Aaaaargh!

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
Feeling frustrated this morning. Weighed myself in the first time in forever, have been doing the shakes (manplan) for over 4 weeks now (since lock down down started) estimated my starting weight at around 14stone and have been feeling a lot more thinner and confident. Therefore was. Really surprised with a weight of 13stone 8 this morning! Genuinely thought I'd be at least a stone less!
Thought I was nearly at goal weight- what a fool!
Probably means I was higher than 14 stone but clearly also means I have lost any sense of my own size.
So.
Will continue with shakes as I genuinely enjoy the flavours and weigh in every Monday morning, and more if I feel like it.
Clearly my journey to goal is longer than I thought it would be. However, it's not like we're going anywhere in the near future is it?! ☺

Keep going I'm sure it will eventually come off.:)

6 lbs is good in 4 weeks. Good you have found something that you enjoy so it will be easier to stick to it.
I'm enjoying salads at the mo. Not having any 'naughty' foods so I'm going to keep going with salads. :)

Keep going I'm sure it will eventually come off.:)

6 lbs is good in 4 weeks. Good you have found something that you enjoy so it will be easier to stick to it.
I'm enjoying salads at the mo. Not having any 'naughty' foods so I'm going to keep going with salads. :)
Thank you for your support. We have conducted a very scientific experiment. Apparently I was using the old scales, and our newer scales are in line with the scales my husband was using at his football weight loss group. So I'm using them too and they give me a result I'm happier with 😂 if we can assume I was over 14 stone when I started then we're looking at around a stone in a month which is more acceptable to me. It helps that I absolutely love some of the flavours at the moment, coffee and walnut is my absolute favourite and I really look forward to it.

Down another couple of pounds this morning. Just 1stone 2lbs until I'm under the top end of my BMI.
I've been reflecting on weight through my life etc. The first time I joined slimming World I was in my early 20s and 10stone 13! Yet I felt fat enough to join a slimming club.
Another time I remember being horrified at my start weight of 11 stone 8. Now that's my goal. But here's the thing. I genuinely like my body more now, at this weight, than I did then. I also have more confidence with clothes etc. And I was shocked yesterday my start weight was higher than I thought as I'd been feeling confident and enjoying my clothes. So confidence isn't determined by BMI or a number in the scales. Which everyone else probably knew, and I knew in theory but this is being brought home to me.

Despite being heavier, I'm a much happier person than I was in my twenties. That's nice :)

Today is another day of trying to home school the kids (actually my husband does more of that than me) and a couple of hours work over the day. Will try and get out in this beautiful sunshine again.

Back