A year to lose a stone!

welshbrummie

I know i should be pleased with myself, having lost a stone, but it's taken me more than 10 months. And with 3 stone still to go, it's hard to remain motivated.

I'm with Slimming World and some of the members lose a stone in a month, i know what i aught to do, but I'm finding it extremely difficult.

On the plus side I've just found this marvellous website :)

Is there anyone out there like me? :wave_cry:

Thats pretty much how I was for years, I just couldnt stick to it when I was counting cals or points or sins, plus Im the kind of person who needs to see results to keep going... hence going onto Exante!

Wow youre doing fantasticly well, i'm really new to all this, never heard of exante before today, the only meal replacement I'd heard of was slimfast. What is the difference, and is it pricey??

Its total food replacement, costs £100 a month so probably works out cheaper then actual food shopping for yourself a month would!

I have a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and soup for dinner, if you stick to it 100% your lose around 12 to 14lbs a month, Ive only been on exante for a month and had a bad week where I fell off the wagon but have lost 11lbs in a month, would have lost over a stone if I hadnt of had that bad week.

Hi! What has your consultant got to say? Why not come over to the SW section and we will see what advice we can offer :)

Hi Welsh - I tried slimming world last year and only lost 4 lbs and then gained it again whilst on sw still. Ive since found out that the carbs do not agree with me at all hence following low carb diets this year with success xxx
good luck with your diet :D

hi vicky,
what a timely reply! i've just got my hands on the new Atkins book, and already am sold.
But it looks so hard. i shall have to put it off untill after xmas.
Are you managing to resist temptation?
What will you do about the festive period?
Are you now in OWL and able to drink wine??
Lorna

Lol Lorna - I must be psychic :) I do have my falls but in general Im good. Ive drank all the way through lorna - either red wine or vodka/gin and tonic. Over xmas Ill be as good as Ican apart from xmas day / boxing day. Its not really hard with atkins and you can have all the meat, a lot of veg and plenty of cheese!

Ill no doubt put some weight on over xmas but will just go back on strict induction again to lose the lbs. Do come over to the atkins forum on here its in the other diet section. There are loads of helpful stickies and people. :D

will do, thanx a lot :)

welshbrummie said:
I know i should be pleased with myself, having lost a stone, but it's taken me more than 10 months. And with 3 stone still to go, it's hard to remain motivated.

I'm with Slimming World and some of the members lose a stone in a month, i know what i aught to do, but I'm finding it extremely difficult.

On the plus side I've just found this marvellous website :)

Is there anyone out there like me? :wave_cry:

welshbrummie said:
will do, thanx a lot :)

Hey welsh brummie x

I have also struggled in the past.just joined ww this time. Do u need a slimming buddy to spur u on? I'm happy to buddy up :)

Oh, I'm a brummie too :)

Regards

Nikki :(

Hi Nikki, Yeh, lets be buddies, the more support we have the better, cos losing weight is such a challenge.

Tho i still go to my SW group (cos they are lovely), i have now defected to Atkins. Started on the induction phase 12 days ago, and thoroughly enjoying it, I'm able to eat loads of lovely meat,fish,cheese and a little bit of cream - as well as eggs and veg (no fruit allowed sadly at this stage).

I feel great and i think that this might be right for me (for now). I felt rubbish for a few days as my body adjusted to the loss of carbs, but now i've got bags of energy and don't often feel hungry and never feel deprived.

I think you just have to keep trying things out (i'm all for variety)
Never been to ww tho - what's the group like? How are you doing so far? Do you know how much you want to lose?

Back