birthdays, catching up with my friend and swooning over her new juicer (i'm a sucker for new kitchen gadgets!). I have gadget-envy. If only we didn't have to syn blended fruit…

Friday's dinner - Chicken stir-fry with rice noodles and Fresh Taste's Chinese stir-fry sauce(5 syns)

Saturday's dinner - SW chicken tikka masala (with onions, garlic, red chilli, tomatoes, ginger, natural yogurt, fromage frais) Served with boiled rice.

Sunday's dinner - Pork tenderloin roast dinner (with lots of veggies - broccoli, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and SW roastie's and gravy(2 syns). Also had a treat - Vanilla custard slice(12.5 syns)

MONDAY 08TH OCT

BREAKFAST
2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana
Cup of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
Chocolate snack a jack(3)
Strawberries

Apple

DINNER
Shepherds Pie (using extra-lean mince)
served with cauliflower and broccoli.
Bisto gravy(2)

Cadburys highlights hot choc(2)
Syns total: 7 syns

Cheekychinchilla
Lol "you just need a little bit", little being the key word… I think that could be my downfall;). I've had such a busy week, most of my family & friends birthdays are between Sep-Dec, 3 birthdays this week - so it's definitely been a busy one! That's probably the one SW rule I truly despise, I can understand why we have to syn cooked/stewed fruit etc, but it's very unfair that the same rules apply to smoothies, fruit juices etc :( (especially as in moderation, they can be so good for you!)

TUESDAY 09TH OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge oats(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped fig, 1tsp honey(1)
Cups of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
Chocolate chip Snack a jack(3)
Apple

DINNER
2 small jacket potatoes and baked beans

I made a rice pudding for dessert and tweaked my usual recipe by using all water instead of milk, then once the pudding rice had cooked and all the water had reduced, I topped it up using skimmed milk and placed it back in the oven until cooked. It was delicious!! Much creamier and it cooked a lot faster too!:D

S/W rice pudding - pudding rice, water,

sweetener and skimmed milk(HxA)
1 tsp strawberry jam(1)
Syns total: 5 syns

WEDNESDAY 10TH OCT

BREAKFAST
Chopped banana

LUNCH
Strawberries, mango, peaches &
pineapple fruit mix
Chocolate chip snack-a-jack(3)
Cup of tea, dash skimmed milk(HxA)

DINNER
3 slices WW wholemeal(HxB+3.5),
1tsp butter(1), poached egg and baked beans.

Syns total: 7.5 syns

I know, 2 days in a row! Would of been 3 today as I was going to have pasta and make a tomato based bolognese sauce, but we decided to do a stew in the slow cooker… and I was on a blummin' green day roll:D Aww that's lucky you had the cottage cheese on hand! Lol... I wish i'd of had some emergency yogurt on hand for the chilli, my tongue was on FIRE!:eek:

THURSDAY 11TH OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oats(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)

LUNCH
Strawberries, peaches, pineapple &
mango fruit mix with natural yogurt

DINNER
SW beef stew: onions, garlic, celery,
carros, chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs,
bay leaf, beef stock, gravy granules(2)
stewing beef & potatoes.
Syns total: 3 syns

Another weekend i've strayed from the diary! I'm coming towards the end of the birthdays I promise;) Friday to sunday's eat's haven't really been anything out of the ordinary, I really need to start experimenting with foods out of my "comfort zone" lol!

SATURDAY 13TH OCT

BREAKFAST

LUNCH
Strawberries, peaches, pineapple &
mango fruit mix

DINNER
SW Chicken tikka masala:
(Onions, garlic, red chilli, tomatoes,
tomato purée, chicken breasts, natural
yogurt, fromage frais, tikka powder)
Served with boiled rice and a couple of
McCains home fries(2.5)
Syns total: 3.5 syns

SUNDAY 14TH OCT

BREAKFAST
2x Cup's of tea, skimmed milk(HxA)

Apple

LATE LUNCH
Pork tenderloin, SW roast potatoes,
broccoli, cauliflower, carrot's, pea's,
Bisto gravy granules(2)

Stewed apples(2) and 200g Asda low-fat custard(9)
Syns total: 12 syns

MONDAY 15TH OCT

BREAKFAST
Chopped banana
Cup of tea, splash of milk(HxA)

LUNCH
Apple
Strawberries
Chocolate snack-a-jack(3)
Cup of tea, splash of milk(HxA)

DINNER
Chicken, lemon and garlic casserole:
(Onions, garlic, celery, carrots, lemon,
new potatoes, chicken breasts, etc)

Teapigs liquorice & mint tea

Syns total: 3 syns

Went to ikea tonight and I picked up something very exciting… a gingerbread house!!!! Although, it looks like I'm going to have to go back for another, as i've had an idea of creating a "haunted" house for halloween, so i'll need another for Christmas before they all sell out!
P1160342_zps03a73853.jpg

Aww thank you hun. I can't wait to put it together, i'm already starting to collect sweets to decorate it!:D

TUESDAY 16TH OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana, 1tsp Honey(1)
2x cup's of tea, splash of milk(HxA)

LUNCH
I was back at the dentist this afternoon and so couldn't eat or drink for a couple of hours afterwards:(… how I survived without a cup of tea, I don't know haha!

DINNER
H'made "frothy" coffee, using milk from(HxA)
Steak, baby new potatoes, pea's and creamy
peppercorn sauce(1.5)

SW scone(7), 1tsp flora light(1),
1tsp strawberry jam(1)
Syns total: 11.5 syns

Hi hun, nothing too bad thankfully, just a filling. It's all been quite a nuisance really:(, I wasn't too happy with my old dentist, so i've just signed up to a new practise and after what I thought was just a routine check up, i've had x-rays and a filling (my previous dentist hadn't picked up on!) *but* thankfully it's all done now. Aww i'm glad you managed to escape without needing any work:) (I was hoping for the same lol!!) xx

WEDNESDAY 17TH OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
2x Cup of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
Fruit salad: apple, melon, strawberries,
kiwi and red grapes.

DINNER
Jacket potato and chicken curry
(onions, garlic, red chilli, tomatoes,
tomato purée, chicken breasts,
natural yogurt, curry powder etc)

Syns total: 4 syns

Changing dentists is a bit of a faff isn't it? I changed mine about 4 years ago because the last one I was with didn't believe me when I told her normal anaesthetic doesn't work on my. So she carried on drilling even though I could feel everything. I had to push her off me, demanded a temp filling and got the hell out of there. Obv was too scared to go back and waited until my bloody tooth fell in half. Signed up to the one I'm at now and they're lovely. I hardly ever see the same dentist twice, but the whole staff seem nice. AND they believe me about the anaesthetic!!! I have to have the one without adrenaline, because the adrenaline causes me to have panic attacks and it stops the pain from being blocked. So yeah, still a little bit scared of dentists lol! Glad you're all sorted. Sounds like your new one is much better too :D

Changing dentists is a bit of a faff isn't it? I changed mine about 4 years ago because the last one I was with didn't believe me when I told her normal anaesthetic doesn't work on my. So she carried on drilling even though I could feel everything. I had to push her off me, demanded a temp filling and got the hell out of there. Obv was too scared to go back and waited until my bloody tooth fell in half. Signed up to the one I'm at now and they're lovely. I hardly ever see the same dentist twice, but the whole staff seem nice. AND they believe me about the anaesthetic!!! I have to have the one without adrenaline, because the adrenaline causes me to have panic attacks and it stops the pain from being blocked. So yeah, still a little bit scared of dentists lol! Glad you're all sorted. Sounds like your new one is much better too :D

Oh no, that sounds awful hun:( I can't believe she just carried on, let alone didn't believe you about the anaesthetic - why on earth would you lie?? :confused:
I've always had the same dentist ever since I was a little kiddywink lol, never had any problems, but unfortunately he moved. So I registered with a new dentist and was told I needed a filling, so I asked for a white filling because i'm not a big fan of the amalgam and was told that would be fine. Came to my appointment and she gave me an amalgam filling, didn't tell me and didn't pass me a mirror, so I only noticed when I got home (but you know when you just have a feeling?!). So I called to explain that it wasn't what I wanted, the receptionist spoke to the dentist and after a lot of fuss and whispering, she agreed to change it (but not until the following month) and I was asked to call back to find out how much I would be charged, when I called back I was told that it couldn't be changed:confused: I don't like complaining but I just found it very unprofessional, thankfully my new dentist has been great, i'm just relieved to have it all over and done with lol. xx

THURSDAY 18TH OCT

BREAKFAST
Porridge oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries,
with natural yogurt.

DINNER
We had some Richmond's sausage in the freezer that needed using so we made a sausage casserole. It was a really nice easy dinner, but adding up the syn values… a mahoosive 13.5 syns!:eek: (I could of had a takeaway for that!!) It seem's a bit of a waste when I could of used low-syn sausages and new potatoes, but i'll know for next time!

Colmans season & shake sausage casserole(2),
onions, tomatoes, red pepper, 2 Richmond
sausages(9), 100g Mccains 5% fat oven chips(2.5)
Syns total: 14.5 syns

Why couldn't they change your filling?! How ridiculous?! I know, couldn't believe it when that dentist didn't take me seriously. She said I couldn't feel any pain, just the vibration caused by the drill.... Erm no, I know what pain is. Silly bint! I'm much happier going to the dentist now, although any time I need anaesthetic I make sure they know which one!

That is a lot of syns. It's horrible when we make mistakes like that :( Surprise syns are horrible!

I have absolutely no idea hun, they agreed to it, then changed there mind. I understand that white fillings don't last as long as amalgam, but I was prepared to replace it (should it need replacing). I asked my friend who's a dental nurse for advice and she said that it didn't make sense:confused:, but she thinks it could be because that month, dentists have target deadlines/incentives for the year and so they need to do a certain number of amalgam fillings etc. I'm still really shocked that she didn't believe you, i've only slightly felt the drill when the anaesthetic was just kicking in and that was painful, so that must have been an awful experience for you!
It was a crazy amount of syns for what it was and it didn't look too unhealthy. It's crazy how syns can add up! I knew the Colmans season and shake mix was quite low in syns, it was just those darn sausages! Haha.

FRIDAY 19TH OCT

BREAKFAST
2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA),
Chopped banana

LUNCH
Orange
Bowl of strawberries
Teapigs liquorice & mint tea

DINNER
Homemade egg fried rice (so yummy:D)
Spring onions, omelette, pea's, soy sauce
Mayflower medium curry sauce(2)

2x Cup's of tea, skimmed milk(HxA)
Syns total: 5 syns + HxB left

Not the most pleasant of experiences. I've had a small filling done without anaesthetic too. Never again!!! Lol. At least it's all good now though and I can go alone now and not freak out :) It is really bizarre about your filling. Esp as you were willing to pay for it :confused:

Your food is really nice for today. I haven't made my own fried rice in ages! nice with some chopped up Quorn ham in too ;)

Back