A year to change my life: 8/6/18 it begins

blossom18

Hello all, I hope a few people will join me as I try and change my life for good this year.

I am 35, but my body feels ancient. I have always been very big, but all of a sudden I am really feeling it. My tummy gets in the way when I am trying to clean, put on socks, cut my toenails! All normal things I should be able to do. My back hurts and I just look terrible. I don't know why over the years I have tried so many diets and never managed to stick to anything. Maybe food means more to me than I care to admit. But I am at the stage where if I do not do something drastic about this, I am heading for real trouble and that scares me. I have a job I love, and I work very hard, but I am sure that I could do so much more if I got my health sorted.

I would love to shop in normal shops, have a proper bath, have energy and not ache all the time. Although the way I look is a motivation, the real challenge for me is about my lifestyle. I want the next year to be a time where I prepare my body for a whole new way of life. A time where I learn to make good choices and stick to being dedicated to myself. This time next year I am hoping to look for a new role, more senior to one I am in, and I do not want to go for interviews like this. So join me as I discover who I am turning into, and battle. It is going to be hard. But please do encourage me and don't let me give excuses. This has to be it.

Today I started the Cambridge Diet. Something I have never tried before. I was inspired by the Big Crash Diet show that was on. So far I have had a strawberry shake and a leek and potato soup, and both very very nice. Feeling OK so far. This week I am promising myself a 100% week to see what this diet can really do and also see that I can make tough decision and be strict and determined. I hope to use this space to journal as I fight for my life back this year. It really does feel like life or death to me now, even though I am not as ill as I could be. I dont have diabetes or anything else. But this weight is killing me, and I have a lot of life left to live.

I'm not stalking you, honest!

Am here with you, as you know. The time has come, we can do this :)

Lol no I'm greatful of the company!

I have finished day 1 of CWP! I feel ok. Think could have had a bit more water but I'm not far off what I'm supposed to have. I really enjoyed the macaroni cheese and the orange chewy bar, going to get more of those definitely!

Tomorrow will be tricky just because of a working lunch. I am going to either hide or tell everyone what I'm doing but I will stay on track!

Good morning all - its day 2!

Can't actually believe I am doing this! It feels extreme, but it also feels doable. I woke up hungry, but I have had my pint of milk ( i am allowed 4 products and 2 pints of milk a day) and the hunger has gone. I keep getting pins and needles? Anyone know if that is normal?!! I am off to a training day in a minute, with a ready made shake and a bar so that I can keep nibbling and drinking. Lunchtime will be hard as there is always a huge bring and share lunch and I will have to avoid comments about what I am doing. But I have decided I am staying on plan! There is always a reason, always an excuse to not do what I need to do and I am sick of it!

I told my best friend last night I had started Cambridge, and she kept going on about Slimming World. It was hard, but it has worked for her. It never taught me portions and I just couldn't stick to it. The meetings drove me mad too. Hopefully she will come round!

Products today will be: a banana shake, chocolate mint bar, chicken soup and porridge.

Have a good day folks, I'm off to work! Here is hoping I don't start to really struggle whilst out! At least I am not driving today, I am going with a friend.

B x

I sometimes think its better not to tell people you are dieting, because its often the case that their immediate reaction is to try to sabotage your efforts. Even people who have successfully dieted themselves are guilty of this. You have to be prepared for this and work out a way to deal with it when it happens and it will happen. A lot! It can be very demoralising and coupled with a bad day can spell trouble for you. Your friend should know better and be more supportive of your choice of diet, you need to explain this to her.

Good luck at work today, it will be a hurdle but im sure you will manage the challenge. Cant wait to hear how you got on.

So the day is going good so far!

Avoided the biscuits at coffee time! It is lunchtime now and I have found a quiet spot by a river and I'm chomping on my bar! I'm not feeling too bad, occasionally feel a but tired ndjits hard to concentrate but I thinking doing really well! I'm actually enjoying the products too. Wish they were bigger! But in surprised at how doable this is so far. I'm about a litre of water down too and still chugging.

Let's hope it stays this good! I have a mega busy day tomorrow and I need to be on good form!

Yay, well done :D

Hi, congrats on starting and hope you’re doing well, hope you don’t mind me reading your dairy for motivation x

Welcome Comet! I hope this will be a motivating place :)

Had a really tough couple to days. On the way home from my Training day I felt so sick in the car it was awful. All evening I felt rough, tried to stick to just the packs but in the end I did have some boiled eggs. Yesterday I was working all day and again did not feel good at all. Thought it was too easy at the start lol!

Anyway today I'm resting and trying to get over what ever this is. Not sure if you are supposed to feel this dreadful! I am going to see how the next 24hrs go. I have to say right now i dont know how anyone does this and if it is even possible with a busy life. But I will do this week and see how it goes at least.

The products are very tasty so that is at least one good thing. And I'm loving the water flavourings. I'm going to make some jelly with that and the mix a mousse.

Still this next year I dedicate to sorting myself out! That is not changed.

Have a good day folks!

Just realised I think I was being very negative! Im trying to perk myself up. That TV show made this look easy though lol.

In all seriousness I do wonder if this is for me, but lets see what I can do in a week. Maybe i will try step 2.

Its such a glorious day! Hope you are enjoying it x

The first few days are really hard, but it does get better! xx

I agree with what you say about the tv shows making it look easy. I have had a rubbish day today, i didnt sleep well last night, i maybe got 3 or 4 hours. Plus when i do fall asleep im awake an hour later having to pee. Ive felt hungry and miserable all day but i have kept to the plan. Having an early night tonight

Hi all. Was working late tonight, food everywhere. Not good! And wine! Anyway I survived. I still feel really crappy, if it lasts must longer I am gonna crack!

I am going to Spain in August and I just keep thinking of that! It would be good to go a stone or so lighter.

X

I hope you don’t mind me reading your diary. We’re very similar weights, although I’ve been dieting for 9 weeks now (I was 28st5 to start and am now 26). I’m doing slimming world so my results will be slower than yours but I’m going to follow your diary with great interest.

Good luck x

How do you get your stats under your name? I’d love to have mine there for inspiration.

Click on your name at the top of the page, and then Account details. Boxes are all there waiting to be filled in :)

Welcome Comet! I hope this will be a motivating place :)

Had a really tough couple to days. On the way home from my Training day I felt so sick in the car it was awful. All evening I felt rough, tried to stick to just the packs but in the end I did have some boiled eggs. Yesterday I was working all day and again did not feel good at all. Thought it was too easy at the start lol!

Anyway today I'm resting and trying to get over what ever this is. Not sure if you are supposed to feel this dreadful! I am going to see how the next 24hrs go. I have to say right now i dont know how anyone does this and if it is even possible with a busy life. But I will do this week and see how it goes at least.

The products are very tasty so that is at least one good thing. And I'm loving the water flavourings. I'm going to make some jelly with that and the mix a mousse.

Still this next year I dedicate to sorting myself out! That is not changed.

Have a good day folks!
thank you blossom hope ur feeling better

Back