A Year in the life of a yo-yo-dieter

Day 38 (Tuesday 8th September)

Still not weighing under 14st on morning weigh in's, I am so frustrated, I barely seem to be eating (although I am actually eating, but am eating much less than a non-dieting me would eat). I feel like I should just go back to high protein, but I knowI can't eat like that forever and will just put the weight back on and that this way of eating is more of a change of habit and lifestyle, but my goodness it's so slow going!

Did step class again on Saturday most of which I mastered apart from one routine, and after class she told me I had done really well, and the routine I struggled with was an advanced move anyway!

Monday I did a class with the same instructor called Body Tone, which was half fat burning and half toning exercises and it was quite hard going, but I didn't dislike it so am sure I will go again. It involved use of step, hand weights and barbells and floor exercises so there was lots of variety.

However unfortunately she is on holiday next week, and I can't go to step this Saturday as it's my son's birthday and I just know if I don't exercise for a week then I will never go back.

Have also started the first day of my walking routine which isn't much but it's half a mile to the bus stop from work, then 1.1 mile from the bus stop, down to the school, then home. This is because I no longer have my own car.

Back